Epic D&D campaign (still recruiting)

ghostcat

First Post
[MENTION=30034]ghostcat[/MENTION]: So it appears that your low movement speed is going to be a real hindrance to your character, so I've decided to step in and give you some advice.

Simply put, I want you to do four things to fix up your character.

1: Get rid of your current boots entirely.
2: Buy Boots of Swiftness for 256,000gp
3: Buy Wings of Flying for 54,000gp
4: Remove the resistance quality you put on your ring and put it on a vest of resistance to save you 50,000 gold.

Should you do these 4 things, the boots of swiftness will double your movement speed to 130ft when you are walking.

The wings are flying are like your boots, but they do not have a limit to how long you can use them, which grants the additional benefit that you don't have to turn them off so you don't need to waste a standard action in order to use them. Paired with the boots, you would have a fly speed of 190ft (good).

Yep. Didn't realise that a 50' movement would be so sluggish in an Epic game. I must admit I was surprised when I suddenly found myself so far behind the action.

I'll make the changes. Do you want me to revise my last action?

Jemal

Adventurer
two things ghostcat.
First, your current movement's 65, not 50.
Second, you could've charged the purple worm anyways. It was 100' from you, for which a double move/charge would've been sufficient.

ghostcat

First Post
two things ghostcat.
First, your current movement's 65, not 50.
Second, you could've charged the purple worm anyways. It was 100' from you, for which a double move/charge would've been sufficient.

Thanks for that Jemal. I'm not used to High Level games and I have more to learn that I realised.

How do you get 65' movement? I work it as 30' [basic] +20' [Enhancement:scout]. I know a 2nd level Dervish gets Fast Movement but I thought Enhancement bonuses don't stack.

Jemal

Adventurer
That would be my bad, I thought the fast movement was unnamed like the barbarians, didn't realize it was enhancement.

ghostcat

First Post
[MENTION=30034]ghostcat[/MENTION]: So it appears that your low movement speed is going to be a real hindrance to your character, so I've decided to step in and give you some advice.

Simply put, I want you to do four things to fix up your character.

1: Get rid of your current boots entirely.
2: Buy Boots of Swiftness for 256,000gp
3: Buy Wings of Flying for 54,000gp
4: Remove the resistance quality you put on your ring and put it on a vest of resistance to save you 50,000 gold.

Should you do these 4 things, the boots of swiftness will double your movement speed to 130ft when you are walking.

The wings are flying are like your boots, but they do not have a limit to how long you can use them, which grants the additional benefit that you don't have to turn them off so you don't need to waste a standard action in order to use them. Paired with the boots, you would have a fly speed of 190ft (good).

[MENTION=6668704]Dharuhk Svahre[/MENTION]. I have finally got round to looking at this and there are a few problems.

1 - As I told Jemel, Scout Fast Movement and Dervish Fast Moevement are both enhancement bonuses and don't stack. So Ishasha's base movement is 50' which will double to 100'.

2 - As far as I can tell, fly speed is a fixed 60' and doesn't stack with the characters base speed. This will give a flying speed of 60', the same as the winged boots.

3 - Wings of Flying are classed as a cloak, which uses the back slot. This is already in use.

Changing the Boots to Boots of Swiftness and Step 4 still makes sense. Wings instead of winged boots maybe not. In fact sticking the wings back on the boots only costs 24K.

Comments.

Jemal

Adventurer
flight speed should still be affected by anything that increases your speed so long as it doesn't state in increases your "LAND" speed (Which several do).

Also what's yer back slot? You could add the wings to it, or swap it to a different slot if applicable.

ghostcat

First Post
flight speed should still be affected by anything that increases your speed so long as it doesn't state in increases your "LAND" speed (Which several do).

Also what's yer back slot? You could add the wings to it, or swap it to a different slot if applicable.

Currently Ishasha's back slot is taken up with:
Code:
Cloak of Defence (326,000)
- Mantal of Epic Spell Resistance +40 (290,000)
- Displacement (Minor) (24,000)
- 50% Combo Charge (12,000)

This could be changed to:
Code:
Cloak of Defence (407,000)
- Mantal of Epic Spell Resistance +40 (290,000)
- Displacement (Minor) (24,000)
- Wings of Flying (54,000)
- 50% Combo Charge (39,000)

Even with the extra funds released by DS' changes, I still can't afford this. I could release sufficient funds by getting ride of my Obsidian Steed. Still if I can fly all day at a speed faster then a steed then I don't need a warhorse.

Jemal

Adventurer
hey, back from the vaca with a new compy, and ready to rejoin assuming you guys are still going and still want me.

Remove ads