Epic Fail Chart

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
seen the funble and crit cards. We were haveing a bit of bad luck and were hitting the fumble deck 1 out of 3 attacks while the bad guys were hitting the crit deck about one out of 4.

The players reberlled. the cards were put away.

Ycore Rixle

First Post
I like the idea of an epic fail chart - not for when you roll a 1 in combat, but when a Pc does something so staggeringly stupid...

I do too. Reminds me of the Random Damage table from Dragon 100. I used to threaten players with that all the time. Now if they do something stupid, I could threaten them with the Epic Fail table instead. Let's see.

1-2 - Roll every die you own for damage. Don't add them. Multiply them.
3-4 - Any character you ever make again in any system gains no skill points.
5-6 - Draw Richard Simmons in your character portrait spot on the character sheet. That's what you look like now.
7-8 - ?
9-10 - ?
etc.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
For no good reason, here is the epic D&D "Random Harlot Table."

random_harlot_table.jpg

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
This is fun. I remember our fumble chart with my group in high school (and a few others during college)...or the gist of it. No fun those 1's.

It is entirely possible this came from some old source (I see a list from Dragon being mentioned a few times) but I don't know if it did.

Also, this not exact (it was , but you'll get the idea.

1- Double Fumble- In an incomprehensible series of never before seen mishaps, you behead yourself.
2- Dismemberment: left leg, from hip
3- Dismemberment: right leg, from hip
4- Weapon dropped: in reach, attack next round
5- Weapon dropped: out of reach, spend next round retrieving weapon
6- Dismemberment: left arm, from shoulder
7- Dismemberment: right arm, from shoulder
8- Weapon dropped: in reach, roll/take normal damage
9- Weapon dropped: out of reach, roll/take normal damage
10- Weapon dropped: out of reach, take normal damage, weapon broken
11- Dismemeberment: right leg, from knee
12- Dismemeberment: left leg, from knee
13- Weapon dropped: out of reach, roll damage (with bonuses) on nearest ally
14- Weapon dropped: out of reach, roll damage on adjacent enemy
15- Dismemberment: right arm, from elbow
16- Dismemberment: left arm, from elbow
17- Weapon broken. No one takes damage, but weapon is useless.
18- Hit ally, roll full damage (incl. all bonuses). Weapon is not dropped.
19- Hit yourself, roll full damage...and double it (effectively a nat. 20 on yourself)
20- Natural 20! Cancels out the Fumble. Attack as normal next round.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I'd advise against a chart which kicks in every time someone rolls a 1 - it punishes those characters who are skilled enough to make multiple attack rolls.

In my games a character can only fumble once per combat round regardless of the number of attacks made. Keeps it fair. I wouldn't even use them but my players like having the fun aspect of it.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
To the OP. Random fumble chart is the accepted terminology for what you are looking for. An epic fail chart would be something like a chart of WotC's questionable decisions in the past 4 years with the magnitude of each decision's epic fail being a number between 1 and 10.

Remove ads