EN World Picnic In The Park - Saturday (9am-4pm) [Updated 7/25/06]

Rel

Liquid Awesome
ssampier said:
No offense guys, but I don't think I want to see either you or PirateCat in a wet t-shirt.:mad:

Sorry to disappoint.

Well you're just missing out then. Because PC is dead sexy in a wet t-shirt.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Apparently Queenie knows more about Piratecat from the waist down than we'd previously have guessed.

diaglo

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Really, the trick is not wearing pants. That way the t-shirt becomes a lot less relevant.

i didn't think Pants was gonna make to GC this year.

i'm not 100% sure about my schedule but i'll try and make it to the park.

diaglo "not leaving his cake out if it rains" Ooi

FickleGM

Explorer
Dextra said:
saturday afternoon starting circa 14h00 is the costume contest, so the entire gelfling entourage will be busy... and we were hoping that we'd score some en worlder support in the audience!

what about sunday brunch?

I'm still thinking about this. It is still early enough to make changes if necessary and I know that the costume contest is important.

So, what say the rest of you? I know that there are about 20 of you who have expressed interest. Speaking for myself, GenCon is going to be very busy and I am not interested in two picnic-type activities. I can see the following options being feasible for me:

• Saturday: 9 - 1 (more of a brunch-picnic and would cause me to not attend Killer Breakfast, but is during a cooler part of the day)
  • Saturday: 12-4 (the currently scheduled time, interferes with the costume contest and is during the hottest part of the day)
  • Sunday: 9-1 (could possibly impact my attending Alenda's game, but is a brunch-picnic and during a cooler part of the day)

Let me know if you feel that a change in schedule would work better and what time would work best. If I don't hear differently, I will keep it as is and encourage people to stop over for a bit and then go to the costume contest to cheer on the gelflings.

In an effort to include Dextra, Hellhound and the Gelflings, I had given two alternatives (listed above, along with the currently scheduled time). It appears, though, from the lack of responses, that people are reluctant to change the schedule at this stage of the game.

With this in mind, I would like to make one more stab at this.

Dextra, Hellhound and Gelflings - would you be able to make it for a little while if I start the picnic at 10am, instead of noon?

This goes for anyone else whose schedule had conflicted with the picnic, as well.

The picnic would still go until 4pm (unless everyone leaves early) and would conflict with my attending the costume contest (sorry Gelflings and Xath). I will be sending MrsFickleGM to the costume contest to take pictures and cheer on the Gelflings and Xath.

If I can get a half-dozen more people to attend by starting earlier, I will do so. Please let me know if this sounds like a good idea.

Ethernaut

First Post
An earlier Saturday or Sunday time would work best for me. Pirate Cat scheduled his M&M game (which I had signed up for long before he scheduled it) to be 2:00pm. This conflicts with the picnic and Risus game.

FickleGM

Explorer
Ethernaut said:
An earlier Saturday or Sunday time would work best for me. Pirate Cat scheduled his M&M game (which I had signed up for long before he scheduled it) to be 2:00pm. This conflicts with the picnic and Risus game.

Yeah, I am thinking about changing the time for the Risus game (I'll post about it in that thread).

So, that's one for an earlier start time...

Remove ads