• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Luinnar

First Post
Never fear, patrons of yon tavern! Draglin may be leaving you, but soon he shall return!

Get ready foul villains! Thine days are numbered! he says parading out of the tavern door.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Virgil suddenly notices Max and gallops clumsily after the warlord. Dante stops in mid-sentence, shrugs, then jogs after the devil lizard.

dimsdale

First Post
Skalisss approaches the table with confidence.

"Lady, I am Skalisss, I would hear of Lord Weinfurter'sss needsss".

A a warm hearted smile appears on the woman's half hidded face along with a sigh of relief. Thank you Skalisss. One with your skills most likely will be needed in order to help me.

She then begins to pull the hood of her cloak off her head. The protector behind her becomes alarmed. My lady! Are you sure you want to do that in a place like this!?

The women replies. Yes, I believe that it is rude not to speak with those I interact with face-to-face, especially to those who answer my call for help. She pulls the hood off her head revealing a most beautiful face, so much so that patrons pause to gaze at her. Skalisss, I am Lady Chelsea, wife of the honorable and nobel Lord Weinfurter. I see that your glass is almost empty, let me refill it for you and then I'll tell you why I need your help. Not waiting for the dragonborn's reply she snaps her fingers and a waitress is there at once to refill skalisss's cup.

[sblock=Recruiting for Adventure]
Adventure: The Mark of Trogdor. Level 5-7

1. Skalisss: Lvl 7 Dragonborn Paladin (Jryoung) Defender

[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Recruiting for Adventure: The Mark of Trogdor:

Level 5-7

2. Raijin: Lvl 6 Genasi Dragon Magic Sorcerer (Johnmeier1) Striker

"I would be interested in helping. I can only hope I can get it if I need it, like you do. Good people here." speaks small wilden girl as she approaches.
"I am Nementah, healer of my tribe. I offer you our help."

OOC: Nementah, protector shaman wilden 6th level

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Rocco needs leveling (actually, just wiki update, I can send you CB file immediately)

"Hey, lass, haven't you had enough trouble in our last adventure?! And you already want another? We didn't even empty a barrel of wine. Bah! I'm coming with you, somebody needs to protect that horsy of yours."

OOC: this is of course just RP, [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], feel free to disregard Rocco if you have enough since he's my third active (Illarion just left and I have another in an adventure (that will be finished in a week or ten))

FourMonos

First Post
The door opens again as two locals enter the Tavern, chatting about how the local weather impacted the crops on the south side of the island.

A shadow slips behind the two as the door closes, pausing just inside. After a moment, a young human disengages from the shadows and moves forward to the bar. There isn't a lot remarkable about the man, given the establishent in question. He is normal height and build, his face weathered as if he spent a lot of time outdoors. He wears dark leather armor. A longsword hands at his left hip, a greatbow across his back.

The man speaks quietly to the barkeeper.

The barkeep then tells the man, that "Yes, all people must be pronounced when they come in. This is Quan. He is good with a bow and looking for work. Alright then lad, was that so bad. Go talk to the little lady over there, she is looking for help."

The man makes his way over to the Lady and bodyguard.

"Greetings, my name is Quan. I understand you are in need of help. I came to offer my services."

[sblock=new character] http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Leopold_Quantico_Thatcher_(FourMonos) is replacing Renquist. Level 6 human hunter (controller) if you will have him dimsdale. Still finishing his wiki page, but it will be done soon.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Lady Chelsea emerald eyes fix their gaze for a moment on each member sitting before her, then she speaks.

For those who just arrived, I am Lady Chelsea, wife of Lord Wienfurter, an honorable noble of Daunton. Two weeks again my husband and I discovered a strange winged shaped tattoo on the forehead on our daughter Lerrick. Lady Chelsea's s eyes flicker and a warm smiles appears on her face at the mention of her name. What a an beautiful intelligent, free-spirited child she is...The smile vanishes from her face as she continues with her tale. Conerned about our daughter, my husband and I took her to visit a Brother Navio, a trusted friend and a high-ranking priest of the Temple of Lauto. Brother Navio. To hour horror , brother Navio explained to us that the tattoo is the Mark of Trogdor. This tattoo appears on the forehead of a young child a month before the equinox, which at that timethe child is taken against her will and offered as a sacrifice to the dreaded dragon Bosch. Tears now well up in Lady CHelsea's eyes. In other words, Lerric is the chosen one to be sacrificed!

Gathering her composure she continues on.

To our relief, Brother Navio, after much research, discovered that the mark can be vanquished, but it involves an powerful ritual, which few know how to perform it. One of them is Brother Buchta, also a priest of Lauto and a bit of a loner, who he lives in the Valley of the Bone. To access him quickly, there is a portal a days march out of Daunton located in a cave with a hidden entrance. Elated by the news, my husband quickly hired a group of adventurers to fine the cave entrance, access the portal, and send message to brother Buchta about the dire situation. However, four days went buy with no word from anyone. Fearing the worst, my husband has decided to take matters into his own hands. For the last week he has locked himself in his study, only coming out to receive packages that come in the form of huge crates. What is in them or what he's doing with them, I have no idea. When I ask him he only says that he must protect our daughter!

Tears flow freely now and here facial features are now showing one in desperate state. Please talk to my husband. I fear that what he is doing is quite dangerous. I want to tell him that you can offer us help. You will be compensated financially for your efforts. I give you my word. Please follow my now to our estate. She stands and motions them to follow her and her bodyguard.

[sblock=recruitment complete]

Level 5-7

2. Raijin: Lvl 6 Genasi Dragon Magic Sorcerer (Johnmeier1) Striker
3. Quan: Lvl 6 Human Hunter (FourMonos) Controller
4. Rocco Shadowlost: Lvl 6-7 Dwarf Fighter (Neurotic) Defender
5. Nementah: Lvl 6 Wilden Protector Shaman (MetaVoid) Leader

New thread starts shortly: Adv: The Mark of Trogdor. Look for the thread later today
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
"The road beckons again, yes Auntiemab?" he says with a smile. He bows to let the elder human precede him.

"Ooh, yes. I suppose we should be moving along dearie,"
Auntie Mab declares, shuffling hurriedly out the door after noticing that rest the group had already departed while she was freshening up in the loo.

Remove ads