• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Equivalent Exchange: Episode 3--Crimson Eternal

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I believe that the lieutenant is back in her office, sir. You could have Private Bradley come get her, if you need to speak with her, or you could leave the books and go to her yourself, if you prefer, sir."

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Oh, alright, well I guess I'll read these for now." Alphonse goes to the reading room and sits down with his books. He opens the one by Majihal and his father, and begins to read. Searching specifically for references about the gate

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The book seems to document, with commentary, a series of correspondences with the elusive Hohenheim Elric, although apparently these are only a few of the many letters the author exchanged with Hohenheim, the rest of which only exist in their original copies at his home. References are made to human transmutation, circles that open a path to some sort of 'gateway', and the legendary lost Eastern Kingdoms, which were said to have been the site of the creation of a Philosopher's Stone, and possibly a location of left-over material that would aid in a transmutation to reach the gateway.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Alphonse looks around for notepaper and a pen, asking the guard for some if he cannot find any, and takes down some notes about the contents of the letters. "I could have found this out at home if we hadn't burned down the house." Al mutters with a sigh. "What we were thinking?..."

After a moment of contemplation over the thoughts of the self he could not remember, Al starts to take a look at the book by Tucker.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No, the letters from Hohenheim are at Majihal's home, though Hohenheim did have letters from Majihal at his home, which Ed mentioned reading in Forger's Love)

*The book by Tucker is a discourse on the creation of a talking chimera, including a plethora of experiments, many of which resulted in failure, an analysis of why they failed, theories, and then finally the results of a successful experiment.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al gets an uncomfortable feeling as he reads the book, but presses on, intrigued by the idea of a talking Chimera. If he cannot find any more details in the current book he'll look for more books about chimeras, especially of the talking variety. He also looks for information on Laboratory Five, and books by or about his father.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Pressing on, Al locates a binder with "Tucker" written on it that has a collection of scribbled writings and sheafs of paper with diagrams and calculations written in a frantic hand. They seem to detail the creation of a second talking chimera, and the calculations clearly indicate the writer's intention to use a little girl and a dog as components.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al is shocked, to be sure, but seeing it written in a journal rather than in person takes the edge iff it at least a bit. "So... So that's what it was. This guy was insane... Maybe- What if- " he continues studying the binder for any more details, before writing down his findings and then moving on to look for reports on Lab five. An idea is forming in his head, that maybe Tucker had something to do with the chimera in lab five as well. Or at least, that it had something to do with his projects.

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Hmm, I had wanted to synch this better, but Elysia and Rose are clearly more ready to proceed, it seems, so I'll just have them go first ;))
Hey, who said we're finished talking, I just didn't have much time to post yesterday. :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads