• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

English-Elvish-English Language Translations: Requests Welcome

Angcuru

First Post
Hey jayaint. Finally I get another request. I can't get to them right away, as I don't have my translation PDF with me (in the campus computer lab right now). I'll get to them soon enough, though. Probably by 4 O'clock (P.M. EST).

Also, you may note how in an above post I mentioned how a book I was purchasing would improve my work with this. Well, I was somewhat mistaken. It's more of a guide to speaking Elvish and the process of how Tolkien developed it than an Elvish-English Dictonary. Blah.

Last edited:

JesterPoet

First Post
How about "Sorry, we only accept Visa or Mastercard"

or

"I didn't mean to set the curtains on fire"

That one comes up a lot in our campaign.

Emiricol

How about this long phrase:

"It is proper that a man should die for his country."

In latin, that's something like:
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori."
(I never took latin, so...)

I'm hoping that sounds impressive in Elven :)

jayaint

First Post
Angcuru said:
Hey jayaint. Finally I get another request. I can't get to them right away, as I don't have my translation PDF with me (in the campus computer lab right now). I'll get to them soon enough, though. Probably by 4 O'clock (P.M. EST).

Also, you may note how in an above post I mentioned how a book I was purchasing would improve my work with this. Well, I was somewhat mistaken. It's more of a guide to speaking Elvish and the process of how Tolkien developed it than an Elvish-English Dictonary. Blah.

I wondered how come this thread disappeared right when you said you were getting a whole new book on the subject matter... ??

no worries on the time lag... i'm amazed each and every time i request something and you come through, it's really cool.

I'll check back this evening myself... first nice day we've had here in AGES...

Angcuru

First Post
Fallen Knight - Tanantohtar (Fallen Warrior)
tah-nah-no-tar

Disguised Curse - Umartemplawethrina
oo-mar-tem-pla-weth-rin-ah

Blessed Wolf - Draugaman
drow-ga-mahn

Cured by Nature - Falaned'Seorsa
fah-lahn-ed-say-oar-sah

Shapeless - Kantan'ner
kahn-tahn-ner

No True Form - N'umanwakanta
nn-oom-on-wa-kahn-tah

Angcuru

First Post
"We only accept Visa or Mastercard" - Lye ere' sana Visa ri' Mastercard.
lie ay-ray sah-nah Visa ree Mastercard

"I didn't mean to set the curtains on fire" - Amin ilmerne a' panye i' hennethlanne no'naur.
ah-min eel-mayr-nay ah- pain ee hen-neth-nah-nay no-nowr

Angcuru

First Post
"It is proper that a man should die for his country." - Ta quel tanya edan gurthauya ten' ho ardhon.
(It is good that a man dies for his country.)
ta kel tan-ya ay-don gurth-ow-yah ton ho ar-thon (soft 'th')

Last edited:

Emiricol

Angcuru said:
"It is proper that a man should die for his country." - Ta quel tanya edan gurthauya ten' ho ardhon.
(It is good that a man dies for his country.)
ta kel tan-ya ay-don gurth-ow-yah ton ho ar-thon (soft 'th')
Thanks, Angcuru! You rock :)

Angcuru

First Post
Ferret said:
Angcuru, how about, a catch-all phrase for "By any means nescessary"? Also "My floating disk is full of eels"?

My floating dish is full of long fish, - Venewilien en' amin naa quanta en' lingwean
vay-nay wih-lee-ehn on ah-min nah kwon-tah on leeng-way-on

By all ways needed. - Ed' ai me antaya.
ed I may ahn-tah-yah

Last edited:

Remove ads