• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EPIC M&M: Issue 1 (IC)

Elementor

First Post
As he drinks in the surroundings, Vince cant help but wonder to himself, "Wow, so this is my new life. I meet the wife of my hero, I get flamed on TV, and I am now hanging and banging with the EPIC crew. Man, I hope Raisa will be OK back there alone, I totally feel responsible for her getting into trouble since she was just standing up for me. Maybe I can do something for her too."

"Ummm, excuse me? Does this thing have a phone that we can call home with? I know you guys have contacted our parents and all that but the way I looked on the news might have my parents wanting to talk to me."

Calinon

First Post
OOC: Elementor, don't use that dark green, I can't read it unless I highlight it.

"Thunder contacted all your families already. I'm surprised so few of you took advantage of the vid-phones in the sitting area," says Titan. "You'll have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest for that now, but not to worry, amigo's, your folks know you are fine."

The bus rolls out and through the heart of New York. Despite the urge to sleep, the sights and sounds of the mega-city keep you awake, and rather wide-eyed. Eventually, you wind your way out of the city region and into a pleasantly treed area. The street lights, adhering to a no light polution policy, leave the sky amazingly star speckled on this clear night. You turn onto a side road, and a sign on each side of the drive, carved of white marble with inlaid lettering reads, "EPIC Headquarters." About a dozen feet in, a high wrought iron fence extends as far as you can see in either direction. As you clear the trees on each side of the road, you finally get your first in person view of the EPIC facility.

A well lit grounds of neatly trimmed grass extends for a half mile before reaching a semi-circular building. Made of a white stone, it's of remarkably simple design, but asthetically pleasing, with windows on the front. Flags of each nation stand outside, lit from beneath by spotlights. Several flags stand at half-mast; EU, China and Russia. Australia is notably not present.

The bus approaches and turns past the headquarters of EPIC, passing the west side where you see the new institution. A huge and elaborate building stands a half mile away. It is three stories high and every exterior wall is completely made of glass. Stretching off the back of the building which in your mind must be the school, are two small apartment blocks, probably the dormatories. Surrounding the school area, athletic fields, a full track facility and a rather incredible looking sunken stadium are visible. A few hundred yards on the outside of the track area, a giagantic building stands. The EPIC Jet is lowering down towards a long tarmac to the East, near the building.

As the bus pulls up to the front of the school, you see Empath standing outside with several other people you don't recognize. Suddenly, red light floods through the windows as the entire area infront of the school is illuminated by fire! As you watch, a wall of flame appears well above the school, and slowly forms the words "Welcome Home!" As your eyes grow accustomed, you see a young woman flying about below the writing. She's completely wreathed in flame. In fact you don't think she's wearing clothes, not that it would matter with the flames.

"Heh, showoff," quips Sanchez as she comes down the stairs.

"Nova knows how to give a warm welcome," Titan quips. "Welcome to you new home! Now lets get you to your rooms, amigos."

As you exit the bus, you see a truck coming from the tarmac. When it arrives, Raisa, Thunder and Grandmother emerge.

Raisa

After talking with your mother, you join Grandmother and Thunder in the EPIC Jet and fly to the institute. As you debark the plane, you see the bus by the school, and the flames exploding into writing. A nearby truck gives the three of you transport to the rest of the students.

Agamon

Adventurer
Velmont said:
"Warm! Was that suppose to be funny?" ask Kevin.

Sanjay pats Kevin on the back as they exit the bus. "Gotta get up early in the morning to pull the wool over Kev's eyes..." he says.

He removes his sunglasses and looks over the compound with an approving nod. "Sweet! Can't wait to see the pad. Let's go."

Mule

First Post
Loki spends the bus ride lost in thought, re-living the battle aboard the Mag-Lev. What he could have done, what he should have done, all the myriad possibilities spinning through his mind. Sanchez's words echo loudly. "Well that's why I came to the EPIC school, to learn more about my powers." Randall thinks to himself. Randall feels badly about what he said to Vince.

Calinon said:
As you clear the trees on each side of the road, you finally get your first in person view of the EPIC facility.

All these thoughts are driven away as Randall sees the famous EPIC facility. Seen so many times on news broadcasts, it looks somehow different in person; much larger, much more formidable. "Wow! I can't believe this is happening to me. I'm actually here!"

buzzard

First Post
"Well that was pretty impressive. I don't get the glas walls though. Seems kinda odd to me. Well, I'd like to see my room, I'm feeling due for some sack time. " John says as he follows along with the group.

buzzard

Agamon

Adventurer
buzzard said:
"Well that was pretty impressive. I don't get the glas walls though. Seems kinda odd to me. Well, I'd like to see my room, I'm feeling due for some sack time. " John says as he follows along with the group.

Sanjay looks up at the glass building as they walk. "I can think of lots of reasons. To discourage us from coming to class naked. So that no matter what class we're taking, we can sit and stare out a window, wishing we weren't cooped up inside. Because, if we're ever attacked, enemies will focus on the easily destroyed, but unimportant, school. To dissuade us from casting stones. Because it's pretty."

Deva

First Post
Calinon said:
"Actually, why don't you just talk to your mother. I'm sure she could send you some of her hand-made clothing as well. I'm also sure she would rather hear you are safe from your own mouth, rather than mine," Thunder says, leaning against a wall nearby. He stands up revealing the vid-phone on the wall just behind him, and you see your mother on the screen.

A blush rises in her cheeks when she realizes someone else had been listenning to the conversation, and she gets to her feet. At the vid-phone she picks up the reciever, wanting to keep at least part of her talk private. Before the reciever had even touched her ear her mother's stern voice was pounding at her. "...... Mama please....... will you just....... no but....... But Mama!!....... Yes but...... I don't........ Can I please say something?....... Meu deus! Fine!......Obrigado, amo-o demais. Adeus."(Translation: Thank-you, I love you too. Good-bye.)

She hangs up the phone, appearing significantly cowed when she turns back to Grandmother and Thunder. When she speaks her voice is very subdued and more appropriate a girl her age. "So, when do we leave?"

Calinon said:
As you exit the bus, you see a truck coming from the tarmac. When it arrives, Raisa, Thunder and Grandmother emerge.

With her head lowered, and avoiding eye contact with the rest of the students, Raisa silently follows the group into the school.

Remove ads