• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eschaton OOC

Arabesu

Avalon,

I just wanted to point out that Wotc has all of the Bo9s powers online with full text descriptions (the maneuver card web enhancement), along with the full warblade class:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20061225a
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802a&page=2

Just in case you find that you need to post without your Bo9s book. At my tabletop game, I find the maneuver cards very useful for keeping track of maneuvers used; I tap them like cards in Magic the Gathering.

Voidrazor

First Post
Vertexx69 - Beast Claws are already at a discount compared to an Amulet of Mighty Fists, so I'm not inclined to 'pro-rate' them for six. I agree that they should be considered as +2 weapons affecting 2 arms per pair. Just use the normal progression chart per pair for raising the bonus above that (+3's would be 19,610, +4's would be 33,610 etc).

Standard enhancements from MIC and Vest of Bloodwind are fine. Luminous skin is free.

I understand your frustration at the slow pace of the game. Admittedly its more a matter of multiple distractions than absolute lack of time that's causing my slowness. But most updates take me considerably longer than 5 minutes. There's a lot of stuff to track through, hence the last one going less than smoothly. I do have an idea that will help some (more on this below). But I can't guarantee that things will speed up that much. I will try to do better about not holding people up with things that can be answered quickly.

Shak'ralzius' background is great, although "proximity to the galactic core" should be replaced with "orbital path within IAO's trinary system". Since Serraphina is unlikely to die permanently, and you're unhappy with the pace of the game, I'm considering letting you play both characters. This would require the OK of the other players, as I wouldn't be able to keep up with things if I let everyone play two characters with entourages. Also you'd have to RP the characters not getting along with each other particularly well.

Avalon® - I had Karnak use Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip. The ooze critter is in a 'U' shape around the girl, flush with the ceiling on K.'s side and 5' short of it on the other side.

Arabesu - Eek! I just made one roll for incorporeality rather than three. Sorry about that. If you don't mind too much I'd like to just move forward. I'll have her stabilize and avoid targetting her the rest of the fight. But if you really want to go back we can. Just keep in mind, that there's something nasty that I forgot to have the opponents do as well.

It's totally fine to post out of order. Telegraphing to the other PC's what you are planning to do makes sense IC, since everyone can communicate instantaneously over the psi-web. After this combat, I might consider getting rid of regular initiatve.

Everyone - Could everyone please add a section to their characters that includes all special defenses (from race, class, magic items, etc.) in one place, as well as a breakdown of AC and saves. Thanks.

Vertexx69

First Post
I wasn't asking for a pro-rate on the item, but since any given character only has a single Magic item slot for "set of gloves/gauntlets" I broke down the cost for "a single set of 6" meaning the basic beast claws item would cost 14,830 instead of 9,610 at the standard book enhancement of +1 (with the extra +1 claw bonus). It costs an extra 1305 per extra claw. and the custom enhancment cost chart I mentioned was in case you wanted to charge me more than standard :) for the weird item.

So is the Eschaton not a separate galaxy but just a chunk of one? I was using the milky way as a frame of reference and how the closer you get the center of the "pinwheel" the brighter it gets due to the higher consentration of stars. The center of which is commonly known as a galactic core :cool:

And I in no way was trying to cast dispersions at our illustrious DM, as we are enjoying this game but by the grace of the Game Operations Director. I was just venting as to the fact that I visit the site several times a day and have been noticing that we all are visiting the site often as well, but hardly any posting is done here. And that the average "player" post "in combat" shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes.

On another topic I was wondering about your stand on "unarmed attack vs natural attacks" whether you consider them separate or the same thing? As its recently been brought to my attention that I'm a moron for trying to make any logical conclusions about anything in the WotC universe. By my "silly" logic a creature with a 1d8 dmg claw attack that becomes a monk would not all of a sudden start dealing 1d6 dmg unarmed strikes because he attained more training, but where any of the standard "Humanoid" races in the PHB start at 1d3 Sdmg with their "Natural weapons, a.k.a. fists" and be raised 2 steps to 1d6, my subject would start at 1d8 and move up from there. So a first lvl feral human monk would do 2d6 (2 steps higher along the monk dmg progression chart). This isn't covered anywhere in the srd or in any of the other books I have available to me. I bring all of this up because of the feat "Superior Unarmed Strike" that increases unarmed dmg as HD increase. I was wondering if it would raise claw dmg x steps (+5 steps at 16+ HD) or add its 2d6 to my claw attacks or not work with claw attacks at all.

As far as playing 2 epics at the same time, I don't know if I'd enjoy it as much. A big part of roleplaying to me, is emersing yourself in a character (as opposed to just rolling dice). I have played 2 chracters in the same (tabletop) game before, but took so much time to just get through all the game mechanics that the personallities of both characters suffered. So maybe in the PbP world it would be doable, so if everyone else is cool with it, I wouldn't mind trying again.[sblock=Poor Serraphina]I made Serraphina when I only had a rudamentary understanding of 3.5, and no real concept of an epic game within these rules (as is painfully evident by the build I came up with). And while she is fun to play around with, she just isn't set up to do anything really well outside of talking (without any rolls). While I'd like to think that I'm a fairly creative writer and relatively clever person when it comes to tactics. When it comes down to the "roll playing" side of the game, she will never be competitive (except in AC ;p). She could go back to Trans' Akul and live her life (unless she gets melted into a pool of acidic leftovers in the current encounter), maybe popping in for a chat with the PCs every once in a while, but any kind even moderately difficult encounter and she's toast.[/sblock]

Would the 3.0 version of skin of the hero be ok for +3 luck bonus to attack/AC/Saves, (the 3.5 version is lame as it uses enh/defl/res) I'll pay the 3.5 price 77.5k vs 63k.

And I found a conversion program for gold to wealth DC here You just enter the money amount at the top until you get the range for a specific wealth DC. For example the feat implant we were discussing with a DC of 26 falls in the range of 36-40k.

Last edited:

Arabesu

Eek! I just made one roll for incorporeality rather than three. Sorry about that.

No worries.

I mainly brought her over for the aura and her one prepared Heal spell for Serraphina. It sounds like the former is out of commission for whatever reason (our first clue in this mystery?) and the latter may not be important since Vertexx69 is keen to play his new character.

Arabesu

Everyone - Could everyone please add a section to their characters that includes all special defenses (from race, class, magic items, etc.) in one place, as well as a breakdown of AC and saves. Thanks.

I have a section similar to what you are asking for about a 1/3 of the way down on my sheet, but I'm unclear if it is as detailed as you want. The one thing I'm noticing about playing a melee-mage with many buffing spells is that all of those crunchy bits are highly dynamic depending upon what is going on from round to round. I also tried to help by only having one preferred polymorph form, i.e. the best one I could come up with. :D

Is it enough? Do you want it all the way to the top? I normally lead with narrative and descriptivie text, but will rearrange if you want.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads