ENboards Boston Game Day V sign-up! Come throw down some dice at Piratecat's house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Conaill said:
Hey Wulf,

What system are you going to be running in? d20 Modern? I assume you'll be drawing up the characters, right?

Also, I still haven't managed to get my hands on the League comic book (holidays turned out to be much more hectic than expected, and I have another project due next week). Do you consider it essential to know the background? Any good online "Cliff notes" you can recommend?

d20 Modern with some significant modifications that won't matter outside the context of a one-off adventure. If you can play d20 of any kind, you'll be fine.

I will have character sheets for everyone, with recommended equipment, but you will be able to get other things you may want, and everyone gets to roll hit points at the table. (With dinkeldog's re-roll rules, too!) Characters are built on standard array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) although I think Allan's are a smidgen higher. Everyone is 6th level equivalent (Griffin and Hyde are a little less than 5th level as they have a level of "Paranormal Adept" each.)

EDIT: And I just want to point out, that although there is some overlap simply due to the nature of the origin of these characters (lots of them have some kind of academic background) everyone has something they do well. Allan is a born leader with an adventurer's background, Mina is tough and dedicated, Nemo has many gadgets, Griffin is invisible (and a complete bastard), and Hyde... Well, Hyde gets to rip people limb from limb. Ok, he has a little Streetwise, too. ;) West will be charming though not technically "charismatic," will have a couple of gadgets but nothing approaching Nemo, and for the purposes of our adventure, we will focus mainly on his guns.

I wouldn't say that reading the comic book is mandatory, no. I do HIGHLY recommend it. It would help a lot in establishing your character and your relationship to the others, but I had planned to print a little summary for everyone anyway.

M.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Okay, I'm sending out directions right now to anyone who has emailed me. If you haven't emailed me and need directions, please do so!

So, Saturday at 3pm. See you then!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Those playing Godlike - you'll probably want to bring along a bunch of d10s....

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Those playing Feng Shui - You'll probably want to bring hell with you. Not so much in the spiritual sense. For example: "I'm comin', and hell's comin' with me." That kind of hell. So, bring hell with you.

hell and 2d6 of differing colors.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hey, time is running out if you need directions - and you'll be so lonely, standing in the street and looking mournfully for my house! :D

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Those playing LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN, please bring a characterful prop with you.

I will be giving out prizes at the end of the day, and bringing your prop is one scoring criteria. ;)

M.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Gospog said:
Wulf, I hear from PC that you are big into miniatures ,as am I. I'm still going to play Feng Shui (equally awesome) but if you need help with cooking up minis for your game, I'd be happy to bring any minis that I have (that would be of use to you).

As I won't be playing, I could even help out with the bad guys! :)

Just wanted to offer. That is too cool!

Is the offer still open? Because I could definitely use any and all appropriate miniatures you have.

Wulf

Larry Fitz

First Post
Gahhhh! P-Kitty please send me directions from Western CT!! Assume I'm taking 84 to the Mass Pike (cause I am), send those to Larry@lionerampant.com, thanks! Also I have a derby if anyone needs it for League of Distinguished Gentleman prop....(autographed by Bruce Campbell even... god I'm such a geek).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads