Eyes Of The Lich Queen OOC

ethandrew

First Post
Judging by this I would go Brother Donovan's route, seeing as he really has no established character and it gives me a lot more freedom for personality. How soon are you looking at getting your IC started?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The actual game probably wouldn't start until at least the beginning of June, if not a few days further into it. You have time.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I also had mentioned that you'd have to align yourself with silver dragons and take on the element of air (rather than earth)
I though that must be the case if I join the silver crusade

As I said in the previous post, the foundation of the character really needed to be about being a devout student of Zendarrill and his beliefs (having followed him for years), and the beliefs of the Daggerspell Guadians.
I'm sorry for that, I really didn't know much about the philosophy of the daggerspell guardians. That's why I didn't dig to much in that part of the bio. But as I gather more info I'll be updating my bio with it, making it more complete, and stablishing a more real connection betwen the two pcs

In the Dragon cult thing, I was not sure how to slice that in. I could just stated at the beggining of the bio, that the dwarfs where Dragon worshipers insted of a simple lyceum of shugenjas. But since I didn't realy know about that cult, I rather put that the way I did just to not screw up things. But as I say before, I will update it when I get more info.
The bio I posted is just an approach, think I should mention that earlier hehe.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Cool Voda... as I said, let me go check out the Player's Guide so I have a better idea of how shugenjas fit into Eberron, and thus I'll have a better grasp of how to merge your thoughts on the character with where the group stands right now. Thanx!

Voda Vosa

First Post
No, thanks to you ^^ I'm a complete neofite in Eberron, I have find only the map pf the continent and explore it a bit, Q'Barra is quite next to the dwarven realm, isn't it?

drothgery

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
No, thanks to you ^^ I'm a complete neofite in Eberron, I have find only the map pf the continent and explore it a bit, Q'Barra is quite next to the dwarven realm, isn't it?

Well, the Mror Holds are dominated by the dwarves (and that's the only place like that in Khorvaire -- the main continent of Eberron), and they're not far from Q'Barra. But, just to toss out an example, there's a very large dwarven presense in Breland, and that's pretty nearly on the other side of the continent.

Mista Collins

First Post
Excellent DEFCON. Everything you suggested was aligned with what I was thinking for Rogan. I will start stating him out a little more completely, get a little more in depth with his background and end up with a smooth transition as the finished product.

Vertexx69

First Post
I like how you run the separate story lines Defcon.

Battlehammer is a driven young …man, who’s family was torn from him by evil. He seeks it out wherever he happens to be and could fit into a crusade easily, (as vast planar rifts created by evil outsider magic destroyed his homeland). And did I see something about an evil dragon cult? Dragonborn were created with the express purpose of routing out and destroying the spawn of evil dragons and their followers :) The Church of the Silver Flame would be a natural place for a champion of good, especially one that can shoot silver flames from his mouth :). He might even be considered a prophet or emissary.

On a side note, how different is eberron from standard D&D 3.5? I read the wiki about the system, and the classes look the same, as do the skills (though I'm not sure what the point system you are using is, after every skill roll). Is equipment the same prices and is money the same?
[sblock=Stat Block]Titus Moraphim Sebastion (aka Battlehammer)
Level 5 Cleric of travel & war
Dragonborn Human
Humanoid, dragonblooded

Hit Dice: 8+4D8 (35)
Speed: 20 ft.
Armor Class: 22/24 (+9 full plate, +3 heavy steel shield, +2 dodge vs dragon type)

Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+6

Attack: silver warhammer +8 (1D8 +2/X3)

Special Attacks:
Breath Weapon 2D8 25ft line (acid, cold, electricity or fire - tbd on each use) ref 14 for 1/2 - usable every 1D4 rounds

Special Qualities:
Turn/Destroy Undead 10/day - check = 1D20+6 / damage =(2D6+5+3)X1.5
Aura of good
Immune to dragon fear
Draconic Aspect (Heart)

Saves: Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +7

Abilities: (base, + racial, + lvl)
Str 14 +2 (14)
Dex 10 +0 (12, -2)
Con 10 +0 (8, +2)
Int 8 -1 (8)
Wis 16 +3 (15, +1)
Cha 16 +3 (16)

Skills: (10 pts)
Concentrate 1 +4
Heal 4 +7
Knowledge Religion 5 +4 (gives +2 synergy to turn checks)

Feats:
Dragon Tail - Have Dragon tail secondary natural weapon that deals 1D6 +1 Bludg. Dmg.
Dragon Wings - +10 racial bonus to jump checks, glide speed 30 (avg) only ever take 1d6 from falling any distance.
Empower Turning - Multiply turn dmg by 1.5 (2D6+5+3)X1.5
Disciple of the Sun - can spend 2 turning attempts to destroy anything that would be turned

Alignment: Lawful Good

Stuff: (9k)
+1 Spiked Heavy Steel Shield 1180
+1 Full Plate 2,650
Wand of CLW 750
+1 Alchemical Silver Warhammer 2562
Cold Iron MW Longspear 610
Potion of shieldX4 200
Potion of Shield of faithX4 200
potion of see invisible 300
Vials of holy waterX4 100
Powdered silver 20lbs. 100
Adventuring kit (clothes, backpack, bedroll, oilX5, torchesX5, rationsX5, spell pouch) 20
Foldable shrine of good 30

243gp

Spells: 5/4+1/3+1/2+1/
I'll be putting an asterisk* next to them as I cast, so you know what’s left :cool:

Lvl 0: ResistanceX2, Create water, Light, Detect magic
Lvl 1: Nimbus of light, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Sanctuary, +Magic Weapon
Lvl 2: Consecrate, Eagles splendor, Lesser restoration, Resist energy, +spiritual weapon
Lvl 3: Dispel magic, Searing light, +Fly[/sblock]
[sblock=History]Titus Moraphim Sebastion's earliest memories were of being spirited away by his family, in the middle of the night. The fiery glow from the burning ruin that used to be their home lighting up the storm clouds of the entire valley. The hooting dark laughs from behind told him it was no accident. His parents and his 5 older brothers were his world, so where they lived didn't really matter so much.

Later there was a tugging at the small boy's mind, he stirred in his fitful slumber, but his mother drew him closer and he settled back down.

A few years later, Titus was ripped from his dreams, by the roar of flames, once again. The family rushed into the night hand-in-hand, but this time the darkness that harried their existence took a much heavier toll than just a home. A tepid gust of putrid breath, a sharp jerk with a wet spray, and his mother torn from his grasp by what seemed to be the very night itself. The oppressive thwumping wing-beats roiling the dust and smoke gave the Sebastion boys a clearer picture of the kinds of monsters that were hunting them. The loss hit them hard for many years after that.

Again that night, a gentle push at the edges of his mind. But in his boundless grief Titus ignored the call, mourning his mothers loss.

His family swore an oath to never let it happen again. They began to train themselves for the invisible war that was being waged against this simple family, always on the move. Joining battle after battle, they fought any opponent that might be linked to the darkness across the lands. As time passed, the Sebastions became legendary soldiers, and simply the presence of one the family seemed to assure victory.

The Sebastion Academy was founded deep in the northern mountains, drawing hundreds of students from across the land. They trained thousands over the next several years, but always in the back of Titus' mind were the flames. They often intruded on his dreams, so when Battlehammer awoke from under his pile of women to the sounds of the citadel's magical alarms, which he had helped put in place, it took a moment to realize what was actually happening - a full scale assault.

The very clouds were melting under the fury of the fiery tides that swept toward the keep. Winged fiends flew through the lighted night, and horrors rode on the backs of great dark dragons belching flaming death to all who stood before them. The hills beneath them black with demons and undead hordes. Magics shot across the skies for hours in both directions and in every color under heaven. Eventually numbers on both sides started to dwindle, then the very fabrics of space started to be rent right in the middle of castle.

It soon became clear that no undead could stand before Titus' might but he could do little against foes not chained to the ground, though the withering hails of arrows from his brothers were doing their part from the battlements. Battlehammer was on the field healing wounds when it happened and could only stare on in horror as the Academy he had built fell to ruin. Parts exploded, other sections simply vanished as the churning black void subsided.

As the sun rose, it was clear that neither side could call this a victory. His brothers were gone, but he couldn't find any bodies. He didn't know if they were dead or thrown across the planes, but they were beyond his reach either way. The throngs of corpses covered the battlefield; some of the undead fell to dust as the first rays of sun hit them.

Titus stood utterly alone amongst the carnage, steam rising from the bodies, the numbness replaced by rage. And this time when the call beckoned there was nothing to keep him from answering it. Suddenly he was standing on a rippling landscape before the great platinum dragon Bahamut and offered the power to seek his vengeance on the evil dragons that had destroyed his life - and he seized the opportunity.

Over the next day he crafted the shell as instructed, sealing himself inside while reciting the words of devotion. Emerging at dawn, Battlehammer looked around at the world with new eyes. His platinum scaled flesh felt strong and strange and new. An odd burning started to coil in his gut and a stream of energy blasted from his lips. [/sblock]
[sblock=Eberron tie-in]After a couple of small modifications to his full plate, He was ready to begin his hunt again. Glancing amongst the myriad rifts that were slowly tearing his world apart. He chose a hole through which he could see a place that looked similar to his own world and stepped through, unafraid.

To his immediate surprise however, he found himself falling from a great height over an expansive forest. He fell for almost a minute before remembering his wings, and unfurling them with a snap of new skin that stung from the sudden stop of his fall. He didn’t notice a town, even from this height, so he turned toward the wooded area’s edge, and tried to take solace in an intact world during his descent.

After a while he noticed a pair of metal lines on the ground. Next to these lines were 3 scout type fellows riding hard, with ghouls nipping at their heals, so he angled toward them instead. With a grand flourish, and a heavy ka-clank he landed behind the ghouls letting loose a roar that surprised everyone (including himself). And lifting his hammer, even as the ghouls turned toward the slower prey, 4 of the 6 were blasted to ash by the might of his conviction. As the other 2 charged to close the gap, Titus opened his mouth and unleashed a sizzling 5ft wide line of silver eldritch flame through both of them. Reducing them to tumbling piles of charcoal that stopped, smoking at his clawed feet.

The riders had wheeled and were returning to the newcomer. Each was sporting a tunic with a silver flame emblazoned on it. Their eyes were wide with disbelief as they came to a stop and raised a hand. They bore several wounds and had obviously been riding for days as Battlehammer’s gaze fell evenly on them. “Dismount soldiers and approach. I can take care of those wounds if you would kindly tell me of place.”

The grateful scouts made camp there for the night, and told tales of Eberron into the dusk, amidst the constant pestering to breath the flame again. They gave Battlehammer thanks in the morning and asked if he would like to accompany them back to the city, to which he humbly agreed.

The city was huge by his world’s standards. The scouts rode in formation around him as they showed him the way to the Church of the Silver Flame. Several townsfolk openly blanched at the site of the platinum dragonoid, but catch themselves as his gracious smile and smoothly eloquent speech put them at ease as he spoke with his companions. Tipping his hat to the lovely ladies on the street. Up the steps to the church and a new beginning. Titus was welcomed into the fold and into a new home. And when the time of the crusade began he was ready.[/sblock]
[sblock=Description]This 6ft6 tall creature is broadly muscled to the point of being lumbering. At a solid 260lbs, without equipment, his platinum scales make him look likes he's actually carved of precious metal instead of living flesh except for his glowing golden eyes. And the tail and wings belay the possibility that he is anything other than a representative of the platinum dragon-god Bahamut, and a force for good. When he speaks, energy occasionally crackles between his sharp teeth. His full plate and shield are well worn from the life of war that this cleric has known.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Unkabear

First Post
Aern has done work for many organizations originally working freelance for the militia and clandestine guilds alike, but eventually found himself working near constantly for one organization. The church of the Silver Flame. It began simply with a friar asking him to perform a simple task. He was sent to find a certain individual within a community. It was a simple task and for it a man who was an accused Blood of Vol was removed from the community. As to the location or condition of this man Aern never asked. But as it was the friar was grateful as the word of the Silver Flame could be more aptly preached in the community. The little known bard in Thrane began to receive more and more assignments from the Silver Flame. Aern began to find himself drawn to the teachings of the Church of the Silver Flame, believing that the world could indeed be purified and that he could be a part of it.

It was within this time that he was approached by a Friar to visit Wyrmwatch on an assignment. It was there that his assignment was overridden by a higher authority. It would seem that the Silver Flame had other plans for him and the minor mission bringing him to Wyrmwatch was nothing more than to bring him to the Elder Samuel Nevillom.

The Elder Nevillom sent Aern to Newthrone to be another set of Eyes and Ears for the Church. This Aern took to with a passion. Though once there he reported to Cerril Maise, unbeknownst to Maise Aern was also continuing to send his reports to Elder Samuel Nevillom.

Then rumors began to filter through Newthrone. Aern was swift to catch the whispers on the breeze and filter the truth from the lies. Word quickly spread to the church that upon the shores of the Whitecliff River the beginnings of a lycanthrope plague had begun. Quickly Aern found himself amongst a group of merchants travelling there to investigate and gather more concrete information. Between his own investigation and the research of Khalia ir'Indari Aern has learned much about the coming plague and all of this information has been filtered back to the church, but what information each of his masters have received differs according to his loyalties within the Church.

I would be happy to play something such as this. Since it would work well I will go back to Changeling as I still can find myself enjoying the possibilities the most. If he did not have the paperwork of Khalia ir'Indari, then at least he would have a remarkable forgery of the research. Being a Changeling would allow him to be who he would need to be at any time with a greater ease than straight human. Looking over the Spymaster I think I would go Bard all 5 levels. The Spymaster though nice, just doesn’t make much sense for a Changeling IMO. His loyalty to Elder Samuel Nevillom trumps that of Cerril Maise, and the information that he gives to the two of them shows it as Nevillom always seems to know more than Maise, at least in what information Aern gives to them.

Let me know what changes I may need to make to his history to make it flow with the story better. I will also begin to stat out the character as well. I will have him up as quickly as I can, but I wouldn't expect it before tomorrow or Saturday morning.

Edit: As for posing as someone else it would not be a stretch for Aern to be posing as a Friar or a Pilgrim, still playing the bard, but spinning tales of the Silver Flame. This would allow him to get close to the group, but when he needs to be someone else he could be, changing his identity like one would change hats.

Last edited:

Autumn

First Post
After a scan through the IC thread I'm more excited about this than ever, and I'm pondering the possibility of taking on Jina. She seemed to me like a solid concept, and if only her poster had been a little more active then she could have been a lot of fun. I also liked what I saw of the relationship between her and Jango. Basically I think it's a real shame that circumstances deprived her of the airtime she deserved, and I'd love to remedy that. :)

Of course I'd put my own twist on her - hopefully Defcon and Velmont will both agree that there's room for that? - but I'd try to keep her faithful to the original concept.

The way I see it, it's not at all likely that she would accept whatever excuses Jango made when he left. She would have followed him on his journey just as soon as she could leave a note and get away. Whatever trials she's faced while following her brother's trail can presumably account for the experience and skill she'd have gained since last time - and Defcon, I'd also be very happy to bite down on any story hooks you want to throw into that journey and go swimming on with them to meet up with the others. ;)

But before I took her on I'd want to be sure that you were happy with that Velmont. I know that I wouldn't want somebody stepping into the shoes of my character's sister unless I had some faith in them, so... well, just say if you'd rather I didn't.

Some links to current games so you guys can get an impression of my writing/rp:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=196028
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=196218
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=194958

I haven't been playing around these parts very long, so sorry I don't have much of a record at the moment. But that should at least give you some taste of whether you think I'm right for the game, I hope.

Remove ads