• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Everything World of Darkness Ever - Vampire Prelude: Blood Dawn (OOC)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Just a few notes - Felicia was the name I used in the IC thread. I'm assuming Bytemark is the Ally? As for Mentor, because you didn't take any points in Generation (which is fine), I was thinking of someone a bit more powerful than your sire to fill the role of Mentor. Speaking of Generation, Rosanna is 13th Generation.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Felicia/Fiona.. ok, so I'm an idiot. I did say it's been a long week, right? :) Anyway, that's fixed. Yes, Bytemark is the ally. And I'm completely lost on the mentor.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Something I wanted to go over as we get in to the actual embraces...

I am a firm believer in trigger warnings and setting boundaries so here are a few thoughts on that subject.

Some characters are being given a choice, some aren't. This touches on themes of violation as the act of a vampire taking someone's blood and life is very often a metaphor for other types of violation.

Very soon, we will be dealing with themes of loss and death.

Throughout the early chapters of this story, there will be themes of manipulation, deceit, and abusive relationships of varying sorts.

As we continue, if anything in the game proves to be upsetting or uncomfortable, please let me know, either here or via PM.

If there are any boundaries you would prefer not to cross (keeping in mind that we are on EN World which has the Grandma rule), please also tell me that as well.

Regarding the Grandma rule, we will be keeping things as PG-13 as we can. That means...

No graphic descriptions of gore and the results of violence. Keep it simple and let the the reader's imagination fill in the blanks.

No graphic descriptions of nudity. You can describe characters as being partially dressed or naked or whatever, but leave it at that and, again, allow the reader's imagination to fill in the blanks.

No profanity. Yes, I realize this isn't terribly realistic for the setting, but, a story, even a horror story, can be told without unnecessary vulgarity.

No graphic descriptions of drug use. Mentioning it, referring to it, etc is fine, but, yet again, let the reader's imagination wander where it will.

That's it, for now.

Shayuri

First Post
lol!

Wow...poor Tituba. And poor Angie! She's a diablerist now! That shows on the aura, doesn't it? Ah, man, she's got some 'splainin' to do. :)

Great post though, I really liked it. One quick question for immediate action; can Angelina use what she got from Tituba to know enough about vampirism that she doesn't just finish her shift, stroll out into the sunrise and flash fry? :)

Of course, there's the little matter of Tituba's body. Um. Still working on that. Hee.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads