Excerpt: Economies [merged]

Shroomy

Adventurer
There was a formatting error in the multi-classing feats table and missing text from the Earth Titan statblock; I'm sure it will be fixed sometime tomorrow morning. That said, while I appreciate the constant release schedule, someone from WoTC should check on these when they are posted; its only 9pm out there.

Lord Nat

First Post
I really think they have to be showing pre-final editing stuff...
I mean that is a REALLY easy to see screw up.

But anyway,
I am happy to see it is 10 encounters each level, I am a little iffy on how the rewords system works still but it seems more or less about the same.

I like that they lowered selling price to 1/5th market cost. it will keep some of my players who like to try and make a living off finding and selling magic items think a little bit more before they try to break the game with tons of gold.

Over all it seems a much more controlled system on the DMs side.

FireLance

Legend
I think it's nice how the article specifically addresses the point that some people don't want magic item trade in their games, and some people don't want the PCs creating magic items in their games. Those who don't like EITHER magic item trade OR PC magic item creation are still going to be annoyed, though. :)

Family

First Post
I like the idea of being able to store the energy from my previous magical items as I outgrow them so that I can use them to enchant a custom item that will be useful to me in the future.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Residuum? Seriously?

Might as well call it arcane dust and small glimmering shards, because that's what we're looking at. I see some WoW influence there, not that that's a bad thing - WoW's crafting systems are pretty solid, IMO.

But hopefully their materials for making magic items are a bit more interestingly named than just the one they threw out there...

Chowder

First Post
Green Knight said:
They screwed up the monster XP table. They switched the values for Minions and Standard Monsters.

I really hope that this is specific to the excerpt, but given the poor editing of KotS, I have a bad feeling about this...

It's going to be *so* disappointing if the core books are littered with these sorts of errors.

WotC: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE work on your editing!

-Chowder

Kordeth

First Post
Boarstorm said:
Residiium sounds interesting. It's nice to get a touch of information on the disenchant and enchant rituals, too.

In before the "ZOMG 4E = WoW!" comments. ;)

EDIT: Never mind....

More seriously, I like that there's advice on how to tweak the game if you want magic items to be too precious, rare, or dangerous to buy and sell, and that it's pretty clearly set up that even in the "default" setting, selling a magic item is the sort of thing that gets done in a smoky back room in a seedy tavern or in the halls of a fantastically wealthy merchant prince, not Ye Olde Wizard's Shoppe in the town square.

pawsplay

Hero
If you actually want to benefit from their new treasure balancing rules, you're going to need a good spreadsheet for your campaign.

Remove ads