• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EPIC M&M: Issue 1 (IC)

Mordane76

First Post
"Yeah, take it away from the guy it might actually help," X12 mumbles with a bit of a hurt tone. He gets up from the table as the conversation over the bracelet's intricacies starts, and heads to sit somewhere by himself, especially as the other students begin to argue.

Elementor said:
"Dude, I wish I could heal folks like X can. Then I could have been way more helpful with the injured. But I can't. I can move fast, hit hard and dodge stuff pretty good. I guess I was just trying to play to my strengths and be as useful as I could. The way it turned out though I guess I should have just stayed behind anyways. Back home I was superheroing alone, I guess I have to get used to being more a part of a team. Sorry guys...."

At this, X12 gets up and stalks back into the fray. "You don't want this... I don't want this," X12 says to Vince. "I don't do this because I want to, or because I feel some sort of greater good is served -- I do this because I have to, because everytime I see someone down in their own blood, I have to; it's all I'm good for. I spill my own blood for them, so they can get better; it breaks my arm, so theirs can heal. It knocks me out, so they can wake up. Every time I watch one of these 'heroes' pummel someone into a pulp, I pray it was me doing it -- so that someone else would have to heal those wounds, and I could just lay back let my damage go without concern. I can't touch people, because I have to worry they have some disease they don't even know about that I might heal... and catch until my body rids me of it... or worse -- some injury or plague my body can't heal. Stick to the speed, Vince -- you don't want this. I'd trade you anyday for what you have, just so I could shake hands with someone and not worry about it." He then turns and leaves the waiting room, heading for the front doors and some fresh air.

Last edited:

buzzard

First Post
"Umm, well, so who yinz guys thinks gonna win the Superbowl this year? I always root NAFC myself out of a misguided sense of loyalty, even though my Stillers are bums this year." Mutters John desperately trying to drag the subject to something more pleasant.

buzzard

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
A hugely loud whistle grabs everyone's attention. Jackal noticably winces. Sanchez stands up, looking none to impressed. Titan is chuckling in his seat. The first person she turns to is Raisa, speaking angrily and rapidly in Portuguese.

"Se pensa durante um momento que que aquele tipo de conduta é aceitável, Raisa da Cruz, você doloridamente são equivocados!" Sanchez shouts loudly, freezing everyone in their tracks, including those planning on leaving.

Translation: If you think for a moment that that sort of conduct is acceptable, Raisa da Cruz, you are sorely mistaken.

"You concern yourself with clothing when X12 has not even a shirt, and worry of injuries that are not of any concern to someone with your powers. Vincent may have made a poor choice, he may have made the right one; it is of no concern now, and Randall being upset over it is no excuse to threaten to use violence on anyone.

"And you, Mr. McPhee, should hold your tongue. Have you been regularly put in combat situations so that you know exactly the right thing to do every time? Did you try to disarm the soldier shooting those around you, or did you do what your instincts told you and got away while those about you were shot, I wonder.

"You are all fortunate to even be alive. Many around the world today are not so fortunate. Many of the students who did not accept the invitation here, and many of those not invited, lie injured or dead in hospitals about the globe. Many powerful mutants lie in the same conditions, including two of our own. And while they lay in hospital, Thunder is contacting your families to make sure they are alright and let them know you all are fine. To think that you would bicker and argue when so much has been lost it is... it is obsceno!"

She pauses a few minutes, face bright red from her outburst, taking several slow breaths. "You," she says, pointing at X12, unable to remember his name at the moment. "Sit back down. I did not steal something that can even help you. It's power supply is expended. I may be able to fix it, but blocking all your powers is not going to be all that useful unless I can figure out a way that you can disable the sensor," she says as X12 returns and she points at several wires inside the device, "that tells the computer chip it should be working. And until I can find a proper energy source, it would be a very short term thing, like an hour. This connection and this one," she continues, back into her gadgets, beginning a dissertation of the bracelet that will likely be a while. While X12 doesn't get what she's saying, the fact that she can fix it rings clearly in his mind and makes him pay rapt attention.

Thunder and the doctor walk into the room a few minutes later to the still stunned silence and Sanchez explaining the problems of the bracelet to a baffled looking X12. He looks at Titan, who is still trying not to laugh out loud.

"She blow up yet?"

"Forty-seven minutes and thirty six seconds!" Titan exclaims and breaks into laughter.

"Damnit," Thunder mutters, pulling out a twenty dollar bill and handing it over to Titan. "How do you always know."

"I hate you both," Sanchez says in a brief pause of her dissertation before continuing as if she hadn't left off.

Carl finally breaks the silence of the students, answering John. "Niners all the way, from wildcard to superbowl."

OMG! Shirt! Dara shouts, echoing in everyone's minds. She dashes over to her duffelbag and pulls out the shirt she'd been working on and goes over to the table. She practically starts dressing X12 completely unconcerned about his powers activating, which is somewhat unnerving to X12. "Sorry! I forgot about the shirt with all the shooting and ... and blood," she adds quietly. She puts a shining red sleevless shirt on X12, made of 100% silk. It's shoulders flair out, and wrapping around the shirt is the threaded image of a golden chinese dragon. It has a closing flap that wraps to the right side, where buttons fasten it closed. It looks simply amazing and is unmistakably (to those that follow fashion) a work of world famous Chen International Designs studio.

OOC: Think of the shirt stalone wore to Taco Bell in the Demolition Man, only fancier.

Sanchez pauses her dissertation while Dara dresses X12. "Nice shirt. Hey, isn't that Titan's cape?"

"My cape," Dara says kind of surprisingly shyly, pulling it up around her mouth and nose and running off before anyone tries to take her cape.

Mordane76

First Post
X12 bows deeply in appreciation to Ms. Chen (OOC: Diplomacy). "Your labor and concern is greatly appreciated. I am honored by your gift, and hope to return your kindness," he says.

X12 listens carefully to Sanchez, and when she takes a moment to breathe(after her dissertation), he politely interjects, "I find all this very fascinating, but my area is biology... You lost me at, 'bypassing the transceiver microcircuitry....' I think you're trying to tell me you might be able to make this device work again, and for longer periods of time -- if that's what you're saying, I'm all for it."

Deva

First Post
Managing to contain the temper rising inside her, Raisa shoulders her pack and walks calmly over to where Sanchez is standing. Looking down at the older woman she speaks softly in Portuguese, but her anger is apparent in her gritted teeth and clenched fists. "Vincent was getting bashed by the media, he didn't need it from these guys. I was just trying to get them to leave him alone, like I would have done for anyone else. And you know what, I get the rest. I'm alive, other's aren't so fortunate. Now we may be half your age, but that still doesn't give you the right to speak to us like we're a bunch of deviants for dealing with a screwed up situation in our own ways.

Oh, and for the record, I've never been shot at before. For all I knew I could have been killed as easily as it would have anyone else.

Now if you'll excuse me, I better get some air before I put my fist through the wall."

She heads for the exit, turning around and pausing to smirk at Sanchez, speaking in English now. " And, a suggestion if I may? If you took a little more pride in your appearance instead of burrying your head in Krispy Cremes and gadgets, you might actual get laid and relieve some of that pent up frustration. " Raisa walks out of the sitting area.

Mule

First Post
Calinon said:
"And you, Mr. McPhee, should hold your tongue. Have you been regularly put in combat situations so that you know exactly the right thing to do every time? Did you try to disarm the soldier shooting those around you, or did you do what your instincts told you and got away while those about you were shot, I wonder.

Red-faced, Randall immediately takes the nearest seat. He catches the doughnut that Vince tosses at him, but just toys with it, not eating. He is avoiding eye-contact with everybody.

OOC: Teenagers...

Elementor

First Post
Deva said:
Managing to contain the temper rising inside her, Raisa shoulders her pack and walks calmly over to where Sanchez is standing. Looking down at the older woman she speaks softly in Portuguese, but her anger is apparent in her gritted teeth and clenched fists. "Vincent was getting bashed by the media, he didn't need it from these guys. I was just trying to get them to leave him alone, like I would have done for anyone else. And you know what, I get the rest. I'm alive, other's aren't so fortunate. Now we may be half your age, but that still doesn't give you the right to speak to us like we're a bunch of deviants for dealing with a screwed up situation in our own ways.

Oh, and for the record, I've never been shot at before. For all I knew I could have been killed as easily as it would have anyone else.

Now if you'll excuse me, I better get some air before I put my fist through the wall."

She heads for the exit, turning around and pausing to smirk at Sanchez, speaking in English now. " And, a suggestion if I may? If you took a little more pride in your appearance instead of burrying your head in Krispy Cremes and gadgets, you might actual get laid and relieve some of that pent up frustration. " Raisa walks out of the sitting area.

Able to understand the entire conversation (since I speak the language), Vince spews his mouthful of donut all over the place in shock. A quiet "Whoa.." escapes his lips as his eyes bulge...even more than normal.

Agamon

Adventurer
Sanjay sits down at a table with a six-pack of Krispy Kreme donuts (OOC: Not sure if Krispy Creme is a different company than the one I'm familiar with, but this would be the correct spelling of the latter :p) and a large soda, grinning widely, completely oblivious to the arguing and shouting around him. Between mouthfuls of donut, he says, "Super Bowl? Who cares, it's a World Cup year, and India beat Italy in a prelim match last month. I think they can do some damage this year. Being in EPIC, I bet I could score some primo seats to some matches. That would be so cool!" He takes a napkin and tries to clean some sugar from his mouth. "This damn skin is so hard to keep clean...I think I need a buffer," he says, scrunching his lips in an effort to be able to see them.

buzzard

First Post
Agamon said:
Sanjay sits down at a table with a six-pack of Krispy Kreme donuts (OOC: Not sure if Krispy Creme is a different company than the one I'm familiar with, but this would be the correct spelling of the latter :p) and a large soda, grinning widely, completely oblivious to the arguing and shouting around him. Between mouthfuls of donut, he says, "Super Bowl? Who cares, it's a World Cup year, and India beat Italy in a prelim match last month. I think they can do some damage this year. Being in EPIC, I bet I could score some primo seats to some matches. That would be so cool!" He takes a napkin and tries to clean some sugar from his mouth. "This damn skin is so hard to keep clean...I think I need a buffer," he says, scrunching his lips in an effort to be able to see them.

"Well Sanjay, you're in the NAA now, so you better get used to Football. Our football that is. Soccer is all well and good, for a sleep aid that is." Replies John. Turning to Carl, he continues "Though I'm not a big fan of the west coast teams, I think the Chargers got a shot at knocking off the Niners.The Niners have a highly overrated secondary.

buzzard

Last edited:

Remove ads