• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite System that Never Caught On

Nyaricus

First Post
Uruush said:
On the d20 front, I hope A Game of Thrones, Iron Heroes, and True20 all get more support/popularity. They're all brilliant.
Here, here! I completely agree with all of these :D

I also do not own, but hope to get, Castles and Crusades, which sounds like a blast :)

PS: is C&C in print and pdf, or only one or the other, or what?? Thanks in advance ;)

ProfAnime

Move along, nothing to see here
I'd vote for DP9's Tribe 8, Heavy Gear, and Jovian Chronicles. Silhouette system is pretty decent and the backgrounds for the games are excellent. Mini's side of things for HG and JC are relatively popular, but wish their rpg sides got more interest

reel_big_gish

First Post
I was always partial to West End Game's D6 Star Wars line. It took about 5 minutes to learn, and it just captured the fast-paced feel of the space opera genre, something the D20 version fails at miserably.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Aetherco's CONTINUUM. Greatest time travel game ever invented, and with a set of self-consistent rules that gave players the best opportunity to be "gods in a bottle" that I've ever seen.

Gargoyle

Adventurer
Torg. I love the rulesystem for the most part, though it could use some refining, and the cross-genre setting. It was just a little too different to have mainstream appeal.

I ran a couple of great campaigns years ago, but my current players don't really have time to learn a new system, and changing it to a d20 system would be too time consuming for me.

Remove ads