• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Equivalent Exchange: Episode 3--Crimson Eternal

Rystil Arden

First Post
"No one ever likes the Aliens theory," Scieszka mutters, leading them onward towards the restricted section of the library and unlocking access to the inner vaults, "The truth you seek is here in this library, Alphonse. Good luck! Ask me if you need any assistance in locating a book."

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Thanks." Mutters Al, curtly. He enters and starts his search, looking under "G", "P", "T", and "C", for Gate, Philosipher's Stone, Tucker, and Chimera, respectively.

OOC: It is aphabetized right?

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The books seem to be organised somewhat haphazardly, though it does correspond kind of sort of roughly to an alphabetised system, though some books are stacked up in random places. He doesn't find anything listed under G that seems to talk about the Gate, but he does find treatises on the Philosopher's Stone under P, as well as what seems to be an ordinary old cookbook by a man named Tim Marcoh, which seems kind of silly to put in a restricted section. Under Tucker, there is a published thesis work written by Shao Tucker, the "Sewing Life Alchemist" . There are also some books on chimeras.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al takes the cookbook, thinking he ought to tell Scieszka about the mistake, and also the book by Tucker. He then looks for one last thing, human transmutation. Not that he would ever try such a thing... again... but it seemed like the appearance of the gate was somehow tied to it. If he's going to find anything on the gate, it would probably be in there.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*There are several books on human transmutation, including works on theories of various Alchemists over the years, and even a book written by a name Al remembers--On Human Transmutation, The Collected Letters of Hohenheim Elric collected and published by Majihal.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Alphonse stares at the cover of this book for a while. It has two familiar names on it, that of the alchemist his brother killed, and that of his father. Eventually he decides to take this book as well, and then returns to where Scieszka is waiting.

"Scieszka, it seems like there was some kind of mix up, there's a cook book in here." He says, showing her the book by Tim Marcoh.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As Alphonse attempts to leave the restricted area with the books, the guard in front shakes his head.*

"I'm sorry, sir, but you aren't allowed to take those books out--there's a reading room in there that you can use at your leisure, however."

Raylis

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Hmm, I had wanted to synch this better, but Elysia and Rose are clearly more ready to proceed, it seems, so I'll just have them go first ;))

*Elysia and Rose head towards the Investigations department, but they are stopped before they can enter the compound by a soldier.*

"Halt. Excuse me civilians, but unauthorised personnel are not permitted to enter. It is strictly prohibited."

"We're here to see Lt. Scieszka " Elysia says

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Lieutenant Scieszka? She was discharged from Investigations years ago. She works at the library now. Of course, civilians cannot enter the military library either."

Remove ads