Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging) [Concluded]

DerHauptman

First Post
Zurd, on one hand relishing his work ending lives, on the other wishing now that he had changed sides decides to try and talk the three orcs* advancing into standing down and being spared from his mighty wrath. (They saw him take out three orcs with a hand wave and a color spray of arcane energy after all!)

He readies**the color spray spell in case his offer fails and they attack him. (OOC: I realize that he may only ge 2 if they are close because of the way the spell fans out but the goal is to spray all 3 if my condition (in notes) is met.)

Then he says to Kurg***, DEFEND! and points to himself.

This is basically Kurg making a ready action to attack any orc that attacks Zurd.

He then looks up from his grizzly work, blood spraying still from the artery of the dead orc at his feet, and yells to the onrushing orcs...

[sblock=Orcish * ]
HOLD! You three! - You are walking dead and you know it! If you swear to serve me now I will spare your lives!**** I will reward you and treat you as I have all who serve me!

[/sblock]

[sblock= *Notes* ]

* I would like to know if these are warriors, females and what I think their tribal status might be by their carriage and clothing/equipment.

**If they are all three warriors I'll just spray them - I don't need three orc warriors tagging around and toteing gear (loot-e-licious) but if even one is a female or young I'll hold off and hope the three waiver.

*** I am not exactly sure where Kurg is on the map. I would like for him to have reacted by running to my side when the fighting started - I think it a logical reaction based upon the level of past behavior and his animal instinct to protect me as his "alpha".

**** From all the stuff I have read about orcs, which are my gaming passion, so that's a good deal... They will do a lot to survive and especially when the chips are down and not looking good for the home team. Switching sides in a battle probably is a common CE trait if it suits them. Probably just as likely to kill me in my sleep if they think I'm weak too... Just saying ;) If they are chicks or young it might even be more likely.

Not fishing for a specific outcome or even an explanation - I'm fine with whatever they do I have stated my condition for spell release if they attack so I feel covered. Kurg will not attack them if they do not attack me. He will attack anyone that does as a mater of course - just for future reference.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Sorry about forgetting the last three orcs first time I posted. I hope this isn't too confusing.

Orc h is dead. Orc n has successfully grappled Kol; however, at the beginning of the next round, Kol escapes her hold. Orc's grapple check: 7.

Kongu regains her composure after being liberated from the clutches of an overpowering orc. Any bafflement she had about Kol's unexpected attack has vanished, She begins her oratory. "Brave fellow explorers! I know we can protect ourselves against these brutes. Kol, the most devoted warrior I have known! Lokin, the strong, who never hesitates to use his might in the protection of the weak! Zurd, who has lead us with both weapon and spell! Payne, the most cunning, no enemy is clever enough to harm! Kyle, the gourmet, whose skills remind us why the civilized life is worth living, and give us the resolve to continue to live in defiance of those who would kill us!" As she continues, you all feel your will to fight bolstered, and with it your power. Everyone gets +1 to attack, damage and morale rolls.

orsal

LEW Judge
DerHauptman said:
* I would like to know if these are warriors, females and what I think their tribal status might be by their carriage and clothing/equipment.

**If they are all three warriors I'll just spray them - I don't need three orc warriors tagging around and toteing gear (loot-e-licious) but if even one is a female or young I'll hold off and hope the three waiver.

*** I am not exactly sure where Kurg is on the map. I would like for him to have reacted by running to my side when the fighting started - I think it a logical reaction based upon the level of past behavior and his animal instinct to protect me as his "alpha".

The two that are coming Zurd's way (l and m) are both male. Orc n, now engaged against Kol, is female, but out of range for Zurd. Of the ones already unconscious from the last spell, e is male and f is female.

I keep forgetting Kurg. I've placed him on the map now.

[sblock=map code]Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 c 30 rs 0 0 c -30 c -c c 30 *s -1 g 6o rs 0 0 8 6o 8 0 g
@-g *s -1 2c 3o rs 0 0 -c 2c -4 1o c 18 10 10 1o 18 24 1o 2c 2c
@24 30 1o 3g 10 3o c 3g -4 30 -c 2c *s -1 2c 1c rs 0 0 10 1c c 14
@-4 o -c 0 -4 -o c -14 10 -1c 1o -14 24 -o 2c 0 24 o 1o 14 10 1c *s
@-1 2c 60 rs 0 0 10 3c c 3k -4 40 -c 4o -4 5c c 5s 10 60 1o 5s 24
@5c 2c 4o 24 40 1o 3s 10 3c *s -3 39 1i rs 0 A *s -3 38 65 rs 0 B
@*s -3 3b ar rs 0 C *s 6 1s 4d rs 0 *s 6 2z 7m rs 0 *s 6 2i 4c rs
@0 *s 6 10 54 rs 0 *s 6 4e 8e rs 0 *s 6 3x 7i rs 0 *s 0 13 51 rs
@0 *s 0 1m 51 rs 0 *s 0 12 6b rs 0 *s 0 2b 7m r5 -17 *s 0 14 5q
@rs 0 *s -3 29 50 rs 0 *s -3 u 4k rs 0 c *s -3 1r 40 rs 0 e *s
@-3 2h 3y rs 0 f *s -3 2p 7d rs 0 g *s -3 4q 8q rs 0 j *s -3 1s
@59 rs 0 Z *s -3 h 54 rs 0 P *s -3 3 5t rs 0 Kon *s -3 2z 8d rs 0
@Kol *s 0 3q 7q rs 0 *s 6 2c 52 rs 0 *s 6 28 4k rs 0 *s -3 2h 5f
@rs 0 l *s -3 2l 41 rs 0 m *s -3 45 7p rs 0 n *s -3 11 70 rs 0 L *s
@-3 1r 81 rs 0 Kyle *s 7 1r 5m rs 0
*END v5s9jf[/sblock]

DerHauptman

First Post
(OOC: Ok then since there are only two of them I'll try my little surrender plan. Also I won't kill the female hoping to use her as a porter to get our crap out of here later.)

Here is my action then...

Zurd, on one hand relishing his work ending lives, on the other wishing now that he had changed sides decides to try and talk the advancing orcs into standing down and being spared from his mighty wrath. (They saw him take out three orcs with a hand wave and a color spray of arcane energy after all!)

He readies**the color spray spell in case his offer fails and they attack him.

Then he says to Kurg***, DEFEND! and points to himself.

This is basically Kurg making a ready action to attack any orc that attacks Zurd.

He then looks up from his grizzly work, blood spraying still from the artery of the dead orc at his feet, and yells to the onrushing orcs...

(ORCISH - HOLD! You two! - You are walking dead and you know it! If you swear to serve me now I will spare your lives!**** I will reward you and treat you as I have all who serve me! (ORCISH)

If they attack I will let my readied action (color spray) fly at them both.

Kurg will Attack anyone who attacks me.

Action Resolution to speed it up in case they do attack me.

Kurg attacks the one who attacks me (the closest one to him if they both attack)

(OOC: IC is down I will be at work all day tomorrow. Resolve it for me if needed. His ATK is +3 DMG 1d6+3 he gets a free trip attempt if he hits - without provoking an AoO. Thanks - DH)

Lot

First Post
Lokin darts forward, past the orc grappling Payne to take position just north of Zurd. Changing direction quickly, he swings a measured blow at the orc attacking Payne.

[sblock=OOC]Lokin is moving to the positon where the orc c and orc e are within melee range. He will attack orc c, the one grappling Payne, with a 17 to-hit-roll and 14 damage. If this drops the orc, he will cleave orc e in range with a 20 to-hit-roll and 10 damage.[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Payne (NPC) wrests free of the grapple. Grapple checks: Payne 21 vs. orc 19.

Lokin demonstrates his martial prowess by killing two orcs with a single blow.

Kyle takes another poor swing at his orc.

Zurd and Kurg ready actions, while Zurd speaks to the orcs.

There are now just five orcs standing, with f still alive but under the effects of the the color spray. Three of them (l,m,n) run back in the direction they came from, screaming.

Orc g continues to try to grapple Kyle. Kyle's AoO is once again unsuccessful. This time the orc manages to get hold of the dwarf (touch attack 14) but can't maintain a lock (grapple checks: orc 12 vs. Kyle 20).

Orc j, giving up on the grappling, tries to wrest Kol's axe out of his hand. The maenad defends himself ably, however (AoO 25, 9 damage) felling his enemy with that very weapon.

Kol may post a new action, since his intended target has already been disposed of.

[sblock=Zurd]As your eyes follow your fleeing adversaries, you see another row of pools in that direction.[/sblock]

[sblock=map code]
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 c 30 rs 0 0 c -30 c -c c 30 *s -1 g 6o rs 0 0 8 6o 8 0 g
@-g *s -1 2c 3o rs 0 0 -c 2c -4 1o c 18 10 10 1o 18 24 1o 2c 2c
@24 30 1o 3g 10 3o c 3g -4 30 -c 2c *s -1 2c 1c rs 0 0 10 1c c 14
@-4 o -c 0 -4 -o c -14 10 -1c 1o -14 24 -o 2c 0 24 o 1o 14 10 1c *s
@-1 2c 60 rs 0 0 10 3c c 3k -4 40 -c 4o -4 5c c 5s 10 60 1o 5s 24
@5c 2c 4o 24 40 1o 3s 10 3c *s -3 39 1i rs 0 A *s -3 38 65 rs 0 B
@*s -3 3b ar rs 0 C *s 6 2z 7m rs 0 *s 6 5n 3o rs 0 *s 6 6z 6c rs
@0 *s 0 13 51 rs 0 *s 0 1m 51 rs 0 *s 0 1n 4d rs 0 *s 0 2b 7m r5
@-16 *s 0 14 5q rs 0 *s -3 29 50 rs 0 *s -3 2p 7d rs 0 g *s -3
@1s 59 rs 0 Z *s -3 h 54 rs 0 P *s -3 3 5t rs 0 Kon *s -3 2z 8d
@rs 0 Kol *s 0 3q 7q rs 0 *s 6 5p 4d rs 0 *s 6 28 4e rs 0 *s -3
@5m 53 rs 0 l *s -3 5i 39 rs 0 m *s -3 6d 6k rs 0 n *s -3 13 4b
@rs 0 L *s -3 1r 81 rs 0 Kyle *s 7 1r 5m rs 0 *s -3 1t 44 rs 0
@(f) *s -3 z 6d rs 0 *s -3 z 6b rs 0
*END ttpze3[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lot

First Post
Lokin, dropping the orc with his cleaving attack, spins around seeking another foe. Seeing the Kyle and Kol still have an enemy standing, he moves in that direction to back up his allies in case the orc is fortunate enough to survive the next wave of attacks.

Remove ads