• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Evil vs Good: D&D Wargaming

Fieari

Explorer
Anything strange on the other side? Yes... celestials. Hundreds of celestials. And not the little glowing balls, either. We have aasimar too... strong looking ones. And then some BIG angels.

This is all located on the roof of a wooden fortress, surrounded in cloud.

Closing the portal then?

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Fieari said:
Anything strange on the other side? Yes... celestials. Hundreds of celestials. And not the little glowing balls, either. We have aasimar too... strong looking ones. And then some BIG angels.

This is all located on the roof of a wooden fortress, surrounded in cloud.

Closing the portal then?

Yes Besides the Ravens has anything else gone through? - if not then close immediately, if say up to 3 Dog Soldiers close it too ...(I need to preserve my Army)

The Bard also summons a Howler (Monster 4) to keep the celestials busy as the Pack retreats and the portal is closed!

Pyrex

First Post
Stuff might happen in the intervening 8hrs. Slow down a bit. :)

On that note...

Looking down at his assembled forces Kael smiles. They would march inexorably across the fertile green lands of the south destroying everything in their path, returning everything to the sterile perfection of death.

After ordering two of his leutenants (the standard wraiths) to remain behind with their companies (two companies of 100) kobolds and their squads (to squads of 20) of wolves he orders his forces to begin marching south.

OOC: My army may only move at a whopping 3mph, but it just keeps going. Slowly. Inexorably. 24 hours a day.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
ooc so did the PAck get back to the Grove and the Mirror closed safely? if so

ic As the Mirror gate closes and the remnant of the Pack regathers in the Grove their is confusion and mounting fury

"Celestial!" a Dog Soldier growls explaining what was seen to the twin Hant Masters "the mirror has been stolen, taken up amongst the clouds and our Master ...?"

"Enough!" Hunt Master Raptor steps forward "The Pack will scatter, remain concealed, hunt and destroy like silent death. We return at the next Howling of the moon!"

"Five alone will run with me and five with my brother. The fey may go as they choose

Now scatter!"

with that the Barbarians and the Dog Soldiers break off into small groups, the warriors running with them in multiple directions. Each one is well equiped to survive in the wilderness hunting and relying on the forest and mountains for protection.

Ravage and Raptor look at each other but do not speak, they know what must be done - Ravage will go to the Dragons Lair to try and find clues to what has occured and to recover the Dark Hunters remains. Raptor will travel to the dominion of the Ghost Kael and seek the Ghosts aid in seeking revenge!

Each one takes with him five of the Werewolf Rangers and an equal accompaniment of Pixies...

Fieari

Explorer
Tonguez, the Misylak forest has tasted defeat for the first time, but (Moral Check against encountered enemy "Presence", succeed) this only stiffens their resolve. You have lost points equal to your druid, but now gain half that back, which may be spent as you will.

You lost all your ravens, and the druid, but everything else made it out safely.

Drakk, sufficient time has not yet passed. At 9am, you will arrive at your destination.

Next ready Evil army may enter the game.

Last edited:

Drakknyte32

First Post
Just an edit to my actions.

Before I go to the wizard's tower I will scout out the city a little bit. I will still be hiding (+17). I'm just checking out the city to see if anything new has happend.

Fieari

Explorer
The people of the mountain city... the people of Lowgate, which you overhear is the city's name... are gathered together near the mountain wall, where you see the one who killed you as if surrounded by a burning light. He is delivering a speech to the town, and nearly all the men have come and gathered to listen. He speaks of his glorious victory.

And at that, you rise from beneath the ground, and raise yourself up majesticly into the sky, so that you would appear to them to be just below the rising sun in the east. Your foe trails off in his speech, the people begin to mutter and wonder why. Then a few turn to look around...

And then the screaming begins.

You roar with a piercing shriek to encourage the panic.

And now that the world has been given a chance to admire your splendor and fear, you descend to devour the living.

Drakknyte32

First Post
Not entirely what I had in mind but it will work. I'm assuming you have told something like this to the forces of good but haven't had me start attacking yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After his fearful apperarance the dragon dives underground. He reappears near the edge of the gathered forces and lets out a mighty blast of flame. Before those nearby can even respond the dragon disappears underound once again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I'm doing is this. When I appeared I carefully looked over the assembled forces for specific points. These points are:
forces farther than 100' away from the wizard who killed me, I won't get any closer than that to the wizard for any reason.
groups of sorcerors that are out of magic missile range of other sorcerors and close enough together that I could hit them all with my breath
groups of soldiers that are out of magic missile range of any sorcerors.

My actions
1st round. move into position by sorcerors mentioned above but 5' underground. If there are no sorcerors gathered like that I will go for the soldiers mentioned above instead.

2nd round. 5' step up. Use breath weapon. move down and away from the forces.

3rd round. demanifest, hide and watch the results of my actions.

After my breath recharges. Manifest, stay hidden, and look for a good place to use my breath weapon again.

Last edited:

Fieari

Explorer
Your appearance gathered quite a bit of attention. On your way underground again, you take a few casual swipes at people in the houses, killing those you touched instantly. That ought to spread some fear. The wizards are flying in your direction, obviously via the fly spell. However, by the time they reach where you were, you will already be underground.

You wait there for a little less than half a minute, trying to find the best place to surface. The men are all running in the direction of your last appearance, but they are much slower than the wizards, and of course, have to worry about city streets. You can't seem to single out any of the sorcerers.

So you rise up, and breathe in the faces of two dozen or so healthy young men. Not healthy for long though... about half fail their save and dry up instantly like a corpse, your breath weapon sucking all thier life water away and scattering it into the void.

You descend back underground even as the forces of good gather themselves to counterattack. And you wait.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads