Ex-WotC Employees

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
The animosity - and hyperbole - is all mine. He is my favourite designer - he can even write good adventures! - and I've never understood a corporate culture where the left hand promotes a bloke a few months before the right hand retrenches him.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just as a note - this is a wiki page, so I welcome corrections or additions made directly on the page!

Alphastream

Adventurer
The animosity - and hyperbole - is all mine. He is my favourite designer - he can even write good adventures! - and I've never understood a corporate culture where the left hand promotes a bloke a few months before the right hand retrenches him.
I love his work too. He contributed to many projects I dig, including my favorite setting of Dark Sun. I traded a few e-mails with him as part of the Vault of the Dracolich work (since it tied into this Encounters season). I also met him right before he left.

Thing is, we never know what happens in a workplace. A person might be a great designer, be promoted, but not really fit. Or maybe they end up not liking the new post but there is no viable lateral position... that negativity can be hard to suppress. Anything could have happened, but it seems like in this case Rich and Wizards have both kept a healthy relationship and willingness to work together. That isn't surprising. The employees tend to be a close-knit bunch and often continue to hang out together even when the working relationship ends.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's weird. When Alphastream added some info, some of my footnotes (Charles Ryan, Anthony Valterra) disappeared. I manually added them back, and now the Chris Sims footnote is gone. Something wacky happening.

Alphastream

Adventurer
I think that was my fault, sorry. I was learning the footnotes and how they work and when someone was in it I copied my work, waited, reloaded, and then pasted back in... and I think I was then re-using the numbers. I tried to renumber and fix it, but... oops. Sorry! (Is there a way to avoid declaring the footnote's number so as to avoid conflicts?)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Penny Williams: Owns Crystal Unicorn Enterprises, LLC, a freelance writing/editing and publishing. Products include: Phoenix Lore(TM) Magazine, an online pdf publication; and Arcana Minor adventures, a line designed specifically for introducing young players to D&D.

Jennifer Paige: Microsoft

Julia Martin: Microsoft

Linae Foster: Passport Game Studios; Products include various board games such as Tokaido, Kalua, Trajan, Soccero, Castaways, and Ace Detective

Bill Slavicsek: Writer/Content Designer at ZeniMax Online Studios (The Elder Scrolls Online)

Last edited:

Remove ads