• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic D&D 3.5: The Eye of Profane Truth [full]

Rkhet

First Post
Eldritch Giant and Astral Stalker are okay.

And earlier you said that Deepwood Sniper was fine. It's from Masters of the Wild.

I got it confused with Darkwood Stalker from CWar.

Nightstick is from Libris Mortis. Note that multiple Nightsticks don't stack.

There is no such thing as Bracers of Armor +10. Nonepic version goes up to +8. Epic version starts at +11.

Your Mantle of Epic SR and Cloak of Cha take up the same slot.

Didn't pay for the Adamantine on your buckler.

Arrows can't be returning. They're destroyed if they hit, and destroyed 50% of the time if they missed.

Vest of Res goes up to +5.

Last edited:

Komodo

First Post
Rkhet said:
I got it confused with Darkwood Stalker from CWar.
Doesn't matter. I got rid of it entirely.

There is no such thing as Bracers of Armor +10. Nonepic version goes up to +8. Epic version starts at +11.
Alright. Switched those out for Dyr's Impervious Vestment and some bracers of archery.

Your Mantle of Epic SR and Cloak of Cha take up the same slot.
Got rid of the mantle. My Rod of Invulnerability takes care of it, and I got a Rod of Epic Splendor for when I need Charisma.

Didn't pay for the Adamantine on your buckler.
Paid in full.

Arrows can't be returning. They're destroyed if they hit, and destroyed 50% of the time if they missed.
Poop. Alright, just bought a bunch more arrows.

Vest of Res goes up to +5.
Fixed.

Whew. Alright, anything else? This guy has to be almost done.

Alright,

Rkhet

First Post
The Favored Class of Half-Ogres is Barbarian. You'll be taking an XP penalty with the current build.

You took Manyshot twice. But since you have one too many Fighter bonus feat, it evens out (juggle this a bit. Weapon Spec requires Fighter 4. IPS requires Bab 11, which you don't get until lvl 12).

Unlike the Rod of Epic Splendor, the Rod of Invulnerability only works when held. Using a bow requires both hands.

May be advisable to carry a backup melee weapon.

The Impervious Vestment is a robe. Which means the same slot as the Robe of Eyes.

I read up on the Buckler. It seems that you won't get much use out of it:

-You take a -1 attack for using two-handed weapons.
-You don't get the armor bonus if you use weapons.

You do still get the special abilities, though.

Your signature weapon: 4000xp*5 + (3000 adamantine + 100 base + 1500 strength)*2 large = 29200

Bestial Domain grants Scent. The one that grants free Weapon Focus is War.

Pick your spells. You don't get a whole lot, but you never know when it could come in handy.

Counting up your pre-epic levels (Ranger 4/Kensai 1/Fighter 4/Oobi 10/Cleric 1), your base saves should be Fort 13, Ref 12, Will 13. Did I miss something?

Your base HP should be 164. Adding the Con bonus 6*29=174, total HP=338.

Include the weapon enhancement bonus and anything else you get from your items in your Ranged/Melee Attack score (show them separately, though).

After you change the items, tally it up again. It probably won't add up to 5 million.

You need to submit a few paragraphs of fluff. What motivates him, his outlook in life, what he thinks of his predicament and the others, that sort of thing. Also, since you have 10 levels of Kensai, you need an Oath of Service.

Lastly, a list of active spells/effects. Should be pretty short.

Last edited:

Rkhet

First Post
New house rule:
When Dispelled, Permanent spells are suppressed for 10 minutes, after which they come back.

Everyone: when you are noting down active spells, note down the caster level too.

Voidrazor:
Divine Power grants temporary HP. You need to list those so that I don't forget about them.

Base saves are Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 16.

You should have 165 skill points. Don't forget the human bonus.

Stalwart and Renewal Pact has an XP component. You will need to buy scrolls with XP attached for those.

Now that you don't have Dire Charge, you won't be needing Improved Initiative.

You still have a +10 Periapt of Wisdom listed when it should be +12.

When I add up all your gear I get 5,170,000gp. One Greater Quicken Rod too many, methinks.

If you buy minimum caster level Shapechange scrolls, you will be limited to forms 17HD or under. Since you cannot buy epic scrolls, even the highest caster level scrolls you buy is limited to 20HD. Also, assuming that you continually renew your spells when not resting, you will be going through them at the rate of 6/day. Are you sure?

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
OK to just cast Renewal Pact (and possibly Stalwart Pact) in game?

Improved Initiative still seemed like a pretty optimal choice.

Yep, meant to remove the rod, forgot to.

On Shapechange Scrolls. Its a nasty, expensive habit, but I'll either conserve or buy more when they start to run out. Although I might need to make changes depending on how you judge the polymorph rules. My reading of the most recent version is that spells like Visage of the Deity and Righteous might would be overidden if cast in human form before using Shapechange. If this is the case what would happen if I
a) Cast Shapechange (changing to critter x) then cast Visage and then used the already active Shapechange spell to change to critter y
or
b) Cast Shapechange then Visage and later cast Shapechange again without actually changing form agan just to keep it active?

Random Questions:
Can I make a tumble check to avoid AoO's during a charge? A leaping charge?
Does Restoration remove ability damage from drugs while leaving the benefits?

Last edited:

Rkhet

First Post
read the original Polymorph articles on the WotC site. Those are the rules we are using, not the new ones. Read that and the SRD descriptions.

VotD and the like are not overriden by Shapechange. A spell checks for valid target when it is cast, not continually.

A Tumble check is a part of normal movement, according to the skill description. Specifically, it is used as a part of a move action. So you can't use it with charge. Nor can you run while tumbling.

Restoration removes all effects of drugs, both positive and negative. More generally, there is no way of removing the negative effects leaving only the positive, because it is the same effect that causes both damage and bonus.

Pyrex

First Post
Shayuri said:
Shard points at Lessa. "She could make big bushes crowd around with sharp pointy thorns...in a MAZE around it! And we could put spells inside to block all kinds of stuff."

Woo hoo! Bring on the Shamblers Topiary Golems!

Argh! Can't get images to attach...

Voidrazor

First Post
So Shapechange inherits the critter's feats too? Nastiness. That being the case, I got rid of improved initiative after all.

If everything checks out I'm ready to go.

Rkhet

First Post
Only the racial bonus feats (those marked (B)). You get ability scores, size, type, plus Natural, Ex and Su abilities. Nothing else.

Read the spell description in the SRD. Carefully.

One thing, though: the spell description says 'you lose all your supernatural abilities'. I am taking this to mean supernatural abilities gained through race. Prestige class Su abilities are not affected (it would otherwise be absurd for, say, the Warshaper.)

Last edited:

Remove ads