Epic D&D campaign (still recruiting)

Shayuri

First Post
The good will that any self-serving character would want to try to be building up as soon as it became clear that these entities were all too potent to make it economical to try to dominate by force, or dispose of by guile.

Mind you, I'm speaking from the point of view of an intelligent, long-term thinking evil entity here. Make allies of them, with oneself as the organizing force of course, so as to have a marginally superior position. Then, over time, make them dependent on your leadership and your aid so that you become "too big to fail" essentially. At that point, they'll keep supporting you even through qualms.

It's that, escape, or try to fight...and you can't beat them all. Escape is possible, but it still leaves you at the bottom of the heap.

Just saying, even if you want to play total selfishness, there's still excellent reasons to try to get along.

rangerjohn

Explorer
You said lose goodwill. At this point there no is goodwill to lose, they're waiting for her to make one mistake, so they will have an excuse to kill her. At this point I don't seeing her establishing goodwill without bending over backwards. OOC: a lawful good act, something so out of character it isn't something likely to happen.

Jemal

Adventurer
I would prefer to keep from causing fights (Both in AND out of character), but I have tried to be as party friendly as possible in the past(with the exception of the outburst in the square), and my attempts have been either ignored or dismissed. Kayla has done as much as she could to attempt to stave off fights between the legends, and tried to get them to come together to understand what's going on.
Now, I understand that these are all epic characters with egos to match (And some are "not-so-good"), so it's kind of understandable, but there's only so much leeway I could give.

Shahaza attempted to just take off with my only readily available source of information after refusing to allow us access to him (while making a joke about how the only reason to torture him would be for amusement). Then there's the fact that this occured in the middle of what I had assumed was going to be a "party-chat time" to attempt to sort out how we all feel about each other and build some trust. But then, two of the party members decided "workign with these people is a waste of my time, I'm going to go it solo", and tried to leave. I didn't try to stop Dizzy b/c I had no reason, but when an evil demon chick tries to take off with our only prisoner after makign a torture joke, I'm allready stretching the meta-gaming "don't fight other PC's" to the limit when my Lawful Good Paladin hasn't smote the vile beast down allready.

If Shahaza weren't a PC, we'd have been in combat rounds long ago, and definitely NOT because I'm 'waiting for her to make a mistake'. I think I've gone out of my way to avoid confrontation before this.

Jemal

Adventurer
I've tried to come up with a way to resolve the issues without force, but the only thing I can think of is one of us backing down completely and allowing the other to be dominant, and I don't see that happening...

I'm open to suggestions.

Albedo

First Post
Seriously rangerjohn, it is not productive in any way,shape, or form to go into a game you decided NOT to be a part of and attempt to convince the players that they can't work together and shouldn't even try.

Vertexx69

First Post
I was also working under the presumption of the lodge being the "getting to know each other" time instead of the "can we eat her" time.

Going into a game knowing who your character was going to be loosely grouped with, should have at least mildly flavored the personalities of the characters. Specifically choosing to make snap judgments, and taking everything said as some personal insult or slight is not the way to start any game. We have a vampire, a mutant, a construct, a demon and a pair of human women, so a bit more leeway than usual is going to be needed.

I'm trying to have Hanshu explain it IC, in a way that can't be seen as some sort of retreat, and to just chill folks out, so everyone can have a chance to play with the meat book. :p

And seeing it from outside the game, that this guard is completely useless is just funny as far as I'm concerned. We could have been resurrected in the middle of a town as some sort of magical urban pacification weapons, so that plan just backfired big time! Going all rampagy isn't going to help anyone.

Jemal

Adventurer
Dharuhk, I need to know your take on the tarrasque's Carapace. It says it reflects "Rays, lines, cones, and even magic missiles". Now, to most people that's fairly straight forward - It reflects Rays, Lines, Cones, and Magic Missiles. But I've heard some arguments over the fact that it says "EVEN" magic missiles, meaning it affects more things.. though its always vague on what those 'other' things might be.

So I figured I'd just ask.

Remove ads