• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eyes Of The Lich Queen

Mista Collins

First Post
Rogan has remained silent during most this time, still trying to collect his thoughts. How dare Sur'Kil question if ir'Tharvar was his true family name? It was the only name he has known. But it would not be a surprise if one of his ancestors had some form of dalliance with an Orien, and might explain why the Mark of Passage.

When Ari reveals his mark, Rogan is shocked. The Guardian expected something to be hidden under that glove, possibly a scar he was ashamed of or a tattoo associated with a group, but certainly not to the extent of the mark he has revealed.

Velmont said:
"Rogan haven't been down... ok, I thought everyone was there. Let's say my memory of teh event are not very clear. In that case, only the tomb under the temple is the common place. And even if Aern would have been with us, i wouldn't have expected him to manifest a mark. Changelling aren't a dragonmarked race."
"Ari is indeed correct, I did not go down beneath the jungle." As Rogan talks he is obviously making a concious effort to keep his hand from rubbing his leg where the mark has formed.

"Dragonmarked race or not, who is to say it wouldn't have had an effect on him. It is obvious some form of magic has taken place and my experience with magic is probably the smallest among us, but I do know well enough that magic has been known to make situations very confusing." Though it is obvious he is referring to the sudden appearance of the marks, it does seem that the rogue is naturally confused with the art of magic.

drothgery

First Post
Mista Collins said:
"Dragonmarked race or not, who is to say it wouldn't have had an effect on him. It is obvious some form of magic has taken place and my experience with magic is probably the smallest among us, but I do know well enough that magic has been known to make situations very confusing."

"More importantly," Khalia said. "Things seem to be happening that by my prior experience and everything I have been taught I would have said are impossible. I should like to consult my father, but I doubt we will have time to go to Flamekeep soon."

Velmont

First Post
"Sur'Kil just said that the mark you manifested is because you have in your lineage, even if it is pretty far, a dragonmarked blood. It seems it transform what could be a trace into something pure and straong enough to manifest itself."

drothgery

First Post
"Belief is not fact, Jango. There are some in Flamekeep who would argue otherwise, but not in the Archivists order." Khalia said. "Unless I miss my guess, our draconic friend was as shocked by these developments as we were."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari shakes his head, putting back on his glove. "Regardless, it looks like someone will have to do a little research. Sur'Kil, can any of us help with that? The rest of us can look into this Emerald Claw connection."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ari said:
"Regardless, it looks like someone will have to do a little research. Sur'Kil, can any of us help with that?
The Valenar considers this but says nothing one way or the other. "The spontaneous appearance of dragonmarks is not something that would be lost to time... it would be an event and story that would be recorded and passed down... so improbable is it. Research will definitely need to occur."

He begins pacing back and forth at the head of the table, extrapolating ideas as they come to him. "As far as how or when this occured... it would not have been anything at the ruins we were at, as everything you would have contacted had been plainly examined by myself. Now that we know that Mister Osten already was marked and that Jango has his own special version of it... the constellation markings are not dragonmarks in the strictest sense, as they are not part of the Prophecy, but are indeed fueled by the same magic... all of you who were in the chamber where the Eye should have been are all now marked in some way. If the magic of this slab... this altar for the Dragon's Eye... is as powerful with transmutative magic as Jango mentioned it to be... my best guess would be that it is the power source of your manifestations. And if the Eye and one of the relics are gone from that chamber... then there should be stories or fables of a similar spontaneous manifestation for whomever it was that took them. If we find that fable, we might find in which direction our missing Eye went."

Ari said:
"The rest of us can look into this Emerald Claw connection."
At the mention of the Emerald Claw, his face drops in anger. "This is what is more troubling to me. When I received your notification on the sending stone... I spoke to no one other than my brethern in The Chamber. How word of this somehow ended up in Claw hands is a leak of too great of magnitude. I fear that our attempts at acquiring the Dragon's Eye quietly are no longer possible, and that you will be followed every step of the way. You'll need to keep one eye over your shoulder as you continue.

Unfortunately, I do not know what would be more prudent... attempting a proactive search of this contact you were given... or waiting for them to come back looking for you once you get back out on the search. Tell you what... give me a day or two to see what my research brings. If this incident is as improbable but as noteworthy as I think it to be... I should find what I want very quickly and thus get you a new course of direction for your search much faster than you could go to Adderport and back. But after two days if I'm unable to find anything... those of you who could lend assistance in the research could begin that, while the rest of you who wanted to could track down this ir'Marellan woman. Hopefully it will not take that long... but who really knows at this point. Agreed?"

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Two days. I think we can wait. We have a few things to do anyway. I suggest we prepare ourselves for what is coming forth. Wathever we do, we will have to find back the people who took the eye, which mean we will meet some dragonmarked people. Neutralizaing there mark might be a good thing to do."

Jango remmeber the power he had been given by the Daelkyr, his power to hide his mark and ward himself toward the other dragonmarked. He wish the ones who has taken the Eye hasn't devellop this power, or they will have difficulty to track them.

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

Velmont said:
"Two days. I think we can wait. We have a few things to do anyway. I suggest we prepare ourselves for what is coming forth. Wathever we do, we will have to find back the people who took the eye, which mean we will meet some dragonmarked people. Neutralizaing there mark might be a good thing to do."

Donovan nods. "If we manifested like this just from what was left in that room, you have to wonder what more might be popping up on those carrying the eye," he says with some concern. "Two days seems reasonable, though. We still have to pay our respects to the Elder, and we'd want to provision for the trip in any case."

Mista Collins

First Post
"Two days is good." Rogan says as it seems the others agree. "I myself do not have much business in town and wouldn't, but I could do a little research into this ir'Marellan woman. They may be word on the streets or in the bars. If she is or ever has been in this city, I might be able to catch word."

drothgery

First Post
"I should think that my talents are perhaps best used aiding Sur'kil's research for now, though if the circles this ir'Marellan travels in are those of the high nobility, I may be able to open some doors." Khalia says.

"I would make one suggestion, though. Especially if there is no further hope of holding this adventure closely, my father could be a great deal of help."

Remove ads