Eyes Of The Lich Queen OOC

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hmmm hill and mountain can be used? I'm asking all this because I dont have any surce of information of eberron, could you inform me of available dwarven subraces?

drothgery

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
Hmmm hill and mountain can be used? I'm asking all this because I dont have any surce of information of eberron, could you inform me of available dwarven subraces?

Generally speaking, Eberron doesn't do subraces.

ethandrew

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
Brother Donovan - Male Human Cleric
Brother Tod Ellston - Male Human Cleric

If I could get more information on these two, that would be peachy! Or possibly what pages they are on in the IC thread?

Edit: Another question.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
ethandrew said:
If I could get more information on these two, that would be peachy! Or possibly what pages they are on in the IC thread?
Tod is quite the lady's man, or at least that' the impression I got from him. :)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Thanx for all the support guys! Glad to hear that everyone's willing to adjust as needed! I appreciate it!

Here are a few more tweaks to think about for your characters, which will help get them aligned into where the campaign is and make it easier to drop them in as we go forward.

Mista Collins: Ah yes... I see where you were coming from now (having gone back into the Guardians entry in CAd). Let me see if I can throw out some ideas here that you can pick up on and get Rogan aligned to what the current situation is with the Guardians. I probably should have gone into more detail like this in the beginning, so allow me to apologize.

In this particular Eberron campaign... I use the Guardians as protector adventurers... more for the common man than the Houses are, since the Houses do most of their work for cash. There has been a Guardian HQ in Newthrone for several years.

There is another side of the Guardians (which the Valenar elf trainer Zendarrill Lorren is a high-ranking member of) that isn't urban. Because of many of the Daggerspell's druidic traditions, they take on many of the duties here in the west that the Gatekeepers do way out east in the Eldeen Reaches and Demon Wastes... protecting various sites from the Age of Demons... especially ones that have locked away many daelkyr and other fiends. They don't replace the Gatekeepers (there are still several Gatekeeper sects in Q'Barra, the Lhazaar Principalities. etc.), but are a supplement to them.

Zendarrill Lorren is a journeying teacher. He travels from Aerenal through Q'Barra, through Valenar, through the Talenta Plains... teaching interested people about wilderness survival... and then subtly pushing the tenets of the Guardians as they learn. Many students then decide to join the organization when they discover what the Guardians do.

We could easily say that Rogan has worked with the Guardians in Newthrone for quite a while now, helping the misfortunate who occasionally need a hero. This way you'd be able to stay a more urban rogue (biggest thing to remember though is that you have to fight with twin daggers, which for a rogue is not really a problem). However, when Zendarrill arrived back in Q'Barra three months ago after one of his long journey trips, he required most of the Guardians from the city to join him (and the small contingent already stationed there) at the ruins site. Thus you've been stuck in the woods for three months guarding the campsite while Zendarrill and the more wilderness-oriented Guardians have been making forays into the ruins' dungeons and caverns.

If we take this as a basis for Rogan, you can design the rest of the character from there. Urban rogue, fights with two daggers, proudly joined the protective adventurer organization called the Daggerspell Guardians several years ago for whatever reasons you choose. Had worked out of the Guardian HQ in Newthrone, but three months ago the Valenar called you to serve in the woods and you've been guarding this site ever since (and are itching to get back). Use this as a starting point, and let's see what takes you from there! Awesome!

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Unkabear: To be honest... the changeling thing didn't bother me, it was the unaffiliated gumshoe concept that I was finding difficult to incorporate (since there wasn't a reason for a freelance private investigator to be brought on the crusade to the north - a purely martial endeavor). The only outsiders from the templars of the church being brought are mercenaries like Ari.

That being said... your adaptations are intriguing to me. Now that I have a better grasp of what directon you're happy to go with, let's see what we can do to bring the character more into focus. I very much like the idea of Aern being an agent for the Church (and thus him being a changeling works fine for me). Rather than Seawell though, let's assume he works out of Newthrone, the capital city (since it's already been established that Seawell is relatively small, and there's only a couple members of the Flame who live there and run the small temple).

The current head of the Silver Flame in Q'Barra is Elder Samuel Nevillom, who operates out of the village of Wyrmwatch. Let's say that this "Cardinal" you mentioned in the bio was in fact Elder Nevillom. You had been opperating out of Thrane, a friar sent you to Wyrmwatch in Q'Barra for some reason (not important necessarily), and once you arrived Elder Nevillom hired you to go to Newthrone and be a set of eyes and ears for the Church. The Elder is and has always been a rather paranoid man, and once you arrived you started feeding info to the Newthrone Flame leader Cerril Maise (a female shifter Exorcist of the Silver Flame), as well as sending additional info to Nevillom back in Wyrmwatch through Sending Stones and such.

When the current situation of people claiming to have seen the return of werebeasts to the shores of Whitecliff River, you were one of the first people to get wind of it, pass the info along, as well as be one of the investigators into the situation once Nevillom decided things were grave. Khalia ir'Indari has done much research into the notes and statements from the people who claimed to have seen the werebeasts, and it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that much of that paperwork is probably in your hand. Your inclusion in the crusade is thus more plausible, especially if you might be masquerading currently as someone else... still keeping your eyes and ears open and reporting what you hear to the Elder.

How does this sound? If this works for you, you can fill in whatever details around this you would like, as well as start working on a character sheet. You sticking with Bard 5? That's fine if you do. A level of the Spymaster prestige class wouldn't be out of the question either if you wanted.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Voda Vosa: I think I'm going to have to hit my local bookstore and glance through the Player's Guide To Eberron to see what they say about shugenjas. Because the one thing I didn't get from your bio was the dragon-worship, which is what stonegod said was the main basis of the Path Of Elemental Masters (and is the one thing that really hinges on the class being able to be incorporated in the current game). I also had mentioned that you'd have to align yourself with silver dragons and take on the element of air (rather than earth)... but perhaps what I'm thinking of is not what the Player's Guide is talking about when they mention 8 orders for the 8 kinds of true dragon. I need to find out if shugenjas really fit in the way I'm thinking.

The other real stumbling block I have is that most of your bio is all about what Krorn was before he joined the Daggerspell Guardians. As I said in the previous post, the foundation of the character really needed to be about being a devout student of Zendarrill and his beliefs (having followed him for years), and the beliefs of the Daggerspell Guadians. Unfortunately, most of your bio was all about assassins and poisons and such back in the Mror Holds... stuff that doesn't have any real impact on the character's current situation.

If you take a look a couple posts up at what I just wrote to Mista Collins, that goes into a little more detail about what Zendarrill Lorren and the Daggerspell Guardians are up to. And I really need to see more of a connection between Krorn and Zendarrill than just "Krorn got captured by him, he told him about this completely seperate event he was working on, he then got released and followed the elf around for three years". Once I go ahead and read up in the Player's Guide about the orders of shugenja, I'll have a better idea of how Krorn can be incorporated more fully.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
ethandrew: Both Brother Donovan and Brother Tod Ellston are high-ranking clerics in the Church of the Silver Flame. Because they are made squad leaders in this crusade and battle to the north, they both should be strong, well-respected, and have military or combat experience. They were chosen to be leaders in this battle for a reason.

Brother Donovan has had nothing written about him thus far other than he's male, he's human, and he's a cleric. He probably also has lived and worked in Q'Barra for quite a long time (either in the capital Newthrone, or perhaps over in Adderport or north in Whitecliff). He's probably had much responsibility within the Church, which is why he'd probably come from one of those larger New Galifar cities. Anything else is open to you.

Brother Tod Ellston has appeared before quite a bit. Start here on Page 20 of the game thread and you'll be able to follow him along. He is an older gentleman (probably mid to late 40's) and is a retired Knight Templar who had been living the past several years in the town of Pitchwall to the southwest. He bears a few scars across his face from what look to be claws... so he obviously has seen battle. Human cleric, exceedingly charismatic and good looking, enjoys the finer things in life now that he's retired (especially the ladies). Like Brother Donovan, since he's assigned duty as a squad leader he's probably a very good military man. His charisma probably makes him more of an inspirational leader, whereas Donovan might be more tactical. Other than that, you're free to make them as you see fit. Thanx!

Remove ads