• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fear the Blade master V1.04

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
The spot weakness class ability doesn't quite sound right. The other numerical bonuses granted by the class are all along the lines of "1/point of Intelligence bonus, but not more than the class level," or "1/class level," but spot weakness doesn't fit the pattern. Or rather, since it is a 5th level ability, it makes me think that it is a "1/class level" kind of ability that was relabelled. But if Blade Master were expanded (to six or more levels) it would be changed back.

Aside from that one aesthetic quirk, I really like the class.

I don't have access to the MiniHB right now, but am I right to think that a level or two of duelist (along with other full BAB classes) would be the best way of qualifying for blade master?

jaker2003

Explorer
Cheiromancer said:
I don't have access to the MiniHB right now, but am I right to think that a level or two of duelist (along with other full BAB classes) would be the best way of qualifying for blade master?

Best is a subjective term. As for fastest route, 3 levels of Bard, Monk, or Rogue provides the required skills ranks. Then you only need to increase your BAB by 3, I recommend the Fighter for this, so you can access the bonus fighter feats. Then you should be able to take Blade Master levels as early as your 7th level (a level earlier than if you stayed in Bard, Monk, or Rogue).

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Oops. Had a mental lapse there; I meant swashbuckler. I was looking for "duelist" and didn't see it in CW, so I thought it would be in the MiniHB.

Anyways, swashbuckler lets you qualify after completing five levels. Balance, Tumble and Sense Motive are class skills for the swashbuckler, and the class gets full BAB and 4+int skill points per level. Three levels gives you insightful strike (Int bonus to attack rolls with finessable weapon) which fits the theme of the blade master class. Two more levels of fighter for some bonus feats, and you can enter the blade master class with level 6.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads