Every ... PLAYER... EVER

I recently saw a GM quoting a player who said they should protect themselves from disintegration by each chopping off a finger that they can take to a cleric for resurrection.
That can make an interesting plot about a black market of chopped parts, used for voodoo or other harmful effects.

MarkB

Legend
I recently saw a GM quoting a player who said they should protect themselves from disintegration by each chopping off a finger that they can take to a cleric for resurrection.
Have it result in them being resurrected with the memories and character level they had when they took the samples.

Necropolitan

Adventurer
One of the Forgotten Realms story anthologies (Realms of the Dead) had a spy whose job involved getting murdered.

She'd purposefully get caught and killed to trick the target into thinking their secret was safe, then the spy would get resurrected from one of her severed fingers and be able to tell her handler what she'd learned.

Every time she got brought back she had all her fingers again, but then she'd have another one cut off to use for the next resurrection.

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
This actually happened in my game a couple of years ago.

Clever Player: (puts on a strange-looking pewter ring)
Me, the DM: You feel queasy, and sick to your stomach. You try to remove the ring, but it won't come off!
CP: Aw man. It's cursed, isn't it?
DM: Yep. Until you break the curse, you can't benefit from a long rest. You will weaken and die within a week.
CP: I have a better idea. Morogast, I need you to chop off my finger!
Morogast: Huzzah! I ready my sharpest blade!
DM: ~sigh. Fine, the barbarian cuts your finger off, ring and all.
CP: Ha-ha! So long, evil ring! I throw it in the campfire and go to bed.
(the next morning)
DM: You wake up feeling exhausted and queasy, with a point of exhaustion.
CP: Huh? But I cut the ring off my finger!
DM: And your finger is still gone. But you notice a strange-looking pewter bracelet on that same hand.
CP: ...fudge.

(only he didn't say "fudge.")

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I'm being cursed by a pewter ring, a pewter ring, a pewter ring
I'm being cursed by a pewter ring
And I don't like it very much!

Oh no! It's got my toe!

You may have jumped from a finger to the wrist, instead of another finger or toe, but at least you didn't jump directly to a torque.

Remove ads