• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

From his hiding place, Randal comes humping into sight " I'll have one too buddy " while trying to avoid the vampire's gaze.

Hearing the squishy thump sound of Randal bouncing toward them, Vyrna cocks one eyebrow upward in confusion. "Just how does he do that? I would think the lack of, well, anything, would keep him from being able to hop..." Undead or not, Vyrna was a little creeped out by the thing plopping along the ground like that.

Ryan picks the undead head up and places it on the table. Then he grabs the drinks from Blagarm and tosses him a coin. " Well Randal, bottoms up ! " and they both pour the contents down their throat with a swig.

At first Randal's screams " IT BURNS... ! " but shortly after he adds " ...worth it every time " and Ryan nods in agreement.

Vyrna holds up a finger, mouth agape, when Randal actually drinks the holy-water augmented drink.

"Shouldn't that have destroyed him, or at the very least, badly damaged him?"

" Blagarm, give these ladies a shot of dragon's blood from me " and sends Vyrna a reassuring smile " Don't worry lass, no foul priest has touched that drink with his finger nor anything else. Where were we? Ahh, yes, you asked me about the Night Serpent and its crew. Hmm... "

Ryan ponders on the name for awhile, he had after all just reached Daunton by ship. " I am sorry lass, never heard of them. They sound like a suspicious bunch though. So, the question is, why does a fair girl like you seek the likes of them? "

"I was crewed with them during my travels. But that ended when Carnivore killed me---*ahem* excuse me, something caught in my throat there. It ended when Carnivore killed mere civilian travelers. I wouldn't stay with a crew capable of such brutality, so I left them. Unfortunately, though, I realized too late that I had left behind something valuable that I want to get back. So now I'm tracking them down."

Even Vyrna knew that her slip-up was obvious there. She could only hope that Ryan wasn't a very discerning person...otherwise her cover might be blown..

Yishim enters the bar, seeing old friends and new faces. He seems quite fond of his fancy new belt, even if he does have a slight... stink about him.

A mug of the regular, please.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Blagarm sets a pint down in front of the wizened wizard, leans down and speaks low, "Don' git b'tween the vampire an' the elf gahl. They're no' ge'in 'long well." With that he returns behind the bar and nervously begins to wash and dry mugs.

Someone

Adventurer
Again, the door opens, though right now the alcohol mists makes dificult for many to notice. Through it comes a man, tall and thick. He's younger than he seems - though he must be at most at his late twenties, he's balding and have gray hairs.

He dusts off and walks towards the bar, maintaining a short coversation with the barman, who seems to know him. After a while he walks up to the table with the greatest concentration of adventurers.

"Greetings! My old friend the barman assures me I can find able people here who don't mind putting steel and spell to good use."

[sblock=ooc]This is the recruitment post for a new adventure that I now have the time to start. It comes pre-prepared for all levels from 2 to 10, so I'll take a party of almost any level provided it's no larger than 5, it's more or less balanced in terms of levels and roles, and preferably of the lowest level possible (I'm not that experienced at DMing and later leves include interrupts, conditional bonuses and fiddly details that I tend to forget). Also giving priority to players with no other active characters.[/sblock]

Karlowitch

First Post
[sblock=CrimsonFlameWielder]working on a post, but not sure if its ready later tonight. Been at a huge conference all this week, so didn't have that much spare time [/sblock]

[sblock=H.M.Gimlord]
H.M.Gimlord said:

No. The original photo is from somewhere on the internet. I wish I knew who the original artist is. It shows up practically undoctored in Kalidrev's character sheet for a character who is (you guessed it) also named Mikara. A player usernamed "Fragsie" doctored the original under my direction to come up with the picture for Mik. Fragsie is absolutely amazing with Photoshop! Haven't heard from him in a while though.
Well, it looks awesome and it seems this friend of yours got some serious skills :D !
[/sblock]

[sblock=Someone]
Someone said:
c This is the recruitment post for a new adventure that I now have the time to start. It comes pre-prepared for all levels from 2 to 10, so I'll take a party of almost any level provided it's no larger than 5, it's more or less balanced in terms of levels and roles, and preferably of the lowest level possible (I'm not that experienced at DMing and later leves include interrupts, conditional bonuses and fiddly details that I tend to forget). Also giving priority to players with no other active characters.
Ryan is up for it, but he is only level 1 defender.
[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=ooc]This is the recruitment post for a new adventure that I now have the time to start. It comes pre-prepared for all levels from 2 to 10, so I'll take a party of almost any level provided it's no larger than 5, it's more or less balanced in terms of levels and roles, and preferably of the lowest level possible (I'm not that experienced at DMing and later leves include interrupts, conditional bonuses and fiddly details that I tend to forget). Also giving priority to players with no other active characters.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I'd probably be up for Lilli joining in, now a Level 3 Controller.[/sblock]

Again, the door opens, though right now the alcohol mists makes dificult for many to notice. Through it comes a man, tall and thick. He's younger than he seems - though he must be at most at his late twenties, he's balding and have gray hairs.

He dusts off and walks towards the bar, maintaining a short coversation with the barman, who seems to know him. After a while he walks up to the table with the greatest concentration of adventurers.

"Greetings! My old friend the barman assures me I can find able people here who don't mind putting steel and spell to good use."

Vyrna didn't notice the man until he spoke, but once he did, her need for a solid lead took over her thought process.

"Where will this task take us if we accept? Also, have you ever heard of a ship called the Night Serpent, or of Captain BloodLung and his first mate Carnivore?"

[sblock=Rearing and ready to go!] Vyrna, Level 1 Revenant Vampire would like to go, but she does need a push (she's trying to find the Night Serpent [or at least a lead that will help her find it]. Even a false lead would push her into the adventure =P). [/sblock]

Karlowitch

First Post
CrimsonFlameWielder said:
Hearing the squishy thump sound of Randal bouncing toward them, Vyrna cocks one eyebrow upward in confusion. "Just how does he do that? I would think the lack of, well, anything, would keep him from being able to hop..." Undead or not, Vyrna was a little creeped out by the thing plopping along the ground like that.

Ryan chuckles at Vyrna's observation and agrees with a nod " Well lass, it took at least awhile for him to learn how to move around. It's like the scholar's say the earth is round and not flat, which is much easier to accept than to understand... "

Vyrna holds up a finger, mouth agape, when Randal actually drinks the holy-water augmented drink.

"Shouldn't that have destroyed him, or at the very least, badly damaged him?"

Randal confidently sends the short "lady" a smile " Well, baby, some undeads are just better than others " he says mockingly. Once more he seems to be himself and is without concern for the vampire. " besides, I am invincible. Now ain't that the truth Ryan! " and the warrior shrugs " what he said " .

"I was crewed with them during my travels. But that ended when Carnivore killed me---*ahem* excuse me, something caught in my throat there. It ended when Carnivore killed mere civilian travelers. I wouldn't stay with a crew capable of such brutality, so I left them. Unfortunately, though, I realized too late that I had left behind something valuable that I want to get back. So now I'm tracking them down."

Even Vyrna knew that her slip-up was obvious there. She could only hope that Ryan wasn't a very discerning person...otherwise her cover might be blown..

Ryan takes full notice of Vyrna's slip up, but does not show it. He thought he would be pleased to know that he was right all along but as she mentions she was killed by her own crew, his mood shifts to one of pity. Perhaps this undead wasn't that bad after all. He had after all accepted Randal, but never the less he wouldn't dare to be alone with her without his weapons. " I am sorry to hear that " he says sincerely " If I ever come across their whereabouts, you have my word as a Bonebreaker Ill let you know ".

somone said:

The warrior raises his left eyebrow and rises to greet his hopefully new employer " The name is Ryan Bonebreaker. Ill be of service for a modest fee. What is the mission? " and suddenly the decapitated head on the table face twitches in disagreement " Ryan, what did we talk about... its not modest, its called a hell lot of gold and cheap women " he adds but the stout human brushes his comment aside.

Last edited:

Remove ads