• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

English-Elvish-English Language Translations: Requests Welcome

Ferret

Explorer
Was that a typo or did you just say dish rather then disk? :p

What about a translation for "The pull" where pull can be substituted for temptation, lure, sway. Not for a person, but a sword that has a demon in it. Oh and if you replace the word can you try not to make it subtle, so it's the lure of fresh blood, not turning evil.

Angcuru

First Post
Palm Tree (tree of hands) - Ornen'ien
orn-on-ee-ehn

Was that a typo or did you just say dish rather then disk?
Wha?

The Pull (The Sway) - I'Siruluan'atyaya

Babelfish? I just look up the elvish word that best fits the word being translated and work from there. And I don't think a computerized translation tool is even possible for elvish. For that to work, there would need to be at least quadruple the words that are already present in elvish as we know it. Just what do you mean by 'whole texts'? Novels? Short stories? Paragraphs? If it's something small and short than you can just post it up I'll get around to it.

Janx

Hero
By whole texts I would probably mean paragraphs. Stuff on maps. Random bits that I want when I want, as opposed to waiting for someone (not that you're slow).

Bear in mind, I can make up my own elvish gibberish and nobody's going to be the wiser. I'm looking at an automated tool to help everybody with that.

The process isn't too hard. Build a list of english synonyms (words that mean the same) with one word as the root word that you have a translation for. Then let her rip.

I'd be just as likely to elvanize the text by replacing phonetic combinations, and rearranging sentence structure if detectable.

Ork is really easy, drop all the articles and convert.

Janx

Angcuru

First Post
Ill wind - Sulengwar
sool-ayng-waar

Ill met - Omentengwar
oh-men-tayn-gwaar

wicked smart ;) (very intelligent) - Saihanda
sai-hahn-dah

Lyrai

First Post
A quick request

I am not too sure what I am doing, if it wasn't obvious enough, I am rather new to this. I am actually seeking the Elvish translation for:

"The Whisper On The Wind."

Oh, and if you could add how to pronounce it (I'd hate to look like a babbling fool), I'd much appreciate it! Thanks a bunch!!

Last edited:

Angcuru

First Post
I'Quenamaska no'i'Sul - The Quite Speech on the Wind
ee kway-nah-mahs-kah no-ee sool

I'Bethmaska no'i'Sul - The Quite Word on the Wind
ee beth-nah-mahs-kah no-ee sool

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads