• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eschaton OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Arr, that's what I was kind of hoping too...though I'm kicking myself for not putting it on my sheet, and then forgetting about it when we had a hiatus. :)

Voidrazor

First Post
Vertexx69 - going way back he re: the beast claws, they don't take up slots since they are considered weapons rather than wonderous items. Technically you could even wear gloves under them. So again, sorry no set discount.

The Eschaton is spread out through most of the milky way in this dimension with scattered holdings in other galaxies as well. But in the long term I think the campaign will work better if all the Citizen PC's are in the same solar system.

What book is Superior unarmed strike from? In general I wouldn't rule that the monk's damage increase stacks with natural weapons. But I would allow feats that are meant for one to apply to the other.

I really don't see Serraphina as underpowered compared to the other characters. In addition to her stellar AC, she has the best saves other than Tyrroth, and Str 40 witha 20' reach is serious battlefield control.

You can get a luck bonus version of Skin of the hero. But it will cost 128,250. And thanks for finding the wealth to DC table. I'll still need to review items on a case by case basis, but that's a helpful default.

Arabesu - Your special qualities to be aware of section is good and the placement is fine. Could you also include a breakdown of saves and a similar listing of current special defences for Cyclone and Eleven when she recovers? thanks.

Avalon® - I haven't gone through Binder abilities in much detail. But I'll say 19th level unless I come across info that changes things dramatically. They seem a little more versatile than warlocks but not as badass as full casters.

Shayuri - Confirmed. Sigil's new powers are inherent.

All - did I miss anything? I'll update the combat tomorrow probably.

Shayuri

First Post
Eee...keen. I shall write Kaydia a nice thankyou note. :)

Question! The ability to cast 3rd level enchantment/illusions. Is that considered normal spellcasting, spell-like abilities, or supernatural abilities?

Arabesu

Voidrazor said:
Arabesu - Your special qualities to be aware of section is good and the placement is fine. Could you also include a breakdown of saves and a similar listing of current special defences for Cyclone and Eleven when she recovers? thanks.

Done! and done! The combat stats for cyclone/eleven are in the followers section as sblocks.

Breaking down Tyrroth's saves turned out to be a useful exercise because they were off by one; either I forgot the luck stone (luck) or the iouon stone (competence) bonuses.

So he has even better saves now: e.g. +30 will save when combat focused! :D

Vertexx69

First Post
Voidrazor said:
Vertexx69 - going way back he re: the beast claws, they don't take up slots since they are considered weapons rather than wonderous items. Technically you could even wear gloves under them. So again, sorry no set discount.
Ok then, they count as weapons, but you don't do spiked gauntlet dmg, you do claw dmg +1d6+2. Do the bonuses count toward all claw attacks made (ie: his 6 claws + 2 rakes) like an enhancement bonus to claw attacks? Or do I need to make some sort of custom item?

Vertexx69

First Post
Where ya been void? tomorrow turned into a week there. On another topic I have no intention of suiciding Serraphina or anything like that. The thri kreen is really meant to be an alternate just in case she dies :)

Avalon®

First Post
Arabesu,

Karnak will be fine and be back to full health given enough time. He has Fast Healing 2 from a graft.

Voidrazor,

There's something that has been bugging me since this game started. Am I supposed to just ignore the negative effect of my glimmerskin follower (the part with his energy touch exploding)?

Also, can anyone of the others have a spare set of daggers or can make some? Karnak is pretty much useless without them.

Arabesu

Ah, I had forgotten about Karnak's fast healing. I also wasn't sure if there was a duration. Tyrroth has fast healing 4 in combat where he strikes an opponent and obtains combat focus (best feat out of PHB II in my opinion), but only for 13 rounds. Since he is undamaged, its probably a moot point unless Void brings the heat right away again.

Karnak can borrow Tyrroth's dagger, but he only has the one and its his only weapon: dagger +1, returning. He keeps it around more for flavor than anything else since he relies on fists or ranged spells so its perfectly okay to borrow it. But if you can get a second dagger, you should be set. I don't think Shayuri would want to give up Sigil's fencing dagger, but that is the only other one in the party I guess. If you are totally at a loss for attacks, Tyrroth can polymorph you into a War Troll if we hit an encounter soon, but he will save the spell for himself if we hang out for a bit.

Remove ads