• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Farscape Support

cuteasaurus

First Post
Maybe a random question, but what are other people doing for Farscape rpg support? Are you just writing up characters from the show and using trial-and-error to figure out what the appropriate stats are? Are you using other rpg sources? Other ideas?

Wycen

Explorer
Our Farscape d20 campaign was a year ago, maybe more. I remember searching online for resources and they were scarce and by scarce I mean about 3 hits with google. That might have changed, plus if you are using a different system you could be in luck.

We didn't interact with any of the characters from the series, just used the universe and races for background and went in our own direction. Our Game Master posted our backgrounds and event synopsis online and I can dig up the url if you are really interested.

Khorod

First Post
There was an AEG D20 Farscape book. It was so-so to not-so-good on mechanics, but the setting stuff might be helpful.

Trial and Error isn't really hard for Farscape. Once you get the core stuff down, its kind of an anything-goes sort of place. Get a few key races, figure out key weapons stats, and so on.

cuteasaurus

First Post
Yeah, I have the core rulebook, I ust realized that while the races and stats were a good start, I don't have much experience with a world that doesnt have support books. But, if you guys have made it work, then I'll give it a try. ;)

Neo

Explorer
There is "some" fan material I created on the Farscape page of my wbesite over at http://www.neo73.plus.com bunch of new ship feats, and some B5 vessels I converted for use as levithan type vessels (in case of whitestar), and peacekeeper vessels in case of most of the others.

As has been mentioned however, on the whole thier was little support, the game came out after so many delays and on the back of the series getting cancelled...poor thing was doomed..still got two copies though as its Farscape after all :lol:

The game did have some real shaky rules in places and some bad editing, but its still playable if your happy to make the tweaks as you come across them in play.

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
Actually I was hoping someone else could answer it. I've been eyeing the UAA for that reason in particular. Similarly Dawning Star is tempting, as in, what if it ended up in the Uncharted Territories?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads