Eyes Of The Lich Queen OOC

Velmont

First Post
Not only I don't oppose to the idea of someone taking Jina, I hope to see that. How much modification you can do to Jina will be hope to DEFCON1, but I think as long as you fit with the spirit of the original concept, I think it will be good. Look at Jango, at first, he was suppose to be a Warmage and nothing told he was dragonmarked. I choose to go for a sorcerer instead and I gave him a dragonmark. The result? It gave the main drive of teh character and see where it has put him :p

And you are right, I expect Jina to follow Jango even if Jango go away exactly to be far away from Jina, or should I say, to keep the Daelkyr far from Jina.

ethandrew

First Post
I wanted to say that I won't be submitting something, as I cannot find a good grasp for a character and I'm still not comfortable playing in Eberron for some crazy reason. However, I have played with Autumn, Mista, Vertexx, and Voda and they're all excellent Role-Players. You can't go wrong with any of them.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Okay folks, here's where things stand with everybody...

Mista Collins: Rogan is in a good place right now as far as why he's where he is. All that's left is to give a little bit of background of where he came from, and what drove him to join the Daggerspell Guardians in Newthrone. Also, please do a full stat for him when you get a chance. Am I correct in assuming you did not want to take either Daggerspell prestige class (Mage or Shaper)? Your urban development leads me to think you're sticking with Rogue 5?

Unkabear: Aern is in a very good place as well, I am liking where he is headed. As the next step, please do up a set of stats for him when you can. He will be Bard 5? Also, if you wouldn't mind write up maybe 2 or 3 different "identities" that Aern uses on occasion to do his job... three or four sentences on each should be fine. One might be that friar you mentioned, and one should be more militaristic (an adept or cleric of the church), which is the identity you will be travelling under as part of the crusade (under orders from Nevillom to watch and listen to the soldiers as you travel to find any insubordination).

Autumn: I am absolutely fine with you wanting to take over Jina Silversun. You'll see quite a bit of Jina posts in the game thread... the ones at the beginning were when she was a PC, the ones toward the end are the ones I NPC'd for her. You'll find her original character sheet in this thread RIGHT HERE. When statting out the character to 5th level, you can adjust and adapt it as you see fit... but please try and remain faithful to the character as established. But whether you make her a swashbuckler 5, or a straight fighter 5, or a mix of the two, or whatever... that can be up to you. Let me know what kind of build you'd be thinking of.

Vertexx69: Unfortunately, I've been trying to wrap my mind around your character and how it might fit into Eberron. Since it sounds like you are not familiar with the campaign setting at all, I can tell you that half-dragons, dragonborn, dragon disciples and the like are virtually unheard of (at least in civilized Khorvaire). In fact, one of the most famous NPC villains in the entire setting is a half-dragon lich who became undead because she was persecuted by the elves and dragons for her half-dragon heritage. So in this particular game and where these characters are, I just really can't justify having a dragonborn character in the group. Normally I'd ask you to make some adaptations to the character, but as you've played this specific one before, I wouldn't expect you to really want to do that. Now if you are really interested in playing this game rather than just this character of yours... by all means please feel free to write up another potential character concept and I'd be happy to look at it. But for this game, Battlemaster will have to be a no-go. Sorry. :(

Voda Vosa: I have not yet had a chance to look at the Player's Guide to Eberron yet... so I'm still up in the air about how best to approach your character with regards to his being a shugenja. That class is the sticking point, because I know how I'd like to use the class with regards to the current plot... but also don't want to give away any secrets. Actually, if you wouldn't mind... could you email me at fishase (a) yahoo.com? I'll be able to speak with you privately about what I'd like to see happen with Krorn to get him lined up with the game. If you could do that, I'd appreciate it and will be able to speak more freely about why I'm requesting certain things. Thanx!

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
At this point, I think we have enough player interest that I'm going to close recruitment at this point (besides Vertexx69 if he wanted to create another concept). With the five potential players we have lined up (Mista Collins, Unkabear, Vertexx69, Voda Vosa, Autumn), that will be enough to fill our our party.

drothgery

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
Okay folks, here's where things stand with everybody...

Autumn: I am absolutely fine with you wanting to take over Jina Silversun. You'll see quite a bit of Jina posts in the game thread... the ones at the beginning were when she was a PC, the ones toward the end are the ones I NPC'd for her. You'll find her original character sheet in this thread RIGHT HERE. When statting out the character to 5th level, you can adjust and adapt it as you see fit... but please try and remain faithful to the character as established. But whether you make her a swashbuckler 5, or a straight fighter 5, or a mix of the two, or whatever... that can be up to you. Let me know what kind of build you'd be thinking of.

Of course, there's always the build I kicked around assuming Khalia discovered Jango's secret, took Leadership the next level, and took Jina as her cohort, which was Swashbuckler 3/Archivist 1/Exorcist of the Silver Flame :)

Autumn

First Post
Oooh! It's an intriguing idea that Jina might have fallen in with the Crusade. Though I could only really see that happening if she found out about Jango's pet demon - I imagine she'd need to be quite shaken up before she'd consider something like that.

Maybe if she found out and so wanted to follow him, but found that her only real chance to do so was to join with the Crusade - and then, being rather susceptible at the time to any suggestions that might help her ward off demonic influence, she could have accepted schooling and training.

That might be a lot of fun.

The alternative would be to have her the same bubbly and irascible Jina as ever - probably Swashbuckler 3/Rogue or Fighter 2. In which case she wouldn't have found out about Jango's secret, and would be following simply because a) he was acting oddly and she was worried and b) she'd be damned if he was going off on an adventure without her.

I can see either option working pretty well. Velmont, Defcon, do either of you have any strong feelings?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The crusade is pretty far way, and Jina was still in town when Khalia left for it, so I think its a bit doubtful. I think the other storyline makes more sense (and more dramatic tension that way as no one is the wiser... yet)

but that's my 2 cents

Velmont

First Post
First thing, Jina doesn't know about Jango's bound with a Daelkyr yet... nobody knows yet, it just happen. If we start when Jango tells he is leaving Seawell, it will be the first meeting of Jina with the AotS Jango.

It might be an idea for Jina to evolve in that direction, but that would be once she learn Jango secret, and Jango will hide that knowledge to Jina to protect her from it.

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:
The crusade is pretty far way, and Jina was still in town when Khalia left for it, so I think its a bit doubtful. I think the other storyline makes more sense (and more dramatic tension that way as no one is the wiser... yet)

I tend to agree, really. If she wants a direction to be pointed at to try and help her brother (after we've put some pieces together in-character), Khalia will certainly give her a push in the direction of the people she thinks are the most capable at that sort of thing (which are the Exorcists of the Silver Flame). But in-character, no one knows about Jango's daelkyr connection just yet (even Jango doesn't really understand what he's bound himself to).

Remove ads