• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Build Ideas

Khaalis

Adventurer
Shariell said:
take fighter 4 for weapon specialization and then Epic weapon specialization.
It's worth +6 damage with that weapon.

I was thinking along this same line with wrapping up the pre-epic progression with Fighter to take the build to Fighter 4. Thanks for the confirmation.

Even a look to the Templar Prc is a good thing since that grant you weapon spec. in your deity's weapon an a couple of nice abilities :)

By Templar I assume you mean the Pious Templar from CD? If so there is one major flaw with the class... Its designed for NPC's unless of course you ignore the flavor of the class, which states that templars are sworn and bound to the defense of a specific temple site. rather limiting for a PC. Otherwise a 1 level dip for Mettle is very nice.

Khaalis

Adventurer
Shariell said:
warrior skald at epic seems very impressive (bard-oriented).
The epic progression is on the WotC site.

This isnt a bad suggestion. The only concern I have is that flavor-wise, it still doesnt quite fit. Again, as with every class I have looked it, the abilities primarily boost allies powers and a few harmful effects on enemies, but nothing that really inspires other into battle. I am looking more for a way for the character to be able to incite battle in others. Basically something on the line of the character walks into town. By the time he leaves town, the townsfolk are following him to war against the neighboring town that they have never had a quarrel with.

Last edited:

Jack Simth

First Post
Song & Silence, the Virtuoso Prestige Class, Caulumny (Su) - listeners must make a will save or have their impression of a person or group shift downwards by one increment - indifferent to unfriendly, or unfriendly to hostile - for a length of time (selected by how much the virtuoso puts into it) - might be what you are after.

Scion

First Post
Warmind 5 (you did say other class 5 right? ;) )

5d10
+5 BAB
good fort and reflex progression
access to some good psionic powers (and the ability to use psionic items and feats)

and the big winner
Sweeping strike

Now with every massive swing you do with the warhulk you can hit the same people many more times.

If I remember correctly the warhulk allows you to make an attack roll against each creature in an arc. The warmind allows each of those attack rolls to count against a creature and the creature next to it.

It wont work very often (who stands in formation like that anyway?) but when it does... wow..

Shariell

First Post
Khaalis said:
By Templar I assume you mean the Pious Templar from CD? If so there is one major flaw with the class... Its designed for NPC's unless of course you ignore the flavor of the class, which states that templars are sworn and bound to the defense of a specific temple site. rather limiting for a PC. Otherwise a 1 level dip for Mettle is very nice.

Yes, it is.
Sorry for mispelling, but I don't have CD, I read his name in the Italian 3.0 book Defenders of the Faith (who name it "Templare"). BTW...in the 3.0 book if I recall correctly, the templar is not only a static temple defender, but even a powerful agent (thus, in your background, you could insert a great quest to accomplish, assigned by your temple's high priest (maybe search for some powerful stolen artifact) ...this is a potential hook for adventure and a good reason to your joureneys).

PS. sorry for my English...this is not my first language :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads