Everything D&D Ever - Temple of the Frog

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, did some reading.

Pact of the Tome CAN give you the Find Familiar ritual spell, but you wouldn't start with it. You have get an invocation to boost it.

You can also take a feat that gives you access to ritual magic, though to get Find Familiar you'd have to take the feat to gain Wizard spells, which means your rituals would be based on your Intelligence, not Charisma.

Plus, as a feat, you could only start with it if you were human.

Brother Dave

First Post
@ MasqueradingVampire: Noted, and my apologies if I stepped on any toes. I tried to keep Bran's observations within the bounds of actions already described in previous posts, but after re-reading them I can see where in my enthusiasm I made a couple of assumptions. :blush: I'll try to be more careful with that in the future.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
There is an offshoot of Saith Cuthbert's faithful called the The Order of the Rosy Cross whose sole purpose is to hunt down demons in mortal disguise. I think you may have given me even more direction with my character than I had anticipated. :3
[MENTION=6755061]MasqueradingVampire[/MENTION]: re the glowing eyes. Is that a commonality of Eladrin and would Samara know this, or is it something I'm going to need a check for?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
[MENTION=6755061]MasqueradingVampire[/MENTION] - The creature's glowing eyes - is that a commonality among a race in your world or is it something for which I need a check?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Yeah, no eladrin in this world, at least not yet anyway.

As for the glowing eyes, and knowledge of races in general...

Despite the fact that Blackmoor is relatively metropolitan, the society is still young enough that the common person doesn't know much about their neighbors. There just isn't a lot of recorded lore or history among most races, humans especially.

Glowing eyes could be a tiefling, a summoned something or other, a fey being, certain types of undead, someone in the midst of casting a spell...the possibilities are numerous.

Remove ads