Exalted Deeds Versus Vile Darkness, the Final Confrontation!

linnorm

Explorer
Ralam Human Rogue 5 / Assassin 7

Action:
No change here. Again, I'll add some buffer text to pad out the length for the do-gooders. lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala You don't know what I'm dooooiiinng!! lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala Ha, ha, you're going to looooose!! lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala Go away or I shall taunt you a third time! lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Wrahn

First Post
Emotions threaten to break Aekir's icy calm.

Stay the course, you can not let the mage blast away and think to fight Sebastian

*Aekir moves directly north of Nessa. Holding an action to attack if she moves or casts.*

(ooc: Aekir will provoke an attack of opportunity from Nessa (Moving through two threatened squares) if she can pinpoint him. He is still moving silently.

If Nessa attempts to move, she will provoke an attack of opportunity from him (Moving from one threatened square to another) unless she tumbles or does something unexpected.

Don't forget, Nessa has lost her highest level memorized spell (from the negetive energy level) and Nessa has 5 negetive energy levels so is at -5 to hit and -5 to saves.)

Rybaer

First Post
(ooc - I'm not entirely sure what Torr's HP total is anymore...the previous post suggests he might be at -2. If not...)

Torr reverts to human form and throws himself prostrate upon the floor at the mercy of the mob surrounding him.

"I beg mercy! This is not the bodyguard duty I had signed on for!"

(ooc - if anyone can Sense Motive or otherwise discern the truth, Torr is being completely honest.)

I'm not sure we're going to get out of this one alive, he thinks to a mute Stormrider.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
[Continuing action]

*Torr, realizing he cannot withstand this assault, shifts back into human form and begs for mercy. Sebastion and Staeven weigh his words for a moment, and then nod. Sebastion goes to bind him, as Staeven runs around to see to the screaming woman. It seems to be the tall and aristocratic Baroness, her face haggerd and drawn. She stop screaming when Staeven runs around and gasps in relief.*

"Thank you! Thank you so much. I had been so afraid," she says, her hands fluttering and her color paling. Staeven keeps his eyes on her as he fishes through his backpack for the manacles.*

"We must take you back to Andeluvay, Baroness," he explains.

*As this touching scene is going on, Ralam finally executes his plan, and drops onto Lyssia, who unwittingly placed herself next to him. His dagger finds her heart with astounding accuracy, and with a single strangled gasp, Lyssia falls to the ground, dead.*

[Action paused yet again to allow Ralam to tell me if he's visible, and what Darrin and Norin are going to do if he is.]

Gh~~~~~~~~~
~s~~S~~~s~
~sssssssssss~
~~No,T,D~[L]~~
~~~Se,S~R~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
~~G,Sy~~~~~~
------d--------
~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~A~~~~~N

[OOC -
Initiative:
Ssessarina - 26
Lyssia - 25 [L]
Nessa - 24 [N]
Gwyn - 23 [G] (shaken, and currently deceased at -17hp)
Torr - 22 [T] (shaken)
Sebastion - 21[Se]
Staeven - 20
Ralam - 18 [R]
[Action paused to allow people to react]
Darren - 15 [D]
Aekir - 12 [A]
Ghost - 11 [Gh]
Norin - 10 [No]
Sylinda - 9 [Sy]

s - screen
d - doorway
---- - wall
~ - 5'

Italics mean that someone is invisible, hidden, or otherwise concealed. Please do not make use of this information if you don't know it otherwise. :)

Torr changes back, regains some hit points, and his plea for mercy is accepted. Sylinda, you didn't hear Aekir when he snuck by you, I did roll, but you didn't hear him. Gwyn also sneaks by you and gets the heck of of Dodge. Staeven goes to confront the "Baroness." Ralam executes a successful death attack on Lyssia (I rolled a one on her save, so that was an 11, not beating the DC of 19) so Lyssia is very dead. And I think Ralam is visible again, right?]

linnorm

Explorer
Ralam Human Rogue 5 / Assassin 7

*A grin creeps across Ralam's face as he feels the life slip from his victim. The invisibility shielding him from the other's eyes slides away, revealing a human male standing 5'9" and clothed in all black assassin's garb.*
"Too bad I didn't have time to make her beg for it first." *Looking up he assesses the situation and:
Ralam will activate Nevereyes (ring of Invisibility) again, sheath his assassin's dagger and draw the Soul Burner. He will then move around to get a sneak attack on the most powerful looking of the do-gooders around Torr using all four souls in the dagger. Att: +14, Dmg: 1d4+1+2+4d6+7d6 (dagger +1+str+souls+sneak attack)

Last edited:

Jaik

First Post
Hearing Lyssia's choked cry, Darren spins, too late to do anything but watcha s she crumples to the ground. Darren stalks toward the black-clad assassin with a thirsty blade and eyes that glow an unsettling red.

Action:
Darren takes a 5' move to be adjacent to Ralam, takes a move action to feint, then a single attack. Unless, of course, he can flank, in which case he takes all possible attacks.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lyssia's assassin becomes visible, revealing himself to be an elegant man with dark hair, pale skin, dressed at the height of fashion, bearing a bloodied dagger that he just used to end Lyssia's life.*

*Darren's eyes glow dangerously as he slides over to the man. With no words, he elaborately weaves his blade through the air, then punches through the assassin's armor, delivering a deep gash with the promise of more to come.*

*Aekir ghostly slides alongside Nessa, ready to rip at her if she casts. Nessa does not seem to notice him. Ghost continues his invisible observations.*

*Sylinda disarms Gwyn's corpse and begins to summon help from the celestial woodlands.*

Lyssia -
Floating in darkness, waiting for the light, Lyssia suddenly finds herself back in the place where she once died. But in an instant she realizes that she is not back amongst the living. She can see her own body, and all the people and her surrounds are in shades of black and white. However, she sees another foe, the recently dead demon that attacked Staeven, and he shows up to her clearly in color, hovering above his dead body like she. It seems she is being allowed to fight the good fight again, this time in the realm of spirits, where the rules of the flesh do not apply...

Gwyn -
With a blink of an eye, you find your dead body seemingly knitting its wounds back together, so that it is entirely whole. Oddly, the study and all the people fighting in it seem to fade to shades of black and white, and with a wrench, you find yourself staring at your own body again. Before you can grow too angry at this betrayal, you look across the study to see one other person in full color, the bat-winged do-gooder who seared you with rays of light. It seems as if you're battling in the realms of the spirits now, and are no longer bound by the rules of the flesh...

Gh~~~~~~~~~
~s~~S,St~~s~
~sssssssssss~
~~No,T~~D~[L]
~~~Se~~R~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
~~G,Sy~~~~~~
------d--------
~~~A~~~~~~~
~~~~N~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~

[OOC -
Initiative:
Ssessarina - 26
Lyssia - 25 [L]
Nessa - 24 [N]
Gwyn - 23 [G]
Torr - 22 [T] (shaken)
Sebastion - 21[Se]
Staeven - 20 [St]
Ralam - 18 [R]
Darren - 15 [D]
Aekir - 12 [A]
Ghost - 11 [Gh]
Norin - 10 [No]
Sylinda - 9 [Sy]

s - screen
d - doorway
---- - wall
~ - 5'

Italics mean that someone is invisible, hidden, or otherwise concealed. Please do not make use of this information if you don't know it otherwise. :)

Ralam becomes visible again. Darren does a five' step, feints successfully, and sneak attacks once for 23 points of damage. Aekir moves next to Nessa. Ghost continues his observations for his death attack on Saint Norin. Sylinda blasts the spot where Nessa was.

Whew! New round, Aekir abd Ralam's actions I believe are already spoken for.

Lyssia and Gwyn -
You two are considered fully healed and free of any conditions that existed prior to your death. Gwyn is no longer shaken, and Lyssia no longer has negative levels

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Gwyn:
You're exactly where you were before, next to Sylinda. And you're correct, walls and cover mean nothing to you; though you can't see though walls, and cover ruins your line of sight, you could easily move through them.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida:
Gwyn dives through the floor, rushing under it to where he last saw Lyssia, then leaps upward again, seeking to strike from behind her. He is disdaining weapons now, seeking only to grapple with the foe and pin her.

Last edited:

Remove ads