Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging) [Concluded]

orsal

LEW Judge
The door opens to a room about 20' wide, stretching to the right farther than you can see. There is a large wooden chest of drawers on the left wall, and a door about 40' down the far wall. Otherwise, you just see rows and rows of empty beds. A couple have mattresses, very old and worn and tattered; most don't even have that much sign of life.

Most. Not all. On one bed, there is a dwarf, alive, making the moaning/grunting sounds Payne mentioned. He is shackled to the bed by all four limbs, and appears very uncomfortable.

He gives a start when he sees you. "Whaa.. who are you?"

Code:
--------d----     b=bed
|bbbbDbb  bbb     D=dwarf on bed
|c                c=chest of drawers
|bbbbbbb  bbb     d=door
-d-----------
You
are
here

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Payne steps aside to let the men rush by, and can't help but chuckle when all they find on the other side is a dwarf. ``Oo. You look ferocious. Rawr.`` Of course, the whole thing was rather amusing. Don'tcha think? They were all gung-ho about busting down the door and tearing whatever lay on the other side to shreds, and its just a prisoner. ``Well, m'friend, seems we may be your knights in shining armor.``

Lot

First Post
Lokin looks at the dwarf with concern, not quite trusting the situation. Realizing that he might be acting paranoid, he quickly heads over to the dwarf and checks on his shackles.

"Who are we? We're just some people exploring this structure; trying to make a bit of money. Better question is: Who are you? How did you get into this mess?"

orsal

LEW Judge
The dwarf looks a bit relieved at the news.

"Thengor is the name. Do you think you could get me out of this? My buddies and I heard some orcs had been seen near here, and came to help. The orcs ambushed us. My buds were all killed, and they captured me. A dwarf in pain is an orc's idea of entertainment."

Lot

First Post
Lokin moves forward towards the dwarf cautiously, looking for unseen dangers in the room.

"Well, Thengor, you are in luck. We take no pleasure in the torture of dwarves. Let's get you out of here."

He looks back towards Payne.

"You think you can handle the locks on these shackles?"

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Speak for yourself, Lokin. Payne knew better than to actually say those words as she made way towards the constrained dwarf. ``How do I know you're not lying?`` She was keeping her distance, just in case this was a trap. Hey! Can you blame a girl for being cautious? Hand rested 'absently' upon the hilt of a dagger.
( Sense Motive (1d20+2=22) )

Remove ads