• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen Angel [IC]

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: I don´t remember I Akaros did cast detect magic already. If not, he´ll do now and scan the room, specially the box.

Erekose13

Explorer
Syfis' search of the book shelves reveals a few books of interest to arcane casters. A quick flip through the moldy collection indicates that they are mostly texts dealing with transmutation and attempts to mutate creatures. They might be worth say 200gp to an interested buyer you figure.

Akaros casts detect magic and makes a sweep of the room but is unable to find anything that radiates magic. Searching thuroughly you find that the only thing of interest remaining is the strong box.

Thomas takes a crack at it but the lockbox appears to be locked.

Fanog

First Post
Thomas mutters a but to himself as he fiddles with the locks. He seats himself in front of the box, positioning his bow on the floor within arm's reach.

He takes a good look at the lock and the hinges of the box, trying to locate any possible traps. Assuming he doesn't find anything, he pulls a metal scroll case from his backpack. He carefully picks an old parchment from within, unrolls it, and begins intoning the words inscribed upon the yellowish paper. His hands weave around the words, and as he mutters the last of the incantation, he carefully raps upon the lock twice.

Erekose13

Explorer
Thomas doesnt think the lockbox is trapped. He casts his spell over it and the box pops open. Within is a very large number of glittering white-silver coins. There looks to be about 1000 platinum coins in all.

Once you have gathered all of your loot you set out to explore the rest of the caverns. You find more rooms to the north east and the north west but everything appears to be empty. Having successfully cleared the dungeon you return to Arithel's hideout. Syfis lets the spell dissipate and the young angel once again thanks you for your rescue and your help in keeping his town free from that horrid menace.

((ooc thats pretty much it we can roleplay out the last scenes with Arithel and the Town or just let it fall. In any case the map is up. I have revealed all of the dungeon now.))

Someone

Adventurer
"A good day of monster bashing and treasure collecting" says Akaros. "Not to mention the boy. That is, a good day. We did all what I were going to do here, so let´s come back to the town. I´m sure they could prepare us something to eat!"

[Erekose, I don´t know if you intend to follow with another adventure -since you are starting an AU one-, but I´m for continuing. Though I´d like to know the XP we would have earned.]

Erekose13

Explorer
OOC: Someone, I could continue if we are all up for it. I wanted to talk a bit about the adventure and my dming style with the players. To kinda find out how my first turn out of the gate went. Personally I think that the written adventure did not go well with the pbp style as it was mostly combat driven, especially once you got to the caves it was just combat after combat.

So how did I do?

and Do you want to continue?

Thels

First Post
"heh, that's a nice payment for a job well done, I'd say. Nothing keeping us here any longer, so let's head home, shall we?"

OOC: Yes, it was a lot of combat, and yes, that goes slow over PbP, but I personally wasn't annoyed by that. If you decide to continue, I'll defenitely stay in the game, but as you said, it's meant as a short game, so if you decide to end it, then that's the deal.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: After all, things slowed in the last part of the pbp; the first went rather quick. I´d say the exploration part was the slowest, that including when the wizard went exploring on her own. Many times, it´s dividing the group what kills a game fairly quickly.

Thels

First Post
OOC: Yeah, that was somewhat of a problem. Split parties is fine as long as both sides are active, though. Part of the problem is that there wasn't much feed to go on for in-party discussion, but hey, we formed a good group, I'd say.

Fanog

First Post
"Yes, I am glad that we were able to save the ange'l", Thomas replies. He sounds a bit saddened, though. "I am curious as to why the angel was here, and why this ogre mage had kidnapped him. I think there is still much to learn here. I would like to stay here for a while and study. If you decide to move on, I'm afraid I won't be able to come. Fare thee well..."

OOC: I'm busy writing my master's thesis, and trying to find a job after that. I'm managing only barely (or not) on keeping up with the game I play here. Because of that, I don't think it would be appropriate for me to continue with this adventure. Maybe some time later, circumstances permitting...

As for your DM'ing: I think you did pretty well, considering it was your first PbP game. The format has quite distinct borders for what does and what does not work, and I think we bumped into several of them. IMO, split parties can work just fine, but it is very important that everyone has at least a couple of viable options at all times. Especially when the party is split, the DM should take special care to insure that action is happening on both sides. I think that a DM should be really flexible in adjusting the adventure for maximum pleasure, even if it's not 'how it's supposed to be done'. I think that's one of the main disadvantages of a pre-written format, as we played it.

I think you'll do really well in your next game, I'm really sorry that I can't find the time to join. Good luck in running your AU game. Lots of fun for the rest of the players, as well, if they choose to continue the adventure. Sorry that I can't stick around; I've felt that I was a burden more than an active member of the group. :(

Fanog

Remove ads