• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging) [Concluded]

hero4hire

Explorer
Kol pursued his enemy attempting to pick off the straggler

OOC: actually I put I note that I added the inspire this time...but i didnt. :confused: (at least on the attack roll)
Attack roll 18
Damage 19

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Payne, now freed from her attacker, gasps a thank you to Lokin before he runs off to aid others in battle. Spinning a bit to survey the room, her eyes land upon Zurd who is seemingly enjoying the slaughtering a bit too much. A scowl settles upon her face, ``Hey, thanks for the help there. Don't know what I would've done without you.`` She then moves away from him, towards the dead orc that still held her dagger in his chest. ``Run out of things to say?`` With a sickening slurp of the muscles and tissue releasing her weapon, she tugs it free and then wipes the gore upon his chest.

DerHauptman

First Post
Zurd turns toward Payne, smiles at her remark and plunges his ransuer deep into the throat of the foe at his feet....

That $%#@'ING idiot over there <pointing at Kol> $#&%'ed this one up! Second time he's *&#$%'ED-UP and almost gotten us killed - I think you should redirect your smart ass to him!

hero4hire

Explorer
Kol still in the grips of battle rage barely heard Zurd. Lucky for the hybrid for if he had heard such remarks would not have been well accepted. Perhaps even viewed as threatening. But Kol was more focused on the enemy he knew. The retreating orcs.

OOC: are they running into darkness? or can Kol still see the areas they are running to?

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Payne's brows rose as Zurd had apparently just grown a set. ``I don't see how Kol gettin' us into trouble results in you letting me nearly get crushed to death. I am not Kol nor did I start the fight. I merely stood by one of the party member's decision. Perhaps, something you should learn to do. And, so you know, that was your one shot. Do it again.. and it will be your last.`` We'll write the tension building off to the heat of the battle. Payne hadn't bothered to turn to face Zurd, there was no reasoning for it.

orsal

LEW Judge
hero4hire said:
OOC: are they running into darkness? or can Kol still see the areas they are running to?

The only lights in the room are on the walls, and the room extends beyond their range. Kol cannot see where they are going.

hero4hire

Explorer
Kol's breathed long ragged breaths as he saw his another of his opponents run off into the darkness. He huffed and puffed and then let out a primal cry of rage.

Lot

First Post
Lokin sees the orcs disappear into the darkness beyond the reach of his eyes. Cursing softly, he looks back to his group.

"We can expect either a counterattack when reinforcements arrive or an ambush if we proceed. This is not the fight I expected or the tactical position we were hoping for during our little game of orcish diplomacy. But there was an obvious failure of communication within our ranks regarding a plan. All in all, we're all still alive and in better condition than last time.

Lokin examines the grisly scene around him.

"I say we use this door behind us as a chokepoint for their counterattack. Kol and I could provide a rotating solid front, Zurd supplying secondary attacks from behind with his polearm and spells. Payne could provide hit-and-run attacks as they come in the door. We could whiddle them down as they come in the door. Kongu and Kyle would provide support and fill holes if anyone dropped. I say we prepare for this attack. If they don't come, then we start looting that pool of water. If that still doesn't bring them out, we take our haul out of here while we still can. Then we return and mop up the complex later, when they've all but forgotten us. What say you?"

Lokin stops speaking, awaiting criticism on his plan.

Remove ads