• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENnies 2002 Judges Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
EN World d20 System Awards 2002

It's time to elect the judges for the ENnies this year!

Just like last year, we'll need 5 volunteer judges from the EN World community. Like last year, I will merely be adopting an organisational role - I won't be part of the judging process. There are a few rules concerning who can/cannot be a judge, based on obvious conflict-of-interest criteria and on practical lessons we learned last year:

• If you are a publisher, writer, artist or have been involved in any way with the publishing of a d20 system product, you are not eligible to enter.
  • You must be prepared to adopt responsibility for the shipping of products (although you won't necessarily be asked to do so). One US-based judge will be responsible for having the products sent directly to them by the publishers and shipping them out in packages to the other judges. I will pay for the shipping, so don't worry! Because of this, the judging team must include one US-based member, and so the highest scoring US-based member in the election will be on the team, even if they don't make it into the top 5.
  • You must have been a member of this community for at least 2 months (either on these or the old boards).
  • Note that the judges will also be responsible for helping decide on any category or procedural changes this year.

If you wish to be a judge (you get loads of free stuff!), please indicate your interest in this thread. Please also indicate whether or not you are a US-based member. Finally, please introduce yourself and tell everyone why they should vote for you.

Please do not use this thread to discuss the procedure or anything else. If you have a question or comment, please post it in another thread.

I'll be leaving this thread open for one week. You must have posted by midday US Central Time on Friday 15th March in order to be enter the election.

Finally - this is a responsibility. If there's any chance that you think that you may not have the time to read through 50+ d20 products and carefully judge them in various categories over a period of about a month, please do not enter the election.

For more information on the ENnies, please see last year's ENnies page.

Last edited:

Shinsetsu

First Post
I'll be the first to volunteer. Since I've never officially written- only unofficially. I don't know if I like how they treat the winners of things around here. After that one guy got put to the sword, well, that's harsh.

BTW, you all should vote for me because I don't always go the same way that the majority does, and a guy like that should always be on a judging panel. I'll only approve something if it's innovative, fills an important (relevant) role, or sounds absolutely kickass to play. Don't vote for me because you like me. Vote for me because I play the game.

Last edited:

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring again. I enjoyed taking part last year and don't think I cocked anyting up:)

I'm Canadian by the way, and although we share a continent with the American's, i can tell dozens of tales about the difficulty of mailing stuff across the border efficiently.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Allow me to volunteer for this job. I've been a gamer for almost 20 years. Spent most of my time on both the DM side of the screen, but lately have been enjoying the PC aspect. I've been a big poster on these boards. I'm pretty well versed in everything d20.

I'm in America so shipping should not be that big of a problem hopefully if I get this honor.

Tuerny

First Post
I would like to volunteer as well. I was house reviewer for EN World for a decent period of time, and was house reviewer for AtFantasy before that.
I have been keeping up with the d20 market since. I also served on the back-up committee for the ENnies last year.

Since then I have been doing some playtesting for various difference companies

If you want to you can still see all of my old reviews on the old review section of the web site.

I have been gaming since 1992, starting with the Rule 'Cyclopedia (which was great in its time) and have since a wide variety of games from 2nd edition to Hero Wars to GURPS.

I have been a lurker in the community since this community since the very start, though I did not really become active till around this time last year. I am actually more active now than I ever was before, particularly in the story hour forum.

I think I would make a good member of the committee because reviewing products is part of what I "did" for a good period of time, and because I am very familiar with the d20 market as it stands, thus able to make informed choices on the products.

Last edited:

Wolfspider

Explorer
I also would like to humbly volunteer for this great honor and responsibility. :D

I have two real qualifications for this job: I've been a gamer since 1980, and I've been an English teacher since 1995.

As a teacher I've had to evaluate the writing of my students and make difficult choices concerning what grades to give them, so I am no stranger to the act of judging writing according to set guidelines (in my case, a rubric).

As a gamer with a limited budget (comes with being a teacher, unfortunately), I've had to be very careful of what gaming material I buy so I don't waste a single penny. So far I think I've picked my purchases well; only a couple stinkers have gotten past me. (I left them reeking on my bookshelf to keep me humble.)

And I promise I won't freak out if an adventure I'm evaluating features a dragon. :D

Best of luck to everyone....

Last edited:

Eternalknight

First Post
I'll volunteer as well. I'm in Australia, I've never done anything significant, but I know what I like and I love the d20 system. I probably won't recieve any votes, but hey, I'd love to be part of it.

King_Stannis

Explorer
awww, heck, i'll throw my hat into the ring this year, morrus.

i've been a member of the community (going back to Eric's boards) for about a year now.

i have a pretty wide library of D20 stuff, plus i've dm'd a weekly game for the last (OMG!) 10 years, with only a few breaks. i rely heavily on published material for my games, seeing as i have a wife and kids. i think i can keep a pretty open mind in judging the D20 entrants, and would consider it a high honor if i were considered.

Last edited:

bramadan

First Post
I am volunteering as well.

I have reviewed a decent number of products here on the page and have been arround since the first boards. As it can be seen from my reviews my particular interest is in the sourcebooks as opposed to the adventures and this seems to be the year of the sourcebook. I believe that good prose, interesting content and sound game mechanics are all equaly important for the quality of the game product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads