ENboards Boston get-together...?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I've emailed Gospog and Daeroon. Any other of you no-account email-throwing-away so-and-so's need another set of directions?

Gospog

First Post
It's good work if you can get it.

Dr. Midnight,

I don't know if you have hooks developed to get our characters involved, but I would be happy to have my PC work in the Hospital cafeteria.

I also look forward to Jackie Chan-like hilarity involving adjustable hospital beds.

Thank you.

Tom

Last edited:

Chronosome

First Post
Just a suggestion...but whatever's good. :)

:lol

Hey, Doc...

If you're assigning specific characters to players,
it'd be cool if you gave me one with an eyepatch...
I'm currently sporting, and it'd help suspend some disbelief. ;)

Is it same to say that we will be playing feng shui? What company puts this out? I would like some information so that I can have a charecter concept for this weekend. thanks

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Atlas Games publishes Feng Shui.

I should tell you people, I suppose, that I don't use the "secret war" stuff that provides the story content for the game. No F.S. sites. I use the old Hong Kong Action Theatre! (Event Horizon Games) idea of each session being one action movie.

Generally, you don't find HK action movies containing both Chan-style comic acrobatics and prop utilization AND gritty, hard-boiled Woo-style gunplay... but in a game where the players want both, it has to happen.

In most games I've seen, there's the Generic-Yun-Fat character lighting a cigarette with a burning playing card (Ace of Spades), and the goofy janitor who uses his mop to fight. I try to accomodate everyone's tastes for the movie action they enjoy most.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Dareoon:

If it isn't too presumptuous, might I suggest that you allow the good Doctor to generate the character concepts and stats, and that you pick from among them at game time?

I'm darned sure that Dr. Midnight will bend over backwards to please everybody, but think about what you're asking. Obviously, the Doc has to have the scenario planned out beforehand. You want him to then review or create stats and insert a concept he hasn't seen yet into the story at runtime? The poor guy already has to run a rules-briefing, and run a long-ish sesion for a bunch of unruly players :) Not that the Doc couldn't do this, mind you. But is it worth the extra effort to get your own concept?

In my experience, for one-shot games like this, you'll have more fun with a GM generated character that is specifically designed to fit into the action and story than a player-designed one that fits only as well as the GM can shoe-horn them in.

Remove ads