ENWorld Fantasy Basketball IS HERE!!! (league now filled)

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Blirgleflickle. I guess either way I was hosed. :p

*scrambles to figure out what to do with his sixth-round pick*

--The Sigil

The Sigil

I figured Eddie put up pretty good numbers (except FG%) last year, and with Shaq's arrival, that FG% should go up some... and I don't see him having a huge dip in his scoring since even though the Heat have added Shaq, they gave up Odom, Butler, and Grant - who took (combined) about the same number of shots.

We'll see if I guessed right, I suppose.

--The Sigil

The Sigil

RE: Dropoff in talent

Yes, it is... that's why I was hoping to snag Ratliff to at least have two serviceable centers.

I guess I'll have to pull a sleeper or two (and I do have a couple guys in mind) out of my backside in round 8 or 9.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
The Sigil said:
I agonized over whether to snag Jones or Theo and hope the other one slid 4 picks.

Well he wasn't going to slide 4 more picks only 1... ;)

I think I'm going to take some of that 12 hour time limit... LS you intrested in trade Theo for Ilgauskas and your next draft pick let me know. :)

The Sigil

Speaking of trades, I might be willing to swap my 6th and 7th round picks with someone who has a top 6 pick in the 7th round (i.e., I'd move down a few spots in the 6th round and move up a few spots in the 7th round while the other owner would move up a few spots in the 6th round and down a few spots in the 7th round) - them what might be interested, let me know via e-mail.

--The Sigil

LeapingShark

First Post
I have question. In our Yahoo league, there is a "Pending" period of 2 days for trades, providing a large safety window for all managers to review a completed trade before it goes into effect. That still applies here?

Also, I noticed that one of our league's default settings was removed. Normally after the draft is over, the remaining players go directly to "waivers", where they remain until they clear waivers. This is to give managers 2 days to examine their rosters, and place waiver bids on the remaining players, which are sorted by priority. Afterwords, all players change to free agents. The post-draft setting we have is "free agents", which means whichever managers happen to have free time at the conclusion of the draft, can immediatly claim whatever players they wish, while the other managers are asleep/working, etc.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
LeapingShark said:
I have question. In our Yahoo league, there is a "Pending" period of 2 days for trades, providing a large safety window for all managers to review a completed trade before it goes into effect. That still applies here?

Good question... Not sure.

LeapingShark said:
This is to give managers 2 days to examine their rosters, and place waiver bids on the remaining players, which are sorted by priority. Afterwords, all players change to free agents.

I agree with LS on this, I think the setting needs to return to the default... I've seen this abused a few times in my life... It’s not fun nor is it fair. (I am willing to change it from 2 days to 1 day.)

Edit: I'm considering myself to be off the clock until the trade review ruling is decided.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
I was commenting to LS via email, it's hard to trade at this point. There's so many picks to go, you can't even really be sure what you'll need. After the draft is done, I'm betting there will be some trades, though.

Remove ads