Epic D&D campaign (still recruiting)

Shayuri

First Post
I support this interpretation, as it hopefully means that it doesn't deflect Eldritch Blast, unless they're in the form of a ray, line, or cone...and thus Omega is not about to get a face full of his own acid. :)

Jemal

Adventurer
Yeah, that'd suck allright.

Good news is it means I can affect the thing directly, and don't have to use my 'backup-vs-magic immune' strategy.

Jemal

Adventurer
Allright, couple questions about the not purple worm.

Does it have any other visible appendages besides the wings?
Does its tail appear to have a stinger?
What size is it?
What about it makes me think it's NOT a purple worm if it so closely resembles one? What's different? Is it just a gaint worm that happens to be purple, or does it actually look like a 'purple worm'?

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
1. There are no other appendages, however there do appear to be hook like claws protruding from the end of the creature's wings.

2. Yes, the tail has a stinger, just like a purple worm.

3. Colossal

4. You know that the creature very closely resembles a 'purple worm'. But you know that it is not a purple worm in the same way that a well trained person can tell apart breeds of cats.

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
[MENTION=6668704]Dharuhk Svahre[/MENTION] After rolling something like 40 dice, I have come to the conclusion that the ENWorld Dice Roller interface is a bit unwieldy for a two-weapon epic fighter. Either that or I don't know how to use it properly. Anyway, is it OK if I use Invisible Castle for dice rolls?

Jemal

Adventurer
also too bad I dont' have any way to chain/share personal spells, I'm sure you'd love a +10 on top of that wouldn't ya? ;)

I originally thought Assay Resistance was targeted and lowered the targets resistance, but then my roomate pointed out that it's personal and raises my chance to overcome it. Oh well, not as party friendly as I'd hoped, but still useful.

OH, while we're on the subject, Remember that i struck the worm with a targeting ray, so all ranged attacks against it get a +6 Insight bonus to hit. Not just my attacks.

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
[MENTION=30034]ghostcat[/MENTION]: So it appears that your low movement speed is going to be a real hindrance to your character, so I've decided to step in and give you some advice.

Simply put, I want you to do four things to fix up your character.

1: Get rid of your current boots entirely.
2: Buy Boots of Swiftness for 256,000gp
3: Buy Wings of Flying for 54,000gp
4: Remove the resistance quality you put on your ring and put it on a vest of resistance to save you 50,000 gold.

Should you do these 4 things, the boots of swiftness will double your movement speed to 130ft when you are walking.

The wings are flying are like your boots, but they do not have a limit to how long you can use them, which grants the additional benefit that you don't have to turn them off so you don't need to waste a standard action in order to use them. Paired with the boots, you would have a fly speed of 190ft (good).

Remove ads