Eyes Of The Lich Queen

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari arches an eyebrow. "Just because he was from Sarlona does not mean he returned there." He turns to the studious ones. "Do we know where the group left after? If they stayed together even? I'm fine staying on, though we'll have to be careful about this Emerald Claw business as well."

drothgery

First Post
Velmont said:
OOC: I think you meant Least Dragonmark, and not lesser.

"Sarlona? Isn't it the old continent of the human, now ruled by some psychic rulers? All I have heard it is there border is closed, but I am not very familiar with that continent." asks Jango.

OOC: Even the 'psychic' part about the Inspired is not common knowledge, I think. Especially since psionics are rare in Khorvaire, especially outside of the Kalashtar community.

"More than that, there was almost no contact between Sarlona and Khorvaire between the establishment of the last colonies that would grow into the human nations of Khorvaire over two thousand years ago and fairly recent times." Khalia says.

"I wonder if it is significant that this must have happened just before Galifar I conquered most of Khorvaire, or shortly after." She thought out loud.

Mista Collins

First Post
"Whether it is Khorvaire, Sarlona, Xen'drik, or anywhere else; I agree to stay on and provide my services." Rogan says as he paces the room a bit. The rogue has hardly stopped since returning from the jungle. It could be the bustle of a large city that has him excited, but his companions will probably know it is do to the week's events."This new information might help us better understand what has happened to us. Where do we find this Jheamast and the rest of his group? Any leads?"

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Sur'Kil smiles when the four adventurers all pledge to continue the work that he's put forth, and he glances over at Brother Donovan for a quick confirmation from him as well.

He continues on with what he knows. "The full truth of what happened to Jheamast and his party is long since lost, but I have heard one rumor that I must share wiht you. Jheamast is said to have died in the Lhazaar Principalities some years after his time in Q'Barra, but the Sarlonan's companions who manifested these new and changed marks were all dead within a year of their entering Kha'shazul."

He leans forward and raises his eyebrows. "It is said that at least one was apparently consumed from within by the power of the mark she bore. Dark legends surround many who carry the so-called aberrant marks... and these tales of Jheamast's party could be no less fanciful. I myself believe that most of these stories to be superstition and speculation... especially in this day and age. However, if the legends surrounding this specific party are true, discovering why Jheamast lived while his compatriots didn't might be your only chance of survival. This altar's power seems to be more powerful than anything else I've seen or heard about."

A knock is then heard at the door, and it opens quickly. Jakk Corren strides in, nods hello to the party members around the table, and then addresses his leader. "Charter's in, sir. The Swiftwind will be leaving port tomorrow and cruising straight to Lhazaar."

"Good. Very good," the elf replies. He looks back at the party. "I have chartered a galleon to take you all to the Principalities. Seeking clues of Jheamast's activities in the isles will no doubt take some time. This galleon remains charters for your use, and I will leave a supply of sending stones by which you can keep me appraised of your progress. I cannot accompany you, for Zendarrill Lorren must get back on the road. I have postponed my training circles around the southeast for far too long."

"Is there anything you might need before you leave?"

stonegod

Ari did not take well the news that the Temple may have started to kill the others, though he felt his long association with his own mark would keep him safe. But he kept quiet. Instead, he asked simply, "Where to start? The Principalities are a large area, and not exactly well civilized."

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

Donovan nods when the elf looks to him for his consent. The others, he figures, have said what needs saying.

At the revelation, though, that his new mark might one day soon consume him, the cleric's eyes widen slightly, and he looks to see how the others have reacted. He'd just begun seeing this mark as a random blessing; now it might turn out to be a curse.

"I think I'm more or less ready," he says, steering wide of talking about the implications of the group's continued mortality. "Though if we're taking a boat, I may want to ask the Flame for some different blessings..."

[sblock=OOC]I adjusted spells prepped in an attempt to have stuff more useful for marine encounters:

orisons (5, DC 13): Detect Poison, Mending, Create Water, Guidance x2
1st level(4+1, DC 14): Divine Favor, Obscuring Mist, Entropic Shield, Remove Fear, Sanctuary(D)
2nd level (3+1, DC 15): Blessed Aim, Make Whole, Spiritual Weapon, Magic Circle against Evil(D)
3rd level (2+1, DC 16): Water Breathing, Wind Wall, Searing Light(D)[/sblock]

Mista Collins

First Post
"I need nothing," Rogan says. "I am all set to head out."

The rogues mortality was never a serious thought. He lived his life how he pleased and at times on the dangerous side, but he had control of most of that. This dragonmark on the other hand worried him even more now because it was something he couldn't control. he might not be able to prevent it from consuming him, but he will not sit by and just let it happen. Following this Jheamast lead might be the only way to stop it, or reverse its effects completely.

"Ari brings up a valid point. Is there any word or writings of where Jheamast was last seen in the Principalities? Or shall we just go to a port and start searching the haystack?"

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Sur'Kil raises his hand to his face and rubs his chin, as he thinks for a moment. "Jheamast was reportedly buried with all his worldly possessions on the haunted isle of Trebaz Sinara, in the northern principalities. The exact location of the tomb remains a mystery, but it is said that an explorer named Eliam ir'Veldras found it not two years back. What became of him, none can say. However, his father, Yellin ir'Veldras, is a wealthy textiles merchant in the capitol of Regalport. Perhaps his father might know something about Eliam's whereabouts or his journey to the isle?"

stonegod

Ari nods, then looks at the others. "Looks we'll be shipbound. Unless someone wants to do some digging on the island, Jheamast, or ir'Veldras, I suggest we leave first light. If you need any provisions, I suggest getting them now as well."

Ari stands, stretching, and prepares for the journey.

Remove ads