Epic problem OOC

Nephtys

First Post
I don't think Jemal uses errata.
The domain is more powerful than most, and that's why I picked the weak Magic domain too, but the fact that the character has to be insane balances it quite a bit. An insane character tends to make suboptimal choices, and has difficulties getting any respect. That will make accomplishing his goals very difficult, regardless that he's powerful (but vulnerable) in combat.

Avalon®

First Post
Most likely we'll be using the most recent version which in this case is the Spell Compendium version that loses the insanity score.

Jemal

Adventurer
While it's true I don't use the Errata, I do use Complete's and Spell Compendium.

HOWEVER, I've no problem with Neph using the original version of the Madness Domain. It's what he originally posted to me, and I said OK.

The Rakshassa HD thing seems to have resolved without me, so good for that..

As for the previous question of Beastland Ferocity + Delay Death.. No brokenness I can see...

Beastland Ferocity would give you essentially the same benefit with DelayDeath as having the Diehard feat.

SPEAKING OF WHICH! I just remembered another House Rule that I'll be adding to the first post...

Instead of dying at -10, you die at -CON Score.. so if your constitution is 36, you don't die until -36. IF your con happens to be below 10.. Well, tough luck, I guess. Any effect that mentions the "Dying" state (normally -1 to -9) now reffers instead to this 'extended' dying state.

Jemal

Adventurer
2 For 1!

Allright, I've been doing a fair amount of thinking about this.. 8 characters for one game..
OK, I've made a few slight alterations to my plans and am now using two VERY SIMILAR storylines but I'm splitting this into two games. Both will have the same rules and same starting point, but should diverge plotlines fairly quickly.

Hmm.. I was wondering over a couple different ways to go with a specific portion of the campaign... This also allows me to do that.

The only thing left is figuring out which characters to put into which game.

Shayuri - Silver Dragon
Ivellious - Dragonriding Paladin.
Tailspinner - Half-Dragon (Blue)/Half-Ogre Fighter
Avalon - Old Kobold Wizard
Pallandrom - Evil Blackguard/Archmage (Interplanar Arms Dealer/Info Broker)
Darimaus - Human female Paladin/bard/seeker
Voidrazor - Human Priest (Melee Buffer)
Nephtys - Insane Human Priest
Wrahn - ??

PS...Hero4Hire, sans, whoever else had expressed interest but not submitted a character... You 3 can throw characters in for this now if you want, I'll have two 4-6 person parties in 2 games instead of one game with 8-10.

Wrahn

First Post
I am not sure these fall into the catagory of "uber" buffs, but thought I would propose them.

Strength of Ten Men
+12 Enchancement Bonus to Strength
11 minute casting time, Duration 40 hours, Personal Effect DC 19

Resilience of Iron
+12 Enchancement Bonus to Constitution
11 minute casting time, Duration 40 hours, Personal Effect DC 19

If you want a more formal write up, let me know

Oh, right now I am looking at an advanced Trumpet Archon, so sort of a Cleric/Melee type

Avalon®

First Post
Jemal, is this epic spell okay?

Slow the Passage of Time
Transmutation
Spellcraft DC: 23
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 100 days, 11 minutes
Range: Touch
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
To Develop: 207,000 gp; 5 days; 8,280 XP. Seeds: Fortify (DC 17). Factor: +114 years (+228 DC).
Mitigating: +10min casting time (-20 DC). +100 days casting time (-200 DC). Change target from touch to personal (-2 DC)

This spell adds years to the caster of this spell. When casting this spell, he adds 115 years permanently to his current age category. All higher age categories are also adjusted accordingly.

Jemal

Adventurer
OK... As to Epic Spells, Wrahn yours look fine.
As for Avalon... I don't like Permanent buffs that take forever and a month to cast, b/c that downplays the Mitigating factor and makes it nonexistant... Unless I rule that you JUST finished researching the spell and haven't had a chance to cast it yet, in which case you never will b/c unless you sit out the campaign, you won't get a 4 month non-stop break to cast your spell.

In Short, I don't like spells that will not be cast during gameplay.

As for Party Construction, I've Decided Good party/Evil party..

Shayuri - Silver Dragon w/ Rider
Ivellious - Paladin Riding a Silver Dragon (No known relation to previous character)
Darimaus - Human Paladin/Bard/SeekerOfSong
Wrahn - ??

Tailspinner - Half-Dragon (Blue)/Half-Ogre Fighter
Avalon - Old Kobold Wizard
Pallandrom - Evil Blackguard/Archmage (Interplanar Arms Dealer/Info Broker)

Two Questions:
Voidrazor - Human Priest (Melee Buffer) : Good or Evil?
Nephtys - Insane Human Priest: Which would you fit better with do you think? I'm thinking whichever one VoidRazor ISN'T in, just to keep both sides with a cleric.

Remove ads