• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

feats for grapple checks, need some

Armadon63

First Post
I was wondering what other feats are out there that can help improve my grapple checks. I want to make it almost impossible for someone to get out of a grapple with me. thanks.

Bad Paper

First Post
Armadon63 said:
I was wondering what other feats are out there that can help improve my grapple checks. I want to make it almost impossible for someone to get out of a grapple with me.
Well, duh, Improved Grapple. From Lords of Madness, there are two feats called Aberrant Blood (flexible limbs) and Deepspawn. Each of those gives you a +2 on your grapple checks. You can get a cheap Maug graft called Locking Hand or something that gives you a +5 on checks to prevent someone from escaping from your grapple. And there are other grafts (like Grappling Tentacle) that give you bonusses, and I think there's a graft that plants spikes all over your body (like armor spikes) to do piercing damage when you're engaged in a grapple. Enlarge Person is a nice spell to have to give you a +4 on your grapple checks.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Weapon focus (grapple) is an often overlooked feat. It helped on the attack roll to hit initially and some DMs houserule it to add to your opposed grapple checks as well.

CronoDekar

First Post
Complete Warrior has Clever Wrestling, which gives you bonuses to your grapple checks against creatures larger than medium-size to somewhat compensate for their size bonus, though it does require Improved Unarmed Strike.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
CronoDekar said:
Complete Warrior has Clever Wrestling, which gives you bonuses to your grapple checks against creatures larger than medium-size to somewhat compensate for their size bonus, though it does require Improved Unarmed Strike.

Only when trying to escape a grapple, if I remember correctly.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
If you don't mind looking a little silly, there is an exotic weapon from the Sandstorm supplement call "Scorpion Claws" that gives you a +4 on grapple checks (they are also light weapons, so you can attack with them in a grapple if you need to).

Also, drinking an Enlarge Person Potion (or having a friend cast it on you) gives you +5 on Grapple checks.

Anything that increases your strength also increases your grapple bonus.

Iku Rex

Explorer
The FR regional feat Jotunbrud (from Races of Faerun) lets you count as Large for the purpose of many combat maneuvers, including grapple (+4).

The PsiHandbook has the Gloves of Titan's Grip, granting a +8 bonus on grapple checks (7 rounds per use, up to three uses per day, 14000 gp). There's a similar item in Sword and Fist (permanent +5, some other bonuses, 15000 gp IIRC).

Scratched_back

First Post
Not that it gives you any statistical bonuses, but the knife-fighter regional feat from Players Guide to Faerun is worthwhile... allowing you to fight with light weapons in a grapple at no penalty.

Remove ads