• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EPIC M&M: Issue 1 (IC)

Calinon

First Post
Titan opens an eye as Loki talks to him. "Yes, amigo, I remember you. Merlin will be fine; he always is. As for the trouble, when Kodiak's called Thunder about the attack in Liverpool. I was close to the Mag-Lev so he sent me to check on you all. And while I'd like to claim I eat right and excersise hard to get so strong, the fact is, I'm an alien from a far away galaxy who is plotting to take over the world."

He says it so deadpan and seriously that you and several others stare blankly at him, mouths agape.

Vincent, Raisa and Johan make their sense motive checks.

"Aye carumba! It was a joke!"

Sanchez turns the TV channel to sports and a recap of today's soccer games. "What a load of crap that news broadcast was," she says. "Those robots were nothing, certainly not to EPIC, but the mutants with them sure were. Kodiak said at least four mutants were in Liverpool and they were well prepared."

Sanchez nods at John's and Michelle's comments. "He's right, you know. Besides, and I hate to burst your bubble, you aren't a hero. None of you are, but you could be. And you better develop a thicker skin than you seem to have if you want to be one. Ask Titan," she says, as she examines the back piece of Anna's battlesuit. The two start talking quite excitedly about it in fact. "Damn, bet those hurt like a sonufabitch," she says to Kevin, pointing at the hooks. "Ever think of just using rubber sensors?" she asks Anna.

Titan grins and sits up. "I'm sure you all remember this one. 'Titan destroys cruise ship! Menaces coastline!' Or, 'Titan causes space station to explode! Astronauts barely escape!' I was paying for those for months," he finishes with a laugh.

In fact, you all do remember the bad press of about three years ago (except X12) involving both situations. You also recall how the press charges were completely revealed as incorrect months later.

Sanchez reaches over and grabs X12's wrist, pulling him forward over the table a bit and looking at the bracelet. "Contained power cell, interlocking chains appear titanium and what's this?" She snaps the clasp shut and the bracelet shrinks a bit. "Oooo, clever! Did you make this? What's it do?" Unlike what you would expect from one of the most intelligent people on the planet, she seems completely personable.

Thunder has just hung up the phone and is talking to the doctor that treated you. There has to be a family connection between them.

The other students mill about chatting. Carl is sleeping in a chair, head on a table, a few feet from X12. Dara is still running around with Titan's cape and has a number of the female students around her, all giggling and looking at Titan. Rebound is playing a video game. Cosmo and Jackal are sitting well apart from everyone, talking privately. Jackal is very pale. In fact, you don't recall him getting treated come to think of it.

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
Sanchez reaches over and grabs X12's wrist, pulling him forward over the table a bit and looking at the bracelet. "Contained power cell, interlocking chains appear titanium and what's this?" She snaps the clasp shut and the bracelet shrinks a bit. "Oooo, clever! Did you make this? What's it do?" Unlike what you would expect from one of the most intelligent people on the planet, she seems completely personable.

"Those things neutralized our powers, or most of us anyways. They suckered us into wearing them by saying that they were Mag-lev passes that we could use for a whole year. That's how they got the drop on us." Michelle pipes up as she continues to eat her donut.

Calinon

First Post
"Really?" Sanchez says, flipping over the bracelet. "Clever fellows then, hmm? Oh hey, this is what the Mag-Lev pass looks like," she says, pulling out a similar, red colored, bracelet from her vest pocket. "You know, for reference. Hey, gimme that a sec," she says and something pokes X12 in the palm, giving him a mild electrical jolt and making his fingers flinch.

Before he can complain much, she has the back of the bracelet open and has pried out a batter and a few other tiny pieces of electronics. Anna is leaning forward in her wheelchair checking it out too. "Wow, expensive," says Sanchez.

"That looks like new-age fibre optic wire," says Anna. "Wow, I never could afford that."

"Me neither, but look at that. Some sort of detection thingy? Or maybe a tracking node?"

"Naw, detection, look where the..."

The conversation breaks down into the technical nature of the device rapidly.

Anyone with knowledge electronics or something similar, or a related craft skill, can get the gist of what's going on in the conversation.

Deva

First Post
In a chair off to the side, Raisa examines the remains of her jacket and clothes she had been wearing earlier. The jacket is salvagable, maybe, the rest is definately something to be thrown away. She looks at the sleave of the sweater she is wearing, at the blood stain that is now beginning to dry. "Free or not, this trip has been killer on my wardrobe," She mutters, going through her backpack for her wallet. She opens it and frowns at the money she has. Thirty bucks, I'll be lucky if I can get a shirt for that. Should have stayed home and gotten a job like everyone else instead of flying off the first chance I got. She sighs, stuffing the wallet back into her backpack. Guess I'll have to call Mama and see what she can do.

Elementor

First Post
Mimic said:
Once in the waiting room, Michelle will send off a quick email to let her family know that she is ok and will contact them later and fill them in on the details. Once that is done she will go to the Krispy Cream and buy a box of assorted donuts.

Michelle walks up to Vincent and offers him a donut. "Like I said in the restaraunt, it's their problem not yours, you should just ignore them." Whether or not he takes the donut she will place the box on a table take one and let everyone know they are there if they want them.

"Thanks Michelle that is really cool of you." Vince grabs a donut and smiles. "Yeah, I just have to be me and let the chips fall where they may."

Calinon said:
Titan grins and sits up. "I'm sure you all remember this one. 'Titan destroys cruise ship! Menaces coastline!' Or, 'Titan causes space station to explode! Astronauts barely escape!' I was paying for those for months," he finishes with a laugh.

Vince's mood seems to have turned 180 degrees and chuckles as well. "Yeah, I suppose you turned out not too bad. I guess folks were just a bit more tolerant of my appearance back home is all. I'll try to not let it bother me."

Mule

First Post
Elementor said:
"I am NOT the bad guy!"

Randal turns around, obviously angry. "Then why'd you leave me there by myself in the front of the Mag-Lev?!? While the rest of us were being shot, you zoomed off on your own, leaving us behind!"

OOC: From where he was, Randall couldn't see Speed Demon invite the giant ABC robot to the party, so he'll leave that part out.

"I though you were a friend!"

Elementor

First Post
Mule said:
Randal turns around, obviously angry. "Then why'd you leave me there by myself in the front of the Mag-Lev?!? While the rest of us were being shot, you zoomed off on your own, leaving us behind!"

OOC: From where he was, Randall couldn't see Speed Demon invite the giant ABC robot to the party, so he'll leave that part out.

"I though you were a friend!"

"Thats simple. Do you remember how the whole mess got started? The steward and stewardess gave us those," he says as he motions towards the wristband being picked over. "It was bad enough that they drew weapons on us but when I saw them shoot that reporter and try to run away, I figured I was the only one with a chance to catch them. I didnt expect that insano monster robot getting in my way though."

Vince looks down at his feet and seems to look a bit sad as he continues, "Dude, I wish I could heal folks like X can. Then I could have been way more helpful with the injured. But I can't. I can move fast, hit hard and dodge stuff pretty good. I guess I was just trying to play to my strengths and be as useful as I could. The way it turned out though I guess I should have just stayed behind anyways. Back home I was superheroing alone, I guess I have to get used to being more a part of a team. Sorry guys...."

Deva

First Post
"Meu deus, will you leave the guy alone?!" Having heard enough, Raisa gets up from her chair and scowls at Randal with her arms crossed over her chest.(ooc: intimidation 11) "See, here's the sinch. I've been shot numerous times, ruined some of my favorite clothes, have sworn I was going to die, and now I'm a little cranky. Now what was suppose to have been the start of the greatest opportunity of my life is turning into the day from hell. And from what I'm gathering here, so have the rest of you. So do me a favour, quit your whining and accept the fact that if you're going to blame someone for this, blame MERC since they're the one's that decided we were easy targets because we're a bunch of kids. Vince did what he thought he had do, just like the rest of us. Now if you have a problem with what he did, you're going to have to take it up with me. We clear?"

Last edited:

Mule

First Post
Elementor said:
I guess I was just trying to play to my strengths and be as useful as I could. The way it turned out though I guess I should have just stayed behind anyways. Back home I was superheroing alone, I guess I have to get used to being more a part of a team. Sorry guys...."

"Sorry doesn't cut it, we could have been killed! Your strengths should include helping your friends!" It's obvious that the stress and violence of the last few hours are catching up with Loki. He is starting to come apart a little. To hide this, he stomps out of the waiting room, heading nowhere in particular.

Remove ads