• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exaulted Feat: Holy Ki Strike

thebitdnd

Explorer
For the feat Holy Ki Strike from the Book of Exaulted Deeds, the prerequisites list Cha 15, Sanctify Ki Strike, Improved Unarmed Strike, and Ki Strike (Holy). I cannot seem to find out how one acquires Ki Strike (Holy). It isn't one of the progressions for the Monk from the 3.5 PHB. Is this from a PrC or another book somewhere? Please Help.

Thanks

(Edit: Typo)

Last edited:

Flyspeck23

First Post
That's a typo, as far as I can see. It sounds like the prereq for the feat is the feat itself...

Cha 15 and Improved Unarmed Strike are redundant, as they're already the prereq for Sanctify Ki Strike (SKS).
SKS has "ki strike (lawful)" as a prereq, so they either wanted "ki strike (lawful)" to be a prereq for holy ki strike (again: redundant, but WotC likes to do this...), or they meant "ki strike (adamantine)" instead. Choose whichever seems appropriate for you. It is a pretty effective feat (seeing that many of the player's opponents are of evil alignment), so personally I'd go with "ki strike (adamantine)".
Granted, there's nothing holy about adamantine, but again: what else could they mean?

Tar-Edhel

First Post
thebitdnd said:
For the feat Holy Ki Strike from the Book of Exaulted Deeds, the prerequisites list Cha 15, Sanctify Ki Strike, Improved Unarmed Strike, and Ki Strike (Holy). I cannot seem to find out how one acquires Ki Strike (Holy). It isn't one of the progressions for the Monk from the 3.5 PHB. Is this from a PrC or another book somewhere? Please Help.
From WOTC Customer service (and I think the Darrin who answered is one of the book's author):

Queston sent: Could you please clarify the Holy Ki Stike feat? One of its prerequisite is Ki Strike (holy) but the only way I can see to get Ki Strike (holy) is to take the feat…

Answer:
I agree that this is slightly misleading. What it means is that you must be an exalted character that has ki strike.

Thanks!

**Please quote this e-mail in any reply.**
Darrin
Wizards of the Coast - Customer Service
Game Support Phone: 1-800-324-6496
Monday through Friday, 9 AM - 7 PM PST
Corporate Phone: (425) 226-6500

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads