D&D 5E "Evil" options limited to the DMG?

Thread Necromancy [Level 8, Necromancy, Evil]
It's been fewer days since the last post than the number of pages in the thread, so raise thread [Level 5, Conjuration (Healing)] was also an option.

The Death Domain was called out specific in the Adventurer League Player's Guide

So

1.) It does exist
2.) Its not in the PHB (since we saw the domain list already)
3.) WotC thinks its EVIL enough to not allow it in OP (and they allow LE player characters in it!)

I think its safe to say the Death Domain ain't gonna be modeling Osiris or Kelemvor.
Well it's nice to finally see some up-to-date confirmation! I agree that this looks to be the "Evil Death" domain.

...Unless it's in the DMG because it's a variant that's mechanically different from the others? I.e.: "Death" in some campaigns, but "Evil Death" in others? :hmm:

Jachywalcott

First Post
Thread Necromancy [Level 8, Necromancy, Evil]

The Death Domain was called out specific in the Adventurer League Player's Guide

So

1.) It does exist
2.) Its not in the PHB (since we saw the domain list already)
3.) WotC thinks its EVIL enough to not allow it in OP (and they allow LE player characters in it!)

I think its safe to say the Death Domain ain't gonna be modeling Osiris or Kelemvor.

*Sigh* Well, good to know. At reddit someone suggested Life or Knowledge for Raven Queen clerics, that might just be the way I end up having to go for now.

gyor

Legend
The DMG is not a Player resource for Tyranny of Dragons that's why its not allowed, it maybe allowed in furture story origins.

The DMG is not a Player resource for Tyranny of Dragons that's why its not allowed, it maybe allowed in furture story origins.
So you're saying that you think the Death domain is in the Dungeon Master's Guide because the Dungeon Master's Guide is not a player resource in the upcoming round of OP? That seems like cart-before-horse logic.

Remove ads