ENworlder created Jackie Chan Adventures! (was: Jonrog1's new TV series "Red Skies")

Tortoise

First Post
jonrog1 said:
We're trying to do a John Woo/Johnny To style crime drama with lots of action. Vivian Wu is a Beijing military police officer chasing a gang lord on an illegal refugee smuggling ship. When it's raided by the FBI, her partner's killed and she teams up with the Agents to get her man.

Gun-fu, chick-fu, explosions, and witty banter ensue.

So far the reviews by people who get it are good (the LA DAILY NEWS dug it), and the people who don't get it are either annoyed there's too much violence mixed in with the banter or too much banter breaking up the action (not kidding).

I've been accused of "gratuitous violence". Finally! :)

CONGRATS!
You have now earned your FU merrit badge. :)

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Wow! That's awesome! Did you get to meet John Woo?

Sounds like just the sort of project he needs to get back to.

Does it include harmonica music? Gotta have the hambone harmonica music.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Salutations,

I just got done watching- congratulations! What a great show!

I look forward to seeing it in the future.

Vivian Wu is incredibly beautiful. If I had not already sworn my life to Zhang Ziyi, then she would be the next runner-up. haha.

The characters are sharp and the banter is perfect.

The fights were pretty cool as well- the fight on the I-beam was nice.

I especially like the touch of a mother-daughter criminal team.

I know you will probably not answer, but can we assume comic book rules here: Unless there is a body or death scene shown, then a character is still alive?

There are few programs I watch that are non-news related- yours has made the list.

Respectfully submitted
FD

Darklance

First Post
I thought it was fairly good. The action was entertaining and the story was pretty good as well. I have a question though....The brother of the crime lord was small potatoes. He had been in the US for years and done a poor job of the operations there...so why not let the brother kill the main guy? Yah its skirting around the law but who cares? And then the brother would be convicted for murder etc so they would have gotten two with one stone.
My brother was talking to me at that point so I might have missed something however...

I really liked the scenery. I thought the outside meeting in the Chinese style thing with the flowing drapes was really atmospheric. Is this your first show BTW?

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
It was very well done. I was quite impressed. I love action movies of this nature. The characters were well done and quite interesting. Keep up the excellent work. :)

Last edited:

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Darklance said:
He had been in the US for years and done a poor job of the operations there...so why not let the brother kill the main guy? Yah its skirting around the law but who cares? And then the brother would be convicted for murder etc so they would have gotten two with one stone.

My guess:
Malcolm was hoping for one of two things-
1) To get Zhao Lo's brother to act foolishly and have him on concrete charges- which could be used as leverage to get him to testify against Zhao Lo.
2) To scare Zhao Lo's brother (Tan, wasn't it?) into seeking police protection.

FD

jonrog1

First Post
Furn_Darkside said:

My guess:
Malcolm was hoping for one of two things-
1) To get Zhao Lo's brother to act foolishly and have him on concrete charges- which could be used as leverage to get him to testify against Zhao Lo.
2) To scare Zhao Lo's brother (Tan, wasn't it?) into seeking police protection.

FD

Actually, he pretty much knew what was going to go down. I'm trying to set up -- with varying degrees of success -- the idea of a character interested in rough justice. Either Zhao Lo has to kill his brother, thereby paying for his sins, or Tam goes for the kill and the chips fall where they may.

That's what Nicole's talking about at the end, the realization that Cross is so good at manipulating people, he knew how to get what he considered justice.

I also didn't want to kill Roger Yuan. It was so great to get a villain who was a silky businessman, not an over-the-top martial arts lord.

And I fought for the harmonica music, but to no avail.

Thanks for all the feedback and compliments, everyone. I'm proud to wave the d20 flag -- we must stick together!!

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Would make for a nice d20 Modern game. Giving Cross about 3 levels in Charismatic Hero would account for his ability to manipulate people. Add in 2 levels of Police Officer, 3 levels of Smart Hero, and another 3 levels of FBI Agent, and you've got your hero.

Remove ads