• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fake Watchmen Poster -- very cool!

Klaus

First Post
This may be a fake, but it way too cool:

watchmenposter.jpg

For Dr. Manhattan, they'd have to pull a Gollum/King Kong/I, Robot.

KenM

Banned
Banned
I heard a rumor awhile back that they totally changed the ending in the movie from the comic. Bad Idea, if they are going to do Watchmen, do it right.

Qlippoth

Explorer
KenM said:
I heard a rumor awhile back that they totally changed the ending in the movie from the comic. Bad Idea, if they are going to do Watchmen, do it right.
I don't think there's any way a standard 90-120 minute Hollywood movie could remotely do the original story justice. Unfortunately, anything that merits pop-culture attention (regardless of its medium) MUST therefore be given a movie treatment. Ugh.

Jhamin

First Post
KenM said:

I think any ending that involves somebody killing thousands of New Yorkers, then having the Heroes deciding it furthers a greater good, probably won't be flying any time in the near future.

I loved the comics, but they are a long way from politically workable right now.

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
That's a nice poster. Bit sloppy around Mr Douglas, but nice all the same. Gibson looks just right as the Comedian.

John Crichton

First Post
Jhamin said:
I think any ending that involves somebody killing thousands of New Yorkers, then having the Heroes deciding it furthers a greater good, probably won't be flying any time in the near future.

I loved the comics, but they are a long way from politically workable right now.
Unfortunately, this is totally true.

If it were to be made they would have to change the ending. And it probably wouldn't work as a movie. I've said many times that the best way would be a mini-series - the storytelling, with all the flashbacks practically begs for one. They'd have to cut the pirate storyline, too. I'd love to see a true version made but unless we finance it ourselves it ain't gonna happen.

As for the poster: Obviously photoshopped and not bad, but doesn't blow me away. Certainly one movie that wouldn't need star power. I've always thought the cover of the trade paperback would do nicely as a poster; not the only poster but a poster.

Remove ads