• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Escaping the Labyrinth

Redclaw

First Post
Savlin has no patience for the exchange, Enough foolishness. If we want to survive we should probably be trying to work together. We were actually pretty impressive against whatever that creature in there was. A bit more teamwork and we might have a chance.

He turns to the new arrival. You actually wanted to be captured and thrown in this deathtrap? Are you insane or just stupid with greed? I will bet you regret that choice soon enough, and I will hope that we all live long enough to laugh at you for it.

With that he stalks down the hallway, keeping a close eye on the troll.

Jemal

Adventurer
Rhokkan shoves open the heavy metal door with little effort and strolls down the hallway, the rest following. About 30' in he hears (barely over the whining and arguing of the smelly humans behind him) a click as he steps on something. He sighs and grunts as a barrage of arrows pepper him from the side, thankful they were not flame-tipped. This was obviously going to be a rather annoying dungeon.

Anabelle waits in the rear, and about 30 seconds after they leave the room she hears the grinding of stone and the howls from her summoned pets are quickly cut short.

[sblock=ooc]
Further actions? The tunnel is 10' wide, 12' tall. I need to know how far each of you can see in the dark, any special senses you may have, if any of you are carrying light, and what your walking order is (Figure it out in the OOC thread if you have to), as well as whether or not you'll be spending the time neccesary to search for traps as you're going (for a 10' wide corridor that lowers your movement speed to 5'/2 rounds).

Rhokkan takes Arrow trap CR 6 (5d8+5=26) 26 damage. (Piercing, Nonmagical).

Also Albedo, technically you can't ready actions outside of combat. If you know combat's coming, that's what the surprise round is for (though you'd still need to roll initiative, and your opponents would be able to act in the surprise round if they were equally as aware of the combat as you.)

Just in case anybody is wondering, Xp is being talleyed on my end, and will be given to you when you rest. Though I warn you there are mechanics in place within the dungeon to prevent frequent resting.
[/sblock]

Albedo

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
First, I only used readied actions as a reference to the kind of condition lesser celerity can be used to create, as it has an immediate action casting time.

Second, I've read nothing in the PHB about not being able to ready actions outside of combat, I am a little curious where you got that from.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Darius

Redclaw said:
Savlin has no patience for the exchange, Enough foolishness. If we want to survive we should probably be trying to work together. We were actually pretty impressive against whatever that creature in there was. A bit more teamwork and we might have a chance.
"I'm ready for any teamwork. But to be really effective I have to immunize you all against my powers. If you don't want this, I cannot guaranty that you will be unhurt."

Redclaw said:
He turns to the new arrival. You actually wanted to be captured and thrown in this deathtrap? Are you insane or just stupid with greed? I will bet you regret that choice soon enough, and I will hope that we all live long enough to laugh at you for it.
"Hey, I heard about this from someone who survived. And I'm more greedy than insane, by the way. You don't know what kind of information I seek, so be not so fast to judge me. And you still don't know if the ragdoll is hear by himself. Do you want to laugh about him or do we all want act like a team?"

renau1g

First Post
Sighing as he pulled the arrows out of his flesh, the wounds they caused already healing over and within a minute it's impossible to determine where they struck.

Stopping and turning around Rhokkan lets the chain-wielder go so the human can look him over. "Well, I guess this is a better place to stop for a moment. We gotta work together like youse said. What's each of you good at? I'm good at one thing, fightin'. I'll cut anything down that stands before me."

Walking Dad

First Post
Darius

"I can see things invisible to the naked eye, like this flying halfling. And I can identify magic items, fly have a deadly energy breath and other things. And I can make you immune against my breath. I have some healing stuff, too." Darius answers the troll.

"What about you? Can you stand up or do you need another charge?" he asks the aasimar.

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
renau1g said:
Stopping and turning around Rhokkan lets the chain-wielder go so the human can look him over. "Well, I guess this is a better place to stop for a moment. We gotta work together like youse said. What's each of you good at? I'm good at one thing, fightin'. I'll cut anything down that stands before me."
Then we shall work well together. I, too, am good at fighting, although I tend to stand still less while doing it. So, you keep them stationary and I'll jump in from the other side and leave them confused.

I am also able to discover footprints and other signs of passage, which might allow us to know a little about what we face before we face it, or to track something that runs from us.

kinem

Adventurer
"You've seen ... so to speak ... most of what I do" Carl says. "I blast monsters away and can scout while invisible. I'm also pretty good at using magic items. My main power though, is my charming personality. Especially if we come across any halfling ladies."

[sblock=ooc]Carl prefers to stay in the 2nd rank, behind the troll, and on the left side of the corridor. He is flying a few feet up.

He has darkvision 60' and see invisible.[/sblock]

Ruined

Explorer
Takk struggles to his feet, using a wall for support.

"I can stand, thanks to you," nodding to the man with the wand. "I am greatly weakened, but I can keep up. As to the wand, if you can spare another charge I would be grateful, but I understand that you have no cause to trust me."

Coiling the chain in his hands, he looks at the individual around him. Dark hearts, mercenary goals. And yet they had pulled him from the room, saving him from a certain death.

"When I'm not playing the 'rag doll'," he manages the briefest of smiles, "I'm a capable combatant. But I guess we'll see."

Walking Dad

First Post
Darius

"Sure I will help you, if you promise me to help me in return. To survive this." Darius says to the aasimar with a winning smile.

Remove ads