Fantasy Flight Games statement on Star Wars License

pukunui

Legend
Get a load of this!

The pertinent bit: "Called FFG and got a firm denial that they acquired the license. (It's out of their price-range and not worth the legal hassle) It was a very nice little chat and I was told that could repeat that information here.
Called Lucas Licensing and was told that a role-playing game license had not been secured at present. This could just mean that they're still accepting bids and that final paperwork on any such license was not finished."

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
*Riiiiiiiise* Lord Vader
[Blatant Thread Necromancy]

Anyone have any thoughts on who the company will be?

I am hoping Gen-Con is the venue chosen for the announcement by "whomever" since I'll be amongst the slouching masses in Indy next week and it'd be cool to be at ground zero so-to-speak.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
*Riiiiiiiise* Lord Vader
[Blatant Thread Necromancy]

Anyone have any thoughts on who the company will be?

I am hoping Gen-Con is the venue chosen for the announcement by "whomever" since I'll be amongst the slouching masses in Indy next week and it'd be cool to be at ground zero so-to-speak.
The post right above yours indicates that, as of January, there was no company that had it at all.

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
a role-playing game license had not been secured at present
Well, now it's the end of July. Perhaps the license has been secured. Or maybe it hasn't and is in limbo. Nothing in this thread would indicate any more or less at this point. I just thought I'd kick around some speculation.

Crothian when will you be taking pre-orders? I'll take seventeen special leather-bound-gold-foil-edged-illuminated-by-medieval-monks editions. Oh and will your edition provide the much needed rules for midichlorians (god it hurts to even type that word)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
As I said in the other thread that brought this up only a few days ago, when someone announces they've got the Star Wars license, they won't keep it a secret. We'll ALL know.

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
Looks like it is FFG afterall. They just started links to X-Wing and Star Wars: The Card Game in their "Have you checked out our latest additions" links on their forums. Though the roleplaying game may have been something they passed on...hopefully we'll see more as the week progresses.

Remove ads