• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Faerunian Warforged?

haiiro

First Post
Patman21967 said:
Whatever happened to just being a Heman, Dwarf, Elf, 1/2 Elf, Hobbit, Gnome or 1/2 Orc. Everyone has to be some weird exotic race or weirder combination of classes...I am a half-gold dragon brownie, with 5 levels in Paladin, 3 in Ninja, 3 in half-dragon brownie paragon....I'll take a chocolate munchkin please!!!

I don't really see what this adds to the thread. The OP wasn't looking for opinions on warforged, or on the "state of D&D" -- just ideas about how to work them into his game.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Halaster's strongest surviving apprentice is Trobriand the Metal Mage, famous for creating metal constructs of greater-than-normal power and intelligence. His designs are genius, and at least one is sentient enough to want to plot against him...so perhaps he, either accidently or on purpose, created the warforged.

smootrk

First Post
Patman21967 said:
Warforged are dumb, in my humble opinion...

I don't want to be defensive about anyone's postings. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I do appreciate all the ideas so far... Red Wizards are a very good idea, as well as the Lantaneze.

I had some really hair-brained ideas myself, that included planar travel, modrons-with Primus wanting to get into the deity business but needing a race with the right qualities to work with.

Keep the ideas coming; they are great.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Warforged could be:

Creatures from Mechanus who wound up in your campaign because of _________

A race created by a god of science/technology, like Correlan Larethian created the Elves, Moradin the Dwarves, or Grummush the Orcs.

Used as a recepticle for souls of the dying or those who want a different path to eternal life- an alternative to lichdom or other forms of undeath.

A recepticle for brains of persons who have had their bodies mostly destroyed.

Remnants of a time when Elves and Dwarves worked together...not that either race remembers this.

They could be sentient worker robots from a crashed starship (like S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks).

They could be "vehicles" for an incorporeal race.

The one thing that a gnome artificer got to work before his untimely demise.

Made by the same person or persons who made things like clockwork horrors.

Feanor Starym

First Post
How about having them created by an ancient race? A warforged that's on negative hit points is stable indefinately. A couple of points of healing, and suddenly you have a warforged awake hundreds, maybe thousands of years later.

Technik4

First Post
How about having them created by an ancient race? A warforged that's on negative hit points is stable indefinately. A couple of points of healing, and suddenly you have a warforged awake hundreds, maybe thousands of years later.

Along those lines I think warforged make for a good ancient enemy of the phaerimm.

Technik

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I forget- do Warforged hve darkvision?

If so, Warforged would make a pretty good subterranean race (or surviving artifacts thereof)...kinda like the androids Dr. Corby discovered in Star Trek (the original).

Remove ads